Found Great Deal on Camera

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":hcst4w9g said:
I took shots with the automatic setting, now I must learn how to pull the cows in closer.
Here is the first shot that I took. Notice I have Oak Wilt in the tree behind Abbey's head. I am going to have to cut it down before it spreads to the other trees. Buster is behind her. There is a hawk feather behind their heads in the grass. Also, notice the army worm damage in the pasture just beyond them. See how it appears to be frost damage on the grass? This camera takes really good pictures. It's the operator holding it that needs to read a bit more. I fell asleep on the computer when I was trying to read it last night.

Image9-5-14at655PM.jpg

Looks like a crop of to the right of the photo. What is it.

The corn to the right is great as it is getting close to being picked. They are shelling corn now. It's my pasture in the lower area that has been eaten by the worms. They get sprayed on Sunday. It is supposed to rain today, Saturday.
The grass where the dogs are sitting, the worms are not touching it. It is 90 % Zoysia grass, and they just aren't going to eat it. There is a touch of Dallis Grass as the Zoysia gets closer to the tree. They do love the bermuda and the crab grass.

Around the picture of my house, you can tell where they have taken the stems down low to the ground.

Chuckie":305nz186 said:
The corn to the right is great as it is getting close to being picked. They are shelling corn now. It's my pasture in the lower area that has been eaten by the worms. They get sprayed on Sunday. It is supposed to rain today, Saturday.
The grass where the dogs are sitting, the worms are not touching it. It is 90 % Zoysia grass, and they just aren't going to eat it. There is a touch of Dallis Grass as the Zoysia gets closer to the tree. They do love the bermuda and the crab grass.

Around the picture of my house, you can tell where they have taken the stems down low to the ground.

Save your money on the spraying the damage has been done. Just wait it out.

That is what I have been thinking hurley. But they are coming to the front of the property on the other side. They haven't cleaned it up entirely yet. It has a lot of green, but the tops are just beginning to look frosted. They have just walked across my pasture. There is totally nothing left in the back section of my place as it appears to look like a desert. I looked for the sizes of the worms and they are huge.
I have a small pasture for the cattle that I do take care of and it is over stocked. Since it was such a high percentage of Durana clover, the cattle do not graze long and the pasture is always tall. It keeps them on the "over fat" side, and it sickens me to see them take it down so far. They might as well be out on a plowed field in the back as I was told they would eat for 10 days only and die. But it has gone past that. I wish I had 200 chickens. What a year for the birds, and can you imagine what it would be like if we didn't have them?

Even the Finches aren't eating the thistle seed in the feeder.

Next year I see that Army worms are going to have to be look for every couple of days. It will have to be a major priority or I will have to start feeding hay early again. This year I will have the hay, but it was not a way to save money by doing it this way. The grass should have been here for another 30-45 days for sure, and still grazing longer as the frost doesn't get it all. They ate the fescue too.

I had up to 17 cattle on 10 acres of pasture. There is a great amount of crab grass that comes up each year. I don't ever have to disturb the soil to get the seeds to sprout. I felt it was the cattle most likely disturbing the ground, since it is over stocked. Crab grass with a bit of rain each year is a very fast grower. The protein is as high as Vaughn's bermuda, even with a common crab.