Is he big enough to wean??

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder

Reaction score
Nov2012090.jpg

Nice calf! How old is he? I'm new on CT but seems like I remember you saying you raise limousin?

Yea i think he might be OK on his own. What was his 205 day weight. How about some better(butt) pictures. Mama too!

Like i said time got away from me. Pecker head is dang near 9 months old. Thats the little cow i posted last spring that you liked 3way. Just got busy with work and other things and never thought how old the dang calves were. Think he would have been better if we had not been so dry this year. Just a guessing i figure he weighs between 750 and 800. No creep.

Red Bull Breeder":21uhsbe6 said:
Like i said time got away from me. Pecker head is dang near 9 months old. Thats the little cow i posted last spring that you liked 3way. Just got busy with work and other things and never thought how old the dang calves were. Think he would have been better if we had not been so dry this year. Just a guessing i figure he weighs between 750 and 800. No creep.

:tiphat: and you know i mean it!

Thanks 3way. You would like him i think, can't take a picture of his hind end by myself. Dam fool will come and lick you like a dog. Have to get the wife to take the pic while he follows me around.

He's quite impressive.

Do you usually leave a calf on for 9 months? It obviously didn't drag the cow down, but do you have heifer calves the same age in the same pasture? With that kind of growth I'd be worrying about him breeding the heifers.

nice calf! I too, like mama as well..!! Is he a bull or steer? If not cut, I suspect you might have some of his offspring running around next year. I can think of worse things though...LOL

Red Bull Breeder":30l0ncn2 said:
Thanks 3way. You would like him i think, can't take a picture of his hind end by myself. Dam fool will come and lick you like a dog. Have to get the wife to take the pic while he follows me around.

Well you know how those dam crazy Limo's are! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Gator i am a thinking that he will make a nice little clean up bull next spring.
Mo_cows i think his momma done a good job. She kept herself up good and raised a decent calf in a dang dry year.

I think you should leave him on the cow for a while longer... If you don't want him on your cow I have a few that he can follow around.
We need a "buy it now" button on here. I could just click that and put a 3 in the quantity box and click send payment and be all set. How much extra would it cost to get them fed-exed to my zip code?
What's he bred like?

His daddy is CRKT apollo his mommy goes back to Harvest Olympus top and bottom. She has ever thing it takes to have been a great big cow. But she came out short legged and fat. Figure that one out for me. Cause i have not figured it out yet. Not that i have a problem with short legged fat cows.

Red Bull Breeder":3v3xx8pb said:
His daddy is CRKT apollo his mommy goes back to Harvest Olympus top and bottom. She has ever thing it takes to have been a great big cow. But she came out short legged and fat. Figure that one out for me. Cause i have not figured it out yet. Not that i have a problem with short legged fat cows.
You talking cows or women? I've seen quite a few that had really nice mamas but turned out short and fat.

Well since it has been so dry over there Red Bull.......I'll be over with my trailer tomorrow......I got plenty of water :)

Latest posts