Jayme Closs found............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/us/jayme-closs- ... on-of-teen

Jake Thomas Patterson, of Gordon, Wisconsin, was arrested Thursday on homicide and kidnapping charges. His initial court hearing is scheduled for Monday and records showed he does not have an attorney.

On Thursday, authorities announced Closs, 13, who disappeared in October, was found alive. She vanished on Oct. 15 after her parents – James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, - were shot dead at their home in Barron County.

Jake Thomas Patterson was arrested Thursday on homicide and kidnapping charges.
694940094001_5988548812001_5988548570001-vs.jpg

Jayme Closs 13 years old
Jayme-Closs-FBI.jpg

Hadn't heard about all this before today. A very confusing story to catch up on. At least the guy is caught, and maybe that young lady can assemble some sort of life for herself.

Lots of coverage locally. In spite of the brave faces, some surprise that she was found alive. Had another famous case here where the pervert buried his victim on a farm... Law enforcement was not able to find the pervert much less the body - - but he later confessed as part of a deal on another case. Law enforcement does not seem effective with these "stranger" abductions.

I think a lesson here is that you can not count on 911 to save you in a rural location, especially if you have lots of internet friends.

Stocker Steve":10rm1drb said:
I think a lesson here is that you can not count on 911 to save you in a rural location, especially if you have lots of internet friends.

I thought most everyone knew that. Which is why most country folks are well-armed, or at last should be. No worries here. Can easily take care of 1-2 undesirables at once here. 5-6 may pose a predicament. I wonder if there was any form of security in the Closs household?

Aaron":356w9xjk said:
Stocker Steve":356w9xjk said:

I thought most everyone knew that. Which is why most country folks are well-armed, or at last should be. No worries here. Can easily take care of 1-2 undesirables at once here. 5-6 may pose a predicament. I wonder if there was any form of security in the Closs household?

I agree. But when you get shot in the head with a 12 gauge, through the door, no amount of firepower would matter. I guess we are gonna have to start assuming every time someone knocks on the door that they are a threat, which is border line living in fear, which is not much of a way to live. I bet it never crossed his mind when he went to answer the door.

JMJ Farms":1f4tmss9 said:
Aaron":1f4tmss9 said:
Stocker Steve":1f4tmss9 said:

I agree. But when you get shot in the head with a 12 gauge, through the door, no amount of firepower would matter. I guess we are gonna have to start assuming every time someone knocks on the door that they are a threat, which is border line living in fear, which is not much of a way to live. I bet it never crossed his mind when he went to answer the door.

Remote cameras are your friend. As well as designing your house to have different vantage points of view to the outside main entrance. I don't think I have ever answered the main door without taking a peek who is outside first. And when a stranger knocked on my door at 3 am on a wicked winter evening a few years ago, I did not answer without first having a loaded rifle in my hands. I don't plan to be a statistic.

Aaron":16w8d8b2 said:
JMJ Farms":16w8d8b2 said:
Aaron":16w8d8b2 said:

Remote cameras are your friend. As well as designing your house to have different vantage points of view to the outside main entrance. I don't think I have ever answered the main door without taking a peek who is outside first. And when a stranger knocked on my door at 3 am on a wicked winter evening a few years ago, I did not answer without first having a loaded rifle in my hands. I don't plan to be a statistic.

I agree. It's become imperative to look before opening the door. I'm not sure exactly how it happened but he was shot through the door in the head.

Funny thing, 10,15,20 years ago I had a lot of friends that would show up at various times needing a place to sleep it off. I've answered the door more times than I can count with my eyes matted shut and nothing on but a pair of drawers and never gave it a second thought. These days I wouldn't even think about it! My how times have changed.

JMJ Farms Remote cameras are your friend. [/quote said:
You don't bring a smart phone to a gun fight,
and you don't open the door,
but you don't have time to go into the basement and dig in the safe,
before he kicks the door in...

So you need some help and it has to be handy.

This happened literally a handful of miles from where I sit right now. I drive by that house (on a large, very busy highway) about every two weeks. I have friends, family and co-workers who took part in the searches. Based on information newly released and some that I have known for a while simply due to my line of work, this tragedy was not something one can plan for/ against. I just hope at this point that the trial is soon so that our small town atmosphere can return and a semblance of normal life returns. It has been months of pain for this family, strain on our communities and brought much unwanted attention to our quite and rather peaceful lives.

Boot Jack Bulls":3kkds7oo said:
This happened literally a handful of miles from where I sit right now. I drive by that house (on a large, very busy highway) about every two weeks. I have friends, family and co-workers who took part in the searches. Based on information newly released and some that I have known for a while simply due to my line of work, this tragedy was not something one can plan for/ against. I just hope at this point that the trial is soon so that our small town atmosphere can return and a semblance of normal life returns. It has been months of pain for this family, strain on our communities and brought much unwanted attention to our quite and rather peaceful lives.
We'd always stop in Solon Springs for ice cream as a kid on our way to Hayward.

True Grit Farms":2azva7jm said:
Boot Jack Bulls":2azva7jm said:
We'd always stop in Solon Springs for ice cream as a kid on our way to Hayward.
Small world TG!

Stocker Steve":j7fxm9ll said:
JMJ Farms Remote cameras are your friend. [/quote:j7fxm9ll said:
You don't bring a smart phone to a gun fight,
and you don't open the door,
but you don't have time to go into the basement and dig in the safe,
before he kicks the door in...

So you need some help and it has to be handy.

Rifle is in hallway and loaded clip is hidden in nearby drawer. Very accessible for me. Never been a fan of safes. But probably a necessity in homes with small children around often.

Wanted to update this.... Jayme's kidnapper and the killer of her parents has been sentenced. He will never walk free again. Glad so see this wrapped up quickly and some modicum of justice served!

Boot Jack Bulls said:
Wanted to update this.... Jayme's kidnapper and the killer of her parents has been sentenced. He will never walk free again. Glad so see this wrapped up quickly and some modicum of justice served!
Another oxygen thief to keep up the next 30-40 years......

More like 75! Two life sentences + 40 years, with no possibility of parole...he's only in his mid-twenties...

Latest posts