Info on true mexican corrientie cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

bullman315

Reaction score
I want to buy true mexican corriente cattle from mexico and would like information on how to go about finding them. I have heard of some sale barns along the border in Texas and New Mexico and wondered if they ran any corriente cattle through any of them or if it is strictly feeder calves. I was also wondering if it is possible to find corriente cattle raisers in Mexico and just import them across the border. Thanks in advance.

Roger, your website is great, so is Twin Pines...I like that you've got a bit of history about your Longhorns (and beautiful stock you have, I might add). Enjoyed looking at both sites. The web designer may be the same, but you cannot tell that by looking at them (and I think that's a GOOD thing)....I've found with a lot of donkey websites that it's easy to tell who did them, they're all similar in style, just the names and pictures change.

Thanks Gale. I think she does a very good job and she's reasonable. I didn't know anything about putting a site together and a friend recommended her to me. I told her that I wanted something that kind of reflected my Native american ancestry and was sort of rustic. I put a short history of each of the main Longhorn families together to give anyone new to Longhorns a little bit of information on them.

You might want to contact North American Corriente Association, @ http://www.corrientecattle.org
I have been pretty happy with info & help provided,
the only question I haven't been able to find an answer
for is what the beef/meat is like when butchered.

nevada":14gov3wd said:
the only question I haven't been able to find an answer for is what the beef/meat is like when butchered.
i am betting on meat being average or below and not much of it. (not exactly a "beef" type in my opinion)

did i miss your reason for wanting this type?

There have been a few come through some sale barns. I do specifically remember seeing some in Mineral Wells a while back.

Is this a passion? I don't know why anyone would want them but apparently some do.

backhoeboogie":2lz98odb said:
There have been a few come through some sale barns. I do specifically remember seeing some in Mineral Wells a while back.

Is this a passion? I don't know why anyone would want them but apparently some do.

Aren't corrientes raised for rodeo stock?

Alice

nevada":248r7kqq said:
You might want to contact North American Corriente Association, @ http://www.corrientecattle.org
I have been pretty happy with info & help provided,
the only question I haven't been able to find an answer
for is what the beef/meat is like when butchered.

My brother-in-law and sister raise corriente cattle on their ranch in SW Idaho. According to them they are not good eaters at all. They raise for rodeos.

There are a few Corriente breeders in this part of Texas, strickly for the ropin' folks. They are not good to eat! Besides which, they are bu$$ ugly!

You generally have to buy "true" Corriente's from a breeder, and they are higher priced than you'd think! I don't think they "sour" as quickly as others when they're being roped.

Latest posts