Injured bull report.....update

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I took my Gelbvieh bull in for a second opinion on his penis injury. A team of 3 vets were in the building where I took him. They performed a BSE and checked out his penis. The cut has healed nicely and everything seemed to work well. All 3 vets agreed that he should be good to go :banana: They extended his penis and looked at the scar tissue. The penis extended fine. In spite of the 3" long and 1/4" deep gash he recieved the scar tissue was such that it did not keep him from extending. They suggested that the best thing for him would be to use his penis and recommended putting him on 4 or 5 open cows. If open cows not available to bring him back in every 3 weeks and they would extend his penis manually. At the stage that the scar tissue is at now it has not hardened and set so the extending of the penis will keep the scar tissue from locking it down. Everything else was perfect. Semen morphology and motility was excellent. He passed the BSE :banana: I am so glad I gave him the extra chance.

Wonderful news!!! You never know if you can find a bull that will produce as well when you "have" to purchase a bull.

cowmilker":3qeatzpy said:
Congratulations. Very good decisions on your part. I wonder if that therapy advice would work with my wife?
First cowmilker you need to put a 3" long and 1/4" deep rip in your.....uh.....equipment :shock: ......and then spend a month in recovery. Maybe she will fall for it then but I am not sure it would be worth it unless you are married to Jessica Alba or Halle Berry or somebody similar ;-) :lol:

Thanks everybody for the congratulations. I am taking my "bull money" and looking for more registered Gelbvieh heifers :nod:

You were saying you wanted to collect him, right? Now's the time. That way you can get him extended a few times and see what his semen does after a few tries. Remember, just because he passes the test today doesn't mean that he can pass it again tommorrow and you're still dealing with an injured bull.
Glad he recovered for you. :D

cow pollinater":3dxza6er said:
You were saying you wanted to collect him, right? Now's the time. That way you can get him extended a few times and see what his semen does after a few tries. Remember, just because he passes the test today doesn't mean that he can pass it again tommorrow and you're still dealing with an injured bull.
Glad he recovered for you. :D

My thoughts exactly. I have sent an email to the closest collection facility seeing what I need to do to set it up.

Latest posts