Inflation

Help Support CattleToday:

i've seriously thought about doing the same thing but my wife thinks i'm crazy.
one thing i've thought of is if hyper inflation kicks in like some say then wouldn't it be better to buy on credit then pay for it with inflated dollars.
according to some a 1000.00 will be worth 100.00 of today's dollars so you could pay it off with pocket change
crazy ???
That's the way the government pays off war debt and borrowed monies.

It makes difference if you own land gold or stocks are anything else that you think might have value. To realize the value of any of it you have to turn it into $$$$$$$$. The road tax fuel is the cost of maintaining the roads. The reason for the higher tax on diesel is because trucks do more damage to a road than a automobile. Compare fuel cost today to fuel in 2011 and also the price of cattle in 2011.

Hurley I'm not sure I'm understanding your meaning here. If you have tubes of double eagles, a few tubes of francs, other misc coins, it's like having cash in your pocket less the brokerage fees. Way better than paper money.

Hurley I'm not sure I'm understanding your meaning here. If you have tubes of double eagles, a few tubes of francs, other misc coins, it's like having cash in your pocket less the brokerage fees. Way better than paper money.
So are you going to a brokerage house to turn your valuable coins into $$$$ or more valuable coins. Is there a bank or ATM there to take your valuable coins in for $$$$. See my point there.

Actually neither Hurley. I've had them for well over a decade. If I'm choosing between gold coins and paper, I value coins. That said there are nickels in my bank account to allow me to pay at the pump. Lots of cash right now from firewood and chick sales. Shame is oak wilt took out many trees. I'd prefer to still have the trees, kind of like the coins.

The could sieze up bank accounts at any time. It's kind of hard for them to just flip a switch and confiscate your tangibles. Especially things locked away in safes.

Actually neither Hurley. I've had them for well over a decade. If I'm choosing between gold coins and paper, I value coins. That said there are nickels in my bank account to allow me to pay at the pump. Lots of cash right now from firewood and chick sales. Shame is oak wilt took out many trees. I'd prefer to still have the trees, kind of like the coins.

The could sieze up bank accounts at any time. It's kind of hard for them to just flip a switch and confiscate your tangibles. Especially things locked away in safes.
When they freeze bank accounts the only thing you'll have of value will be your skills.....

CB I expect they'll be passed on when I pass on.

Your shoes probably wouldn't fit me. But you chose them to suit you. Not me. I respect that. Good to butt heads with you again. You always had value here.

None of us in this conversation have all our eggs in just one basket. Your investment advice was good. I acted on it about 6 years back. That one has done okay.

Greybeard Jogee was a good one. Don't know what drove him away but it seems many good ones are long gone.

When they freeze bank accounts the only thing you'll have of value will be your skills.....
Things which you can barter will have value. Ammo, fuel, seeds, tools, along with precious metals. I really think that in this country food will be of the greatest value. With such a small percentage of the population having a clue on how to raise, preserve, and even cook food just how will the others feed themselves? If the economy truly collapses in this country there are going to be a lot of hungry people in a lot of trouble very quickly.

With such a small percentage of the population having a clue on how to raise, preserve, and even cook food just how will the others feed themselves?
Evidently, some people can't even cook a skillet of cornbread.........I know some that don't even own a skillet...
(I think they are probably members of the US commie party)

come and skillet.jpg

Last edited:
Evidently, some people can't even cook a skillet of cornbread.........I know some that don't even own a skillet...
(I think they are probably members of the US commie party)

View attachment 13756
I see pages on Facebook talking about living in the country vs living in the city. I am amazed at the number of people saying that there would have to be takeout.

I bought a 4 hole rabbit cage yesterday, going to get a buck and 2 does and raise meat rabbits. By my estimates that set up should yield 60-70 fryers a year to put in my freezer. If crap gets bad it will be an easy source of protein. It's something I've always talked about doing , the current state of the world indicates the time is now. We are also planning a larger garden this year. I have a nephew in law going to hook me up with a nuc of bees this spring so I can try my hand at that as well. There's no better place to invest your money right now than in self sufficiency.

Latest posts