It's time to plant.

Help Support CattleToday:

jj216

Reaction score
Ok Jogeephus and others that posted,I'm gonna plant my Bahia and millet this week.I've got my Bahia bought.I need to go buy the millet .So do I need the regular seeding rate on millet or should I go a little lighter since it's a nurse crop.30 lbs an acre is recomended if you're just planting millet so should I stick with that.I gonna plant 40lbs. an acre on the bahia because that's the rate I like on new ground.I hope my question makes sense to ya'll.

When I did it I planted the regular rate of both. With a drill, there is ample space between the discs for the bahia to take root. My drill has a small seed box on it too and what I did was take the tubes off it so seed would just scatter on the ground and not get planted in the trench with the millet. Good luck, looks like we got good weather for it.

Thanks Jo,I'll go but my seed today.And get it in the ground tommorrow and Thurs.Yes ,the weather looks good.Hopefully this is what I been waiting for but ya never know for sure.I appreciate your help.

Latest posts