Inline engine heater

Help Support CattleToday:

Jalopy

Reaction score
I put on a replacement inline (coolant) heater a year ago and it quit at the end of'last winter.Therefore I replaced it last Friday and plugged it in and it started heating so I left it overnight. Went out Saturday morning and it was cold. I know electricity was there as I had a trickle charge on the battery overnight and it was working okay. Any use a s on why they are quitting would be appreciated.

It is on a 674 IH loader tractor. Yes it was plugged in and started heating then quit after I left it for overnight.

It is 110volt. The coolant is totally filling the tank and coming out the top hose before I connect the hose and then turn on the electricity.

I'm not sure if that will work because the thermostat will stay closed, and you won't get any flow through it. (and the thermostat will never warm up without flow to begin with).
I have in IH 684, and I plumbed a block heater into some threaded ports on the side of the block.. I haven't ever needed to use it, but it did work when I tested it.

Angus Cowman":3tl5m0kq said:
I have had a couple of those inline units and I never had any luck with them
Go to the in block heaters and never had a problem
It seems the pumps go out and then it burns the heater out
Just my experience with them

I agree, I've put several block heaters in my Case backhoes over the years. They are not bad to install. Just drain little water knock out a freeze plug and stick it in it's place. B&G

Latest posts