Its time again to breed Olivia

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
Any suggestions on what Dairy cow I should breed Olivia with. She is a great mother and has a lot of milk. I want to keep her, but my direction has changes to only raising dairy cows. What whould be the best bull to breed her with>>????

lancemart":2uh40xg6 said:
Any suggestions on what Dairy cow I should breed Olivia with. She is a great mother and has a lot of milk. I want to keep her, but my direction has changes to only raising dairy cows. What whould be the best bull to breed her with>>????

Is Olivia a cow? :cboy:

HerefordSire":2as9xcn2 said:
lancemart":2as9xcn2 said:

Is Olivia a cow? :cboy:
Yes Olivia is a Herford Cow.

Keren":bsdomxaw said:
I'm confused . . .

Who/what is Olivia?

Why is she a special case? Whats going on??

By the way, I'd breed her to a BULL, not a cow ;-)

She is a special case because she is my cow.
I did not know you could breed her to a BULL?

Someone asked the question if it was Olivia and I answered his or her question. I cannot remember now who asked me.

If you breed her to another cow, the chances for a viable pregnancy go down dramatically.

You know how them lesbian thangs usually turn out.

lancemart":thms8b4w said:

Different dairy breeds bring different strengths to the table. Jersey are smaller animals. I think their milk is higher in fat. Holsteins are known for bad dispositions, but they produce more pounds of milk than other dairy breeds. That's why they are generally the choice of the commercial dairyman. You'll just have to do some research on dairy breeds and decide which one fits your need. Here's the OK State University link to breeds of cattle in the US. Go down the page a bit and you'll see a link to Dairy breeds.

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/cattle/

Whatever breed bull you decide to use is up to you , just make sure you use an easy calving bull , I don't know what your hereford looks like but some can tend to be smaller framed, if so you won't want a bull that will throw big calves.

shorty":1k4vn23n said:
Whatever breed bull you decide to use is up to you , just make sure you use an easy calving bull , I don't know what your hereford looks like but some can tend to be smaller framed, if so you won't want a bull that will throw big calves.

That brings up an interesting point. I (and a lot of people I've visited with over the years) used to think of Herfs as little cattle until we saw the nations best in Denver. They were probably one of the biggest breeds out there. Something to think about.

Latest posts