Inflation

Help Support CattleToday:

He meant your going to have to shoot them before you eat them. I agree.
Natural resources would not last but weeks feeding the masses.
As I explained we are pretty isolated from the masses. We wouldn't have to eat them. Our post office serves 130 people. That is every man, woman, and child within a 15 or 20 mile radius. Those people probably own 4,000 head of cattle. Eating wont be an issue. There would most certainly be other problems to solve. But we wont starve.

As I explained we are pretty isolated from the masses. We wouldn't have to eat them. Our post office serves 130 people. That is every man, woman, and child within a 15 or 20 mile radius. Those people probably own 4,000 head of cattle. Eating wont be an issue. There would most certainly be other problems to solve. But we wont starve.
Good luck

Dave it won't take long for migration out of the cities.

Dave it won't take long for migration out of the cities.
True. But which runs out first groceries or gas? When the stores run out of food they will burn up what little gas there is running in circles. When that happens how far will they have the ability to go. How many of those urban dwellers would be able to walk 10-15-20 miles a day for a couple weeks or a month? How many calories does that kind of hike burn up? Some areas have a lot of urban people within a day or two walk. Those are the areas where people will have to fight to keep their food.

Apparently you have not seen this in reality. We saw it during the hurricanes. Basically with the slightest sign of dispress they flee the cities in mass. The first ones out or on the outer edges will get pretty far. The next ones sit in traffic for hours and then run as far as they can until they run out of gas and then they camp on the side of the road where ever they land. From there they become desperate and it gets bad.

They can get pretty far on a tank. The best thing I can say I have all your stuff out of sight from the road. No fancy entrances or signs. Even the dumbest of city people understand a farm or ranch is more equipped than they are and they will come to you.

During the hurricanes we had people walking up to houses and barns and places asking for fuel and help.

I'll never forget how it looked in Waco and how people were acting. My old Z71 had a 32g tank. I drove to college station to pick up my brother and then 3 hours south to get home. Not one gas station was open. Everyone was going north and west. They were bumper to bumper until they would run out of fuel then they just lined up along the road.

Last edited:
Oil just hit $100/barrel, so I'll be filling up today. I think I may buy another gas can as well and fill that bad boy up. We bought another gun the other day on the off chance they disappear somewhat soon.

In all honesty, I think Idaho will survive pretty well. We've got folks here that know what to do. I've got walking dinner outside. I'm not super secluded, but I'm not in town either. But I think the next few weeks may be the calm before the storm, and then things will get interesting. Putin is a wildman.

Robin eats well in tough times along with armadillo. Coon is real good barbecued as well .
Be hard to starve an east Texas boy out as long as he has a box trap and a 22. I thought a 22LR was a deer rifle until I was grown.
Had an old uncle would always say boy times is good when a rabbit would run across the road. He would say when I was a boy someone would been behind that rabbit.
Robins are protected under the migratory bird law, so it is illegal to kill them. You will have to stick to coon and rabbit since they are legal to kill.

Interesting. I would have thought it would fan out in the direction of prevailing wind.
That is the direction of the Long Term prevailing upper level wind for most of CONUS. It's the upper level winds that will spread the fallout from the mushroom cloud. (If the device is an airburst, there won't be near as much fallout.)

That is the direction of the Long Term prevailing upper level wind for most of CONUS. It's the upper level winds that will spread the fallout from the mushroom cloud. (If the device is an airburst, there won't be near as much fallout.)
The scary thing is that with this skirmish it has become a reality that we need to know this.

I obviously have no idea what is under a lot of those dots. But that one on the Washington / Oregon border is most likely wrong. The Seattle and lower Puget Sound is very likely a target. Boeing, the ship yards at Bremerton, Fort Lewis, and McCord AFB are all in that area. The spot they show is basically Portland. Not a military target. The other dot is is probably Hanford nucular reactors which is further north than that dot shows.

Apparently you have not seen this in reality. We saw it during the hurricanes. Basically with the slightest sign of dispress they flee the cities in mass. The first ones out or on the outer edges will get pretty far. The next ones sit in traffic for hours and then run as far as they can until they run out of gas and then they camp on the side of the road where ever they land. From there they become desperate and it gets bad.

They can get pretty far on a tank. The best thing I can say I have all your stuff out of sight from the road. No fancy entrances or signs. Even the dumbest of city people understand a farm or ranch is more equipped than they are and they will come to you.

During the hurricanes we had people walking up to houses and barns and places asking for fuel and help.

I'll never forget how it looked in Waco and how people were acting. My old Z71 had a 32g tank. I drove to college station to pick up my brother and then 3 hours south to get home. Not one gas station was open. Everyone was going north and west. They were bumper to bumper until they would run out of fuel then they just lined up along the road.
None of us have seen how this would play out in reality. Huge difference between a hurricane coming on shore that has been all over the news for 2 weeks and the economy collapsing with no food in the stores. In the case of a hurricane they are fleeing away from it. Pretty much one direction to go to get away from the hurricane. Which way do you go searching for food when you can go any direction on the compass? Yes you can go a ways on a full tank of gas. But before you light out to points unknown how much of that gas will be spent driving here and there searching for food. Remember there is no reason to flee like there is in a hurricane. You just have to find food. How many would jump on the freeway and drive 300+ miles to a county which only has 2 grocery stores? And an area where it is easily 30 or 40 miles between gas stations. I am sure that some would end up here but not the masses.

None of us have seen how this would play out in reality. Huge difference between a hurricane coming on shore that has been all over the news for 2 weeks and the economy collapsing with no food in the stores. In the case of a hurricane they are fleeing away from it. Pretty much one direction to go to get away from the hurricane. Which way do you go searching for food when you can go any direction on the compass? Yes you can go a ways on a full tank of gas. But before you light out to points unknown how much of that gas will be spent driving here and there searching for food. Remember there is no reason to flee like there is in a hurricane. You just have to find food. How many would jump on the freeway and drive 300+ miles to a county which only has 2 grocery stores? And an area where it is easily 30 or 40 miles between gas stations. I am sure that some would end up here but not the masses.
You don't eat robin . You don't eat people and you think folks aint going to head for the hills. .....I give you a week Dave....at least tell me your house isn't visible from the road.. 😉

I obviously have no idea what is under a lot of those dots. But that one on the Washington / Oregon border is most likely wrong. The Seattle and lower Puget Sound is very likely a target. Boeing, the ship yards at Bremerton, Fort Lewis, and McCord AFB are all in that area. The spot they show is basically Portland. Not a military target. The other dot is is probably Hanford nucular reactors which is further north than that dot shows.
Those 'spots' are not targets. They are wind indicators. They indicate which direction the upper level fallout from targets to the east of them may go.

Robins are protected under the migratory bird law, so it is illegal to kill them. You will have to stick to coon and rabbit since they are legal to kill.
Ain't nothing in the woods illegal when it comes to eatin including Ivory Bill Woodpecker.
First legal deer I killed was after dark.

Pretty much one direction to go to get away from the hurricane.
You can go in any direction except directly toward it. On the Texas coast, you can't take any route in the Eastern quadrant but you can travel due South, SSW, SW, West, WNW, NW, North and the farther North you get you can then turn NNE, NE or East and miss the storm.
If I were in Corpus with landfall predicted to be Corpus, I would go SW or WSW or even WNW but would avoid travel directly West or North unless I went West then SW.. Those 2 are where everyone else is going.