Is there any animal that eats multi flora roses?

Help Support CattleToday:

stocky":1ibcqhl4 said:
If you dont give them alot of other stuff to eat some animals that will eat the multflora rose are llamas, goats, corriente cattle and longhorn cattle, to a lesser extent.
Dun, I wonder if the camels came from that exotic farm at Brookline? They have a large herd of camels and zebras. I havent seen their other exotic animals, they may have sold the others. I cant remember the name of it, though

Stocky there is a fellow east of Springburg on 60 that has a retirement farm for unwanted zoo and circus animals. Used to be able to get elephant manure for free from him.
You could probably rent "weeders" from him. And I think he is set up to transport them, but don't know for sure.

Saltydawg":hcd1ai7z said:
Beefy":hcd1ai7z said:
sheep would NOT be easier to care for than goats. sheep are prone to a disease known as "dying". they get worms and die. they let anything that moves kill and eat them. sheep are dumb. goats are smart. goats will eat anything within reason, sheep are more selective. the goat market is going up up up. if you cant find any camels, get some goats. if you want some goats that act like sheep, get some fainting goats.

You know its funny you mention the price of goats going up.

Dropped off a steer to the butcher the other day and he was talking about a co-op forming and buying the place.
Apparently there are some Jewish people in the coop and this means they won't butcher any pigs anymore :( .

Anyhow as we were talking he mentioned they were planning on bringing in Boer goats...entire purpose of the co-op...to cater to the Muslim population.

Apparently there are several muslim holidays or traditions that involve killing and eating goats, and some people are willing to pay a premium to be able to come and kill the goat themselves and then have it butchered at the shop.
Of course I guess they have certain rules as to how the goats are raised and handled but they're willing t pay a premium for it.

Sounds like I might be getting some goats soon lol.

Here the market is the Mexican's and some extent the Asians.
If you were going to chase this trend you're about 5 years to late.

goats would do a number on the MFRs. and they a hardy little buggers. But if you paln to breed them, kiding time comes with a lot of waching, and sometimes a lot of work. but they are much easyer to keep then sheep. both milk and meat markets are going up. Bors are on top. I'm in on the midle of the market with Nigerian Dwarfs. they are a small dariy breed. if you just wanted 4 or 5 to eat the MFR, then you can buy some draiy wethers then sale, or keep as lawn mowers. out here they go for about $75-$100 each.

JP

Buy some Boer goats, they will get the job done! Plus when you sell them you will get more per pound than beef.

I know in Texas, you raise cattle for respect. You raise goats to make money, you just don't tell anybody! (evil grin)

Latest posts