Banamine Transdermal for Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

How often is he getting banamine? I try to minimize use because I understand it can have some side effects to rumen function . . . maybe two or three days between treatments and discontinue as soon as possible. Usually do text consults with my vet before using.
The transdermal is supposed to be effective for 3 days. Right now he isn't limping, but does favor it a little when he's standing. The abscess is on the top of his heel. I don't want to overdo it, but I also want him to stay with the herd because he'll be easier to catch (and find!). That said, good chance of rain later today/tomorrow, so holding off for now.

Just a little update:

Willy's been on the back burner. Reverted to occasionally seeing him, not being able to find him and focusing on my husband's surgery. Abscess was still open; sometimes draining, sometimes caked with mud, so I couldn't tell. Hit him with the Transdermal on the rare occasion I'd see him (and it wasn't raining). Saw him yesterday, once again at the lake, but as luck would have it, the herd moved towards the central pasture this morning and I was finally able to catch him in the corral. It actually almost healed on its own with very little pus, but opened/cleaned it a little more & gave him Draxxin (because who wants to pump 6cc per 100 lbs of LA300 in a bull?).

Clearly, the ordeal didn't phase him and he's back to work. Done!!

P.S. the cow just made the cull list - 3rd time she's been bred (or not!!). Buh-bye!IMG_20210630_151835727.jpg

Latest posts