Is it raining in Central Texas? Updated pictures on 4/29

Help Support CattleToday:

Got 5 1/2 to 6 inches around here yestiddy. No severe weather at all, not even the usual high winds. All the smaller tanks seem to be full, and the larger ones made a bunch of progress.

Just started raining again about 15 minutes ago. The radar looks a lot like it did yesterday, so we might be able to finish up the tank-filling today.

One lady over at Fayetteville reports 11" yesterday............

11 inches :shock: Trouble with rains like that is 10" of them run down the creeks. Everything we have gotten in the last year has been utilized, no runoff. It is raining off and on pretty good this morning and should finally put some water in the tanks. I went to Bryan yesterday afternoon, cropland middles in the bottom were standing full of water.

It rained an inch and 5/8 in my gauges down at the pasture yesterday.

The county extended the burn ban for another 90 days. Those brush piles have been ready to burn for 7 months now. The ban was lifted for 4 days a couple of weeks back and I had to work those days.

That is a pretty dramatic difference. When was the first pic taken? Your cattle don't look any the worse for the wear. We opened up a pasture that had not been used since last spring and the flerd has been there ever since. Gates open between them but they aren't giving up their newfound green.

Lammie, I'm not going to go into all the intricate details of what's wrong with your bull cause frankly I don't see any. I like him. Looks like he will be putting some awefully pretty calves on the ground shortly. He sorta resembles my AI techs too so I guess I'm particial. (Hope I didn't open a can of worms here ;-) )

Jogeephus":1yw6ok73 said:
Lammie, I'm not going to go into all the intricate details of what's wrong with your bull cause frankly I don't see any. I like him. Looks like he will be putting some awefully pretty calves on the ground shortly. He sorta resembles my AI techs too so I guess I'm particial. (Hope I didn't open a can of worms here ;-) )

????????????????????? Rough night ????????????????

That can was opened when I posted the picture. All you did was come by and kick it. :lol:

I had been wanting to switch bulls last year. Then the drought hit and I delayed the change. Didn't figure I needed to risk buying one and then end up having to sell out. When it started raining I decided it was time. I've had him a couple weeks and he is already working.

Lammie":pjv9wsrj said:
That is a pretty dramatic difference. When was the first pic taken? Your cattle don't look any the worse for the wear. We opened up a pasture that had not been used since last spring and the flerd has been there ever since. Gates open between them but they aren't giving up their newfound green.

The first pictures were taken in the middle of January. Right now it is hard to tell we are in or were in a drought. Lack of deep moisture would bring it back quick.