Its official my registered Balancer herd!

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited, I've been working towards this for bout 5 years now. I hand picked select registered black angus cows to go with each of the two young PB Homo Black Gelbvieh bulls I purchased earlier in the spring. As of yesterday I picked 9 cows for the yearling bull from SD a Silver Dollar son and put them on grass. Here's a bad pic of him in with the girls.

Then I put 10 cows so far with this 17 month old bull he's a Post Rock Silver/Shark son. I'll be adding 2 or 3 more as they calve.

Feel like Celebrating! :banana: B&G

B&G that's awesome!! I am headed in somewhat the same direction as you have been and it kills me to have to go at it slowly like I have to do. Congrats on the hard work and patience.

Black and Good":3q4cg5gs said:
js1234":3q4cg5gs said:
Which breeder in SD did you buy from?
Hojer Ranch Huron, SD they own Silver Dollar.[/url]

The Hojer family are great people. I have purchased bulls and females from them and they bought a bull from me this week. Here is my last bull I bought from them.

Here is the bull they got from me.

CKSGelbvieh":32anxmbd said:
Black and Good":32anxmbd said:
js1234":32anxmbd said:
Which breeder in SD did you buy from?
Hojer Ranch Huron, SD they own Silver Dollar.[/url]

The Hojer family are great people. I have purchased bulls and females from them and they bought a bull from me this week. Here is my last bull I bought from them.

Here is the bull they got from me.

Nice bulls both of them! Thanks for sharing. Yes, they are great people. I've bought females from them as well! CKS, what state are you located in? Thanks B&G

Black and Good":351j7p9g said:
Nice bulls both of them! Thanks for sharing. Yes, they are great people. I've bought females from them as well! CKS, what state are you located in? Thanks B&G
Located in central Iowa.