It's "herd" not "heard"

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1obnmsi6 said:
HOSS":1obnmsi6 said:
You'ns thank yaw got it ruff........I am murried to a English teecher. She teeches English at MTSU. I get krected ever tiem I opuns my mouf.

I can top that mine taught special ed. :shock:
My wife got her fill of that just living with me :lol:

Caustic Burno":3g5cxoot said:
HOSS":3g5cxoot said:
You'ns thank yaw got it ruff........I am murried to a English teecher. She teeches English at MTSU. I get krected ever tiem I opuns my mouf.

:lol2: I thought there was a law against teachers dating their students?

3waycross":gm166h0z said:
Caustic Burno":gm166h0z said:
HOSS":gm166h0z said:

Not in Texas we can even marry cousins just not brother and sister like Tennessee or sheep like out west.

Caustic Burno":3pjv0esw said:
You want to talk organic chemistry it is clear as a bell pull out a grammar book might as well be Egyptian hieroglyphics.
I wrote several manuals at work and the company gave me a secretary to go back through them before being published.
That poor lady probably had a lot of late nights fixing my grammar and spelling. Freshman English kicked my ass had a professor I nicked named hard ass (I wont put her last name) but it rhymed well.

"Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds. Biochemistry is the study of carbon compounds that crawl." (Mike Adams) :banana:

CKC1586":17go5v6w said:
cross_7":17go5v6w said:
M5farm":17go5v6w said:
I thought texasbred was some kind of "fruit" pastry

Again I ain't the spelling police but that'd be pansy
I thought it was something like sweet breds.....or is it breads?
:???:
Depends on if it's glands or a loved one that's pregnant

Remember there are three types of weather
Weather- as in it's cold outside.
Whether- as in, should I, or should I not
Wether- as in a Alabama man's blind date.

:lol:

Good stuff. Too bad schools can't focus on what's been listed in this thread.

I brought it up elsewhere, but let me throw in conformation vs. confirmation.

As for the smart phones, I recently got one, and spend more time correcting the spell checker than it corrects me. Can't figure out how to shut off that feature.

homonym/homophone/homograph
By Dr. Sheldon Cooper

This word set can be confusing, even for word geeks. Let's start with the basics. A homograph is a word that has the same spelling as another word but has a different sound and a different meaning:
lead (to go in front of)/lead (a metal)
wind (to follow a course that is not straight)/wind (a gust of air)
bass (low, deep sound)/bass (a type of fish)
A homophone is a word that has the same sound as another word but is spelled differently and has a different meaning:
to/two/too
there/their/they're
pray/prey
Not so bad, right? The ending –graph means drawn or written, so a homograph has the same spelling. The –phone ending means sound or voice, so a homophone has the same pronunciation. But here's where it gets tricky. Depending on whom you talk to, homonym means either:
A word that is spelled like another but has a different sound and meaning (homograph); a word that sounds like another but has a different spelling and meaning (homophone)
OR
A word that is spelled and pronounced like another but has a different meaning (homograph and homophone)
So does a homonym have to be both a homograph and a homophone, or can it be just one or the other? As with most things in life, it depends on whom you ask.
In the strictest sense, a homonym must be both a homograph and a homophone. So say many dictionaries. However, other dictionaries allow that a homonym can be a homograph or a homophone.
With so many notable resources pointing to the contrary, are we losing this strict meaning? What then will we call a word that is spelled and pronounced the same as another but has a different meaning? If homonym retains all these meanings, how will readers know what is actually meant?
The careful writer would do well to follow the strict sense, ensuring his meaning is understood immediately.
Tomorrow we will be discussing " The seven words you can't say on TV : by George Carlin.
My favorite being : You can prick your finger, but don't --------------------.

Or maybe the proper use of capital letters as in:
Polish---------the West Slavic language of Poland
polish -------- to make (something) smooth and shiny by rubbing it

Bazinga!

3waycross":1kis2u20 said:
Caustic Burno":1kis2u20 said:
HOSS":1kis2u20 said:

3way you lose your job and go to prison for that now. When I was in school it was just called "getting lucky". :lol: :lol:

This has been helpful. I have been calling TexasBred, "TexasBread". I see the error, sorry TexasBread, I mean TexasBred. ;-)

TB, what is the story behind TexasBred. Does that mean you were conceived in Texas? Or is there a greater meaning? Oh well, I guess a Kentucky Hillbilly should keep his wonderings to himself. ;-)

inyati13":3ngesrao said:
This has been helpful. I have been calling TexasBred, "TexasBread". I see the error, sorry TexasBread, I mean TexasBred. ;-)

TB, what is the story behind TexasBred. Does that mean you were conceived in Texas? Or is there a greater meaning? Oh well, I guess a Kentucky Hillbilly should keep his wondering so to himself. ;-)

He's an imported Texan.
He must not be getting enough ...

... sleep or has a sore tooth cause he's as grouchy as ...

inyati13":1zed0or7 said:

TB, what is the story behind TexasBred. Does that mean you were conceived in Texas? Or is there a greater meaning? Oh well, I guess a Kentucky Hillbilly should keep his wonderings to himself. ;-)
Never got around to asking my folks where the actual conception took place. They had no pictures either. Not born in Texas either. Really doesn't mean anything to me. Just saw it somewhere else and borrowed it.

cross_7":vlknxuak said:
inyati13":vlknxuak said:

TB, what is the story behind TexasBred. Does that mean you were conceived in Texas? Or is there a greater meaning? Oh well, I guess a Kentucky Hillbilly should keep his wondering so to himself. ;-)

He's an imported Texan.
He must not be getting enough ...

... sleep or has a sore tooth cause he's as grouchy as ...

I'm not grouchy "dud". You just get mad when I disagree with you. You make it easy. :mrgreen:

Latest posts