Its cold out there but....

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":uv5yscyr said:
How come Noah did not like unicorns.

Come on now hurley! Everyone knows you can't have unicorns without rainbows...and the rainbows didn't start until after the flood...

hurleyjd":3b2ouloz said:
How come Noah did not like unicorns.
The unicorns were arrogant, full of themselves and thought they were too smart to need an ark. They wanted no part of that boat ride.

Jogeephus":1lbz82on said:
farmerjan":1lbz82on said:
Jogeephus":1lbz82on said:
If you haven't tried this water you haven't tasted freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUv7NQelex0

Everyone wants their minute....I sure wouldn't hire someone that went to this extreme..YUK

I know a guy who is this detail oriented. You can't say he isn't a hard worker but he gets nothing done. He drops by sometimes and is just amazed at what I get done and the changes I've made to the farm. He recently spent a whole summer putting up a quarter mile of fence. A whole summer! I will say it was in perfect alignment and each post was set to the exact same depth - give or take maybe a millimeter. I know I shouldn't have done it but I'm an evil person and couldn't help myself but I asked him why his wire was a little crooked and not parallel. (though it wasn't) The concerned look on his face was priceless. I left him with that thought because I had to leave before I wet myself. As said, I am a bad person.

A week or so later he saw me and told me I was wrong. I'm pretty sure he spent a week with a tape measure and measuring every wire and every post.

This is my Father in law to a T. The last dog house he built took him three weeks to build working on it a couple of hours every eveing. It did look good though, most cabinets are not put together as good as that dog house is. I've learned not to let him help me build anything, as he drives me nuts how presise everything must be.

Jogeephus":3oymwwpg said:
farmerjan":3oymwwpg said:
Jogeephus":3oymwwpg said:
If you haven't tried this water you haven't tasted freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUv7NQelex0

Everyone wants their minute....I sure wouldn't hire someone that went to this extreme..YUK

I know a guy who is this detail oriented. You can't say he isn't a hard worker but he gets nothing done. He drops by sometimes and is just amazed at what I get done and the changes I've made to the farm. He recently spent a whole summer putting up a quarter mile of fence. A whole summer! I will say it was in perfect alignment and each post was set to the exact same depth - give or take maybe a millimeter. I know I shouldn't have done it but I'm an evil person and couldn't help myself but I asked him why his wire was a little crooked and not parallel. (though it wasn't) The concerned look on his face was priceless. I left him with that thought because I had to leave before I wet myself. As said, I am a bad person.

A week or so later he saw me and told me I was wrong. I'm pretty sure he spent a week with a tape measure and measuring every wire and every post.

Jo, I know a fellow just as you describe. His favorite phrase is, "I can't believe it" when he sees what I have done. When I'm working on something and he's there "helping" he often wants to go home and build a part on his lathe to get the project finished. I end up improvising something and he says, "I can't believe it".

I usually tell him, "we're not building a space ship". He surely isn't creative, and can't think outside the box. It would take him a week to cut a hole in a plate of steel and I could get it done a an hour with a die grinder...just not as accurate, I guess.

Jogeephus":2wk6bwcm said:

You should have snuck out there at night with a post jack and raised a few of his posts up and pounded a few others down deeper.

greybeard":f99e15b0 said:
Jogeephus":f99e15b0 said:

You should have snuck out there at night with a post jack and raised a few of his posts up and pounded a few others down deeper.
:lol2: :lol2: :hide: :hide:

greybeard":19xh8tr3 said:
Jogeephus":19xh8tr3 said:

People like this guy are sort of like a cat. They deserve everything that happens to them. :lol:

The most successful people I know have found the perfect balance of making things happen, and being a perfectionist.

Latest posts