Impossible Foods Cuts Faux Meat Prices By 20% At Grocery Stores

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
As production volume increases, prices will go down

Feb 2 (Reuters) - Impossible Foods said on Tuesday it would cut the prices of its faux meat patties by 20% at U.S. grocery stores as the plant-based protein maker ramps up production with a larger plan to eventually undercut ground beef prices.

Impossible Foods, the maker of the plant-based Impossible Burger, and rival Beyond Meat Inc have been the leaders in plant-based alternatives over the past two years as consumers, worried about their health, environmental impact and animal welfare, look to broaden or shift from chicken, pork and beef-based diets.

Demand for plant-based meat also rose during the pandemic after beef and pork producers shut many meat plants to curb the rapid spread of the coronavirus outbreak. California-based Impossible Foods, which has already cut prices for food distributors twice in one year, said it would keep lowering prices of their products.

I'm not knocking the original post, because I see and agree with the point. My other thought is, when you can't sell a product, you lower the price. Eventually the price will be too low for them to consider production.

I'm not knocking the original post, because I see and agree with the point. My other thought is, when you can't sell a product, you lower the price. Eventually the price will be too low for them to consider production.
There is a lot of competition in that market and it's not large enough to support it.

Kind of like the freezer beef. I see people selling meat way to cheap. They have to be really bad at math or just dumping it recoup some thing.

I have heard from several expert nutritionist that plant based meat products are amount the worst foods you can eat. but people keep buying it for some strange reason.
You can essentially starve to death with a full stomach.

For some reason the human body can't survive on just plants, it's almost like we aren't herbivores?
Strange...

I have heard from several expert nutritionist that plant based meat products are amount the worst foods you can eat,
but people keep buying it for some strange reason.
The reason is at point of purchase consumers see Vegan and equate vegan
with vegetables and view it as a healthy alternative.

IF consumers understood the manufacturing process of creating plant based meat products 94% would choose real meat products every time.
But they don't, so they don't.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding it. Are any of ya'll going to eat a year old meat?
Only way I would eat year old meat is if it were properly cured country hams or shoulders. I'm real particular about the cleanliness and proper preparedness of anything I eat. Thought I was was going to die after getting hold of some bad unpasteurized apple cider. Took several months of misery to get completely over that.

Only way I would eat year old meat is if it were properly cured country hams or shoulders. I'm real particular about the cleanliness and proper preparedness of anything I eat. Thought I was was going to die after getting hold of some bad unpasteurized apple cider. Took several months of misery to get completely over that.

This is strange... supposedly if you take Apple cider vinegar unpasteurized with the mother it has all this benefits. I did it for a while, I can't say I lost any weight or became an over night billionaire. 😉🤡 What I can say is after a while I craved that taste every morning. It was like a shot in the mornings. 🤣 Actually became this taste I looked forward to everyday. Sounds odd but it started tasting good. I did mine with 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Since I didn't become a multi billionaire over night from it now I'm taking the pills. 😝 Pills for any and everything. Bahahahaha. Actually suppose to be better for your teeth and they say the apple cider vinegar helps prevent cancer. Who really knows. Driving a Ford may prevent cancer for all I know. 🤡😎 (that's a joke 🤣)

This is strange... supposedly if you take Apple cider vinegar unpasteurized with the mother it has all this benefits. I did it for a while, I can't say I lost any weight or became an over night billionaire. 😉🤡 What I can say is after a while I craved that taste every morning. It was like a shot in the mornings. 🤣 Actually became this taste I looked forward to everyday. Sounds odd but it started tasting good. I did mine with 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Since I didn't become a multi billionaire over night from it now I'm taking the pills. 😝 Pills for any and everything. Bahahahaha. Actually suppose to be better for your teeth and they say the apple cider vinegar helps prevent cancer. Who really knows. Driving a Ford may prevent cancer for all I know. 🤡😎 (that's a joke 🤣)

I guess the vinegar is a preservative in itself where as juice or cider will go bad fairly fast. My wife keeps a bottle of that same vinegar. She mixes honey with it and heats it to drink. I don't like it plain but with the honey it ain't too bad. We ain't millionaires either, but we do drive Chevrolets. I always tell people I'm working on my second million cause I gave up on the first.😊

Latest posts