Is he big enough to wean??

Help Support CattleToday:

He looks kind of poor to me. I that you need to give him to me to nurse back into good health.
wink.gif

he is nice , the Harvest Olympus sure did put the milk there looks like , Those kind are hard to find these days . and yes I'd say it is safe to go ahead and wean him, maybe you will want to fence line wean him for a few days to be safe, LOL

Thanks folks he is still just a calf. He has a few more months to go before he gets the nod to be more than hamburger. The wife seems to think he might be good to eat.

I've said it back when you first posted the pair, she is a cow I'd like to have a bull out of and I think she has just proven me to be correct the first time around. That is what a bull prospect should look like at weaning and that is how his dam should have maintained herself in raising a bull prospect.

If he was mine I'd give him every opportunity to develop and hopefully become my next herdsire.

Thanks Knersie. In some ways he is not as good as her first one in other ways he is better. Better feet and eyes not quite as thick made. May be to dang docile.

Red Bull Breeder":2qlo1h3a said:
CED 5 BW3.5 CEM 5 Houston he weighed 86 lb at birth.

I know exactly nothing about Limo EPD's so i have to ask where does that put him against the breed avg.

He would not be considered a heifer bull by most. I like to see a 2 to 2.5 BW to really say he would be a heifer bull. Myself i would breed heifers to him CED and CEM are pretty much middle of the road for the breed.

Not bad numbers with all that Oly blood in him. I think most people that use Limousins would love their bulls to look like Oly, but just not have his cow killing qualities.... What i have seen of the Crockett cattle have been impressive, was sorry to see them go out of business so soon. Kemi limousin had a full sib to Apollo, and that was one fine looking cow.

Randy all i know is it is the pics of your cattle that always bring me back to looking at limi bulls, time and time again.

Houston Oly in the background helps alot with performance. Just don't need to be to close but not to far away either. Houston that calf can be traced back to Uranus, Laura's Accent, Bishop Annie. Colorado 150.
Thanks Lon, glad you like them.

Randy, looked the youngster up at Nalf. He is outstanding in his breeding. If I had a set of F1's, I would be coming to see you with my checkbook !

Oh i think he would be to bad high.Have to see what he looks like come spring. Wife still wants to eat him. So he needs to look pretty good.

Latest posts