Injured bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
We have had 2 angus bulls "ruin" themselves this summer. What kinda luck is that? Are we doing something wrong or is it just a streak of bad luck? We were wanting to change bulls, but not this way!

Ha you're lucky, I hauled my fourth one to the sale barn monday. Let's see....flank hernia, blown shoulder, zero on semen test and the last one was dyptheria.

He can't breed a cow. He broke it. All he is doing now is keeping the younger bulls away from the cows. He's off to the sale barn if we can get him up this weekend. It is so hot right now that it is hard to do anything with the cows.

Bad luck indeed... that's probably the ONE thing I've had happen to a bull... but then, the day isn't over yet.

From talking to others that have had that problem, I've heard that most likely it's because when the bull is penetrating the cow, another cow or bull knocks him off the cow. Another reason I won't have more than one bull.

yeah a bull that has a broken tool is no good.that could be caused by a cow pulling out from under him.or he couldve stepped on it.but the question is did you have 2 bulls running togather with the cows.

Latest posts