Jd 4020?

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks Jed, I don't have one, but I have been looking at several, and I have never seen one with either 3 remotes, or the loader not plumped into the remotes, so I didn't know what all could be done.

Yes, you can have a loader not hooked to your remotes. Use a Tee fitting in the line going to your rockshaft. That will supply your closed center loader valve. Then from the loader valve, return the oil to a weld in port in your hydraulic filter cover. There are other ways of doing it, but that is the cheapest.

Denver,

The power beyond block only works if you have a late model. It also presents a clearance issue with the sheet metal that can be remedied if you don't mind cutting the sheet metal. Their are several ways of doing it but the cheapest way is the way TurkeyLilly mentioned. There is a pressure line right in front of the Brake vavle that supplies the rockshaft. You can tee in to that location for pressure and then return to a purchased ported filter from John deere/salvage company or make your own. A cleaner way is to tee off of the pressure line just in front of the Pressure control valve under the hood. That way allows you to set it up with a short hydraulic hose with coupler so that you can disconnect from the loader easily and tuck the line back behind the sheet metal were it can't be seen. Yesterday's tractor forum has a lot of information on plumbing up a loader and some have pics.

Late Models - 69'-72'
Early Models - 64'-38'

OldCrow

DM,

Once you get it plumbed up I vote you post some pics of the setup. I always enjoy looking at 4020s in use and the way people arrange the loader setup. I plan on getting a loader for my 4020 this winter if funds/time work out. It will also help people in the future who search for ways to setup a loader on a 20 series tractor.

Thanks,

OldCrow

OldCrow":1494vlt3 said:
DM,

Once you get it plumbed up I vote you post some pics of the setup. I always enjoy looking at 4020s in use and the way people arrange the loader setup. I plan on getting a loader for my 4020 this winter if funds/time work out. It will also help people in the future who search for ways to setup a loader on a 20 series tractor.

Thanks,

OldCrow
I would if I had one, I was just asking because I might buy one sometime and I don't ever want a tractor with a loader plugged into the remotes.

Latest posts