New generation "farmers"

Help Support CattleToday:

Some guys I know have been to some informational meetings about growing cannabis. From what they say it's a huge $/acre investment, and has to be intensely managed. Not to mention all the red tape.
There are some neat you tube videos of the new JD cannabis combine harvesting in Germany. It looks like they crossed a combine with a self propelled forage harvester.

The only real way to keep them out is to own the neighborhood.
There's a couple hundred acres grown in my area, I saw one of those harvesters, it looks like it did a really poor job!

Biggest thing here is the smell, and a lot of people don't like it.. maybe if it's an acre or two grown here and there it's not too bad, but when you get 100's of acres, the smell is incredibly strong
WHen we had a north wind this fall I could smell it from 5 miles away.. it wasn't strong enough to really bother me, but I sure wouldn't want to be next door

Also, a second byproduct of this is that since they pay HUGE wages ($25/hr), if you're a local farmer who needs hay bales thrown or help with any other chores, you just can't get anyone to work, at any price

A$$hole Va gov is talking about legalizing the "potent stuff" now..... Just what we need, another bunch of lazy good for nothings smoking and being on the govt dole because they have "issues" and can't work....
Yeah, you're right @Nesikep , finding anyone to work at all is about impossible. I cannot physically throw the sq bales right now... need to get the knees replaced next. Ankle is doing absolutely great although it doesn't have the range of motion I want.... drs think it is better than most....But I am going to get the knees done as soon as they lift the newer restrictions now for no elective surgeries in this area....rehabs closing down again....
Life as we have known it is disappearing and with the election crap.... I just can't imagine what it will be like in my "golden years". Want to get the knees done before they decide that I am too old and not productive enough to warrant spending the medicare money on it.

A$$hole Va gov is talking about legalizing the "potent stuff" now..... Just what we need, another bunch of lazy good for nothings smoking and being on the govt dole because they have "issues" and can't work....
Yeah, you're right @Nesikep , finding anyone to work at all is about impossible. I cannot physically throw the sq bales right now... need to get the knees replaced next. Ankle is doing absolutely great although it doesn't have the range of motion I want.... drs think it is better than most....But I am going to get the knees done as soon as they lift the newer restrictions now for no elective surgeries in this area....rehabs closing down again....
Life as we have known it is disappearing and with the election crap.... I just can't imagine what it will be like in my "golden years". Want to get the knees done before they decide that I am too old and not productive enough to warrant spending the medicare money on it.
Yup no new knees for you. Govt decided it would be for the "greater good" that the resources be used some where else. "We all have to do our part". I'm sure you understand.

You need to get in better with your doctor.... maybe some fresh beef.... to get him to say 75%,,,,, It is a ridiculous bunch of BS to have to play the system. When I had the ankle done.... I asked the dr about the time in the hosp.... and that I wanted to go to a rehab since no one else at home.... and he made it work that I had to stay in the hosp for more than the 2 overnight rule crap..... I was not allowed to go with an "elective rehab" ahead of time.....so much BS..... and I didn't know him before the initial consult appt.... but I think he took a liking to me because I had told him about all the "alternative" remedies I had tried.... he also does stem cell therapy..... and that I was determined to get this done and get back to a normal life.....

So a bit of an update here.
Back in February, several agencies showed up and gave em all kinds of hell.
Apparently they ain't/weren't doing it correctly.
The buildings have been moved off site. Who knows where.
I finally got a chance to talk to the folks. One or 2 speaks pretty decent english.
Seem like nice enough people.

They wanted to know if I had a "scoop to turn over ground" for my lil 8n
Nope.
But I got a tiller!
They ran that ol front tine craftsman all day yesterday!!
Gonna plant some corn and other veggies I gather from what I could understand.
Hope it turns out for em...

So a bit of an update here.
Back in February, several agencies showed up and gave em all kinds of hell.
Apparently they ain't/weren't doing it correctly.
The buildings have been moved off site. Who knows where.
I finally got a chance to talk to the folks. One or 2 speaks pretty decent english.
Seem like nice enough people.

They wanted to know if I had a "scoop to turn over ground" for my lil 8n
Nope.
But I got a tiller!
They ran that ol front tine craftsman all day yesterday!!
Gonna plant some corn and other veggies I gather from what I could understand.
Hope it turns out for em...
Good for you to be a good neighbour. Even if you don't agree with all they do. It's good to be good neighbors.

So the pot farm is on hold. Oklahoma had a huge sweeping crackdown a while back. Lots of things need corrected before they can proceed.

Apparently they can grow a melon tho!
Gonna sample tonight...
The apple trees are really bearing fruit too.
They gonna have to harvest and go sit on the corner with a sign b4 long.
651614611.jpg

Latest posts