Imitation dirt farmers

Help Support CattleToday:

It was 52 here this morning on the banks of the Ohio River. I can not imagine living that far north.

My Tomato plants are not happy about these cold mornings.
We have not been above the 50's at night except for 2 nights, so far this spring. Usually in mid 60's at night at least. My tomatoes looked at me and said .... you want us to do what????

I really like your old white truck! I drive one just like that every day, except mine has a different paint job and significantly more rust.

I really like your old white truck! I drive one just like that every day, except mine has a different paint job and significantly more rust.
Belongs to an employee, it is in pretty good shape though.

That was quick!

Overnight Oats, must be a Northern variety...
Kind of back to the future…

Photo was taken last fall.
We cut once after an early, heavy snow knocked them flat. Three day window of weather to get them baled and wrapped and it never gave another window the rest of the fall. Planted late like we do we are done haying everything else when the oats are ready.
That year we got 238 fifty inch diameter x 5 foot bales from 29 acres. Was a record crop.

A question for those who might know…. We deal with frost year round but nitrates have never been an issue. Is it because the plants are accustomed to to weather and not stressed right at the end of growth?
IMG_3406.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts