I'm Gone From Here

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid":2ukfhby9 said:
I've watched a lot of you newcomers hiss and spit like little kittens - and I've watched the ones that have the guts and desire to stick around, actually begin to respect Caustic. I know I do. Once the ground lines are in place and you pay attention to what he has to say instead of taking it all so personal - might not be a friendship or an amicable relationship, but it's not near so hostile as two tomcats meeting when you both post on the same thread.

I'll side with Caustic - all I see is a children packing up their red wagon and going home. I've never had any problem with the way Caustic says things because that's the way I want to hear it. I don't like people beating around the bush, I don't like flattery, and I don't like having to read between the lines to find the hidden message. I'd rather it all be told straight from the beginning. Not that I usually say it that way, but that's the way I like to hear it.

You don't argue about common-sense things like not feeding chicken litter and you'll get along fine. Stick with basic cow raising questions and you'll get along fine so long as it doesn't slip into debates about massaging calves, the ethics of floating downer cows, and how much a cow costs per year. Why bother with all the insults anyways? makes for some hilarious reading but that's about all.

Wanted to post cause I respect your opinion.
Let me first make it clear, Im not "packing my wagon" and going home. Sorry everyone but this is JUST a message board.
And when I came here I wanted to be able to ask questions and get answers. Look back over most of the posts.
From a few there is no answer just insults. They go to the point of starting their own thread to insult you. (example, the 19 year old that got torn up, by the same childish people that are ruining any adult conversations)

Sorry but in my opinion THAT is childish.

Anyway, Im leaving the board simply (and ONLY) because it just wastes more time sorting through those childish posts, so someone can inflate their ego, to get to the information.

Do others find something a waste of their time and then decide to continue doing it?

Actually I have seen just common sense argued over by certain ones.

As for relationship with caustic... first Im not look for a relationship with anyone, I was looking for information.
And when I don't think someone has a character I think shows to be honest and someone that is honorable I dont care how much knowledge they may have I dont want to associate with them (just like watching Bush Sr. being buddy buddy with Clinton tells me a lot more about Bush Sr. than when he is talking about honor and such).
It may not matter how nice you are "on the inside" (Errrgggg I hate that kind of talk) but when you have a mean, hateful outside it doesnt matter, besides it is also just impossible for that to even be (from the heart the mouth speaks).

Anyway (again), not running off (and certainly not because of caustic). Im leaving because of the reasons I said.

As for all this "their just blunt" once again their is blunt then there is just plain childish rude and egotistical behavior. I dont anyone (but maybe some libs.) that mind someone being blunt, what I do mind (again) is people wasting other people's time acting like a child that must be the center of attention.

Again thanks to those that have been helpful, I am learning a lot from my calico cow :lol:

Maybe see ya around

Mike

[/quote]
(example, the 19 year old that got torn up, by the same childish people that are ruining any adult conversations)

Sorry but in my opinion THAT is childish.
[/quote]

Couldnt agree more, come after the adults if you want to, but picking a fight with a kid. Well thats just low.

We talk about being man enough to put a bullet in a down cow. But many are not man enough to hold their tongue with a boy. There is a right way, an most here are old enough to have been on that road.

Like I said come after me, I am a big guy I can take it. lol
MD

Mike and redfornow,

Since I was part of the "kids" tearing up a 19 yr old boy, I'll jump in. My honest feeling, as a father of 4 19 to 26 yr old sons, is if a 19 yr old is wanting to take the challange of starting a farm/ranch it makes him a man. And he took the post much better than other men did. These boards are about opinions and conversation, I have said many times you need a thick skin to be here, some just don't learn that part of it.

As long as I have been on these board I have seen this cycle many times, someone comes on post a hundred or so post, gets mad and whines and goes home...so be it.

What is childish is saying you're leaving for the second or third time. Stay or leave it really doesn't matter, but if you stay it will help to grow a thick skin and have fun in cyber space.

Alan

Alan,

Dont worry about me running off, or quitting. lol I will dissappear at times (the job demands it) But I will always be back.

I dont agree with the way people (dont know if it was you or not) go after kids (teenagers) on this forum from time to time.
Its classless and low. You are very right the young man handled himself well. (further proof that the nonsense wasnt right) But thats not the point, when the size 13 shoe is applied as with your boys I would hope the person would not just be harsh but REALLY care about the outcome.
I know thats much to ask of a forum, but I am tired of people ripping our young people up, all for a one liner in most cases.
So call me an old Dad I can take it, I have been called worse.lol

MD

If anyone wants to get off the boards you don't have to have Macon take your name off the list. All you have to do is quit reading and posting. For the most of us, we will be forgotten in a
few days. No need to announce it to everyone.

By leaving your name listed others that you have made friends with can PM you and you can PM them. That is worth something.

So if you want out, just GO.

la4angus":2w2r7mt8 said:
If anyone wants to get off the boards you don't have to have Macon take your name off the list. All you have to do is quit reading and posting. For the most of us, we will be forgotten in a
few days. No need to announce it to everyone.

By leaving your name listed others that you have made friends with can PM you and you can PM them. That is worth something.

So if you want out, just GO.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

redfornow":xsd049qz said:
Alan,

Dont worry about me running off, or quitting. lol I will dissappear at times (the job demands it) But I will always be back.

I dont agree with the way people (dont know if it was you or not) go after kids (teenagers) on this forum from time to time.
Its classless and low. You are very right the young man handled himself well. (further proof that the nonsense wasnt right) But thats not the point, when the size 13 shoe is applied as with your boys I would hope the person would not just be harsh but REALLY care about the outcome.
I know thats much to ask of a forum, but I am tired of people ripping our young people up, all for a one liner in most cases.
So call me an old Dad I can take it, I have been called worse.lol

MD

You are correct that ripping someone for a one liner is out of line and I agree that it happens. Glad to hear you're sticking around. We all don't agree all the time but some will agree some of the time, ( tried to not sound like Lincoln). BTW the other post is still going on... I may not agree this time, but I like your input so hang in there Cypress.

Alan

Of course we will agree we are both hereford guys. lol
On that note I would use your bull, have a couple of heifers that will have to be AIed because my bull is a little to heavy.
Wish you were closer.

MD

Well, i'm digging the pit and filling it with water to make a good old mud/Texas clay pit and invite everyone that has a whine they would like to get off thier mind can come down and jump in and get thier frustrations out. A good Texas BBQ with seats right in front of the pit for a cheering section, you get the idea.
Oh, one of the rules is you have to fight in your underwear and the losers can't whine anymore.

Dick

icandoit":asdh7e3y said:
Well, i'm digging the pit and filling it with water to make a good old mud/Texas clay pit and invite everyone that has a whine they would like to get off thier mind can come down and jump in and get thier frustrations out. A good Texas BBQ with seats right in front of the pit for a cheering section, you get the idea.
Oh, one of the rules is you have to fight in your underwear and the losers can't whine anymore.

Dick

I would do that...

MD

Mike, when a person posts serious questions they'll get a serious answer. You asked about dehorning the other day, and I didn't see anyone making any -quote- childish posts. I don't believe I've ever had CB post anything other than total seriousness in response to one of my posts.

There's some thin skinned people on here that get offended over every little thing that's said - and a lot of the time it wasn't even addressed to them. Like my last sentence wasn't addressed to anyone in particular, FWIW. So far I haven't read anything addressed to me that made my hackles stand up, but then maybe I don't always recognize an insult when I see one. LOL. Maybe that's a good thing, too.

You're right that it's "just a forum" - so I also can't understand too well why anyone really cares what one or two forum members say. Shucks - if you really don't like the reputation you've made for yourself, just give it a month and log in under another name. LOL. I believe we all know a certain someone on the forum who's done that, maybe multiple someones. I also suspect there's several users here with alternate identities for asking questions - or for throwing insults when they don't want to use their main name. (And for the record - I only have one identity!)

What questions are there that aren't asked because someone is afraid of the response they'll get? Just a general question to anyone. I can't say as I've noticed any shortage of posts on the boards. Again, ask an honest question and don't argue over the answer -like in the case of a poor quality bull- and you aren't going to have trouble. And if a person avoids hobby farmer debates they'll save themselves a lot of time. A person can always ignore those posts; they do make for amusing reading on a slow day but there's no reason to add to it.

There's been some talk about "age" on here - for the record, I'm a lot younger than a lot of you. I don't want, need, or expect special favors because of that - and I don't believe any of the other "youngsters" on here should either. If I'm going to try to act like an adult I'd better be ready to be treated like one. There's kids in this world that want to talk like an adult and then hide behind their "but I'm just a kid" sign when they get called on it.

I don't recall if I saw the post with the 19 y/o that "got tore up" - but there's a few things that come to mind regardless of whether or not they fit the situation. If a person posts their plans for raising cows and it's lacking in common sense - better believe someone is going to set them straight on the double. And it isn't such a bad thing, either. If anyone comes on and starts throwing insults it doesn't matter if they're 12 or 70, they do and should get the same treatment. You want to run with the big dogs you'd better be prepared to be treated like a big dog.

When a person joins the board they earn their reputation. Doesn't matter much if they're a little tyke or someone who's been doing it for years. You build your reputation and you get treated according to what you say and how you act - and react. Don't like how you're treated you have only yourself to blame - and again I'm not talking to anyone in particular.

Cal- the last post you made left me with only one question. For someone with the background you have and the things you've been through, why on earth would you even let it bother you what a handful of nearly-nameless people on the internet have to say??

And then I certainly agree with Lloyd - if a person wants out, just go. Chances are 90% of the folks on here won't be significantly missed. There's plenty of folks that I don't see as much of now as I used to - how many of you notice Medic is gone? and where's Bez? People come and go and we don't need a 4 page thread of explanations for WHY a person decided to up and leave. Just go and don't bother with the details.

Milkmaid; you're one of a kind. If this world had more like you, we would be much better off.
Great Post. I tried to, but couldn't say it near as good much less better.

Milkmaid,

You never cease to amaze me. I know your age and you have said it much better than folks four times your age. Your the youngest "old sage" I know. ;-)

well said milkmaid.

sorry you are leaving Cal I have enjoyed your posts, and you do talk a lot of sence, I can see why, sometimes and I often skip a post or don't bother reading the long ones after a few lines, as I can see the childlikeness in them.

Good luck in all you do and take care. :heart: to you.

Woah it looks like I kinda opened pandoras box. the people who "tore me up" really didn't bother me, if anyone knew me they would know im really laid back and can handle myself. This is just a message board, but this is how life is too. Some people who want to help, some who don't want to, and some who just think that their opinion is the only one that counts. None of this should really be a big deal, just people talking at computer. My guess is that prolly most of the people would be a little more polite if they were face to face, its easy to get worked up when your are typing. Mostly i wanted tell everyone i didnt mean to get everyone fired up and at ends. Ill be busy for a while but i hope yall can all kiss and make up.

MikeJoel":e9xy5ao0 said:
As for "my hobby" think again caustic and others. This is not a hobby (and get over it Im not a cattleman, Im a farmer. You know someone who can do more than just one thing at a time ;-) )

With a statement like that I and a lot of others will be glad to see you go! :cboy:

Sorry to see you pack up and go Calman but you do what you feel is best.

dbc":277hu5up said:
Woah it looks like I kinda opened pandoras box. the people who "tore me up" really didn't bother me, if anyone knew me they would know im really laid back and can handle myself. This is just a message board, but this is how life is too. Some people who want to help, some who don't want to, and some who just think that their opinion is the only one that counts. None of this should really be a big deal, just people talking at computer. My guess is that prolly most of the people would be a little more polite if they were face to face, its easy to get worked up when your are typing. Mostly i wanted tell everyone i didnt mean to get everyone fired up and at ends. Ill be busy for a while but i hope yall can all kiss and make up.

Keep getting emails telling me posts have been made so decided to check to see how pitiful it had gotten and saw your post.

This has only a little to do with you really. People (yes others have PMed me) feel that the hadful on here are ruining it for others. What was done to your post and what is actually just a constant ego trip by others (really reminds me of grade school in which those that have the ego try to beat others into submission and those that want to be "in" take the beating and dont fight back so they will be accepted).

That is why I have left.

SRR would you give it up. I am sure you can find some work to do.
Again you sure sound like a lib in conservative clothing. Always so interested in telling others what and how to do something while it appears you dont even live in the USA (you admit you left to live in Canada. LOL so your REAL patriotic. If you can leave Texas to go to Canada cant you leave Canada to live in Texas instead of telling everyone WHO LIVES IN AMERICA how to do so? LOL
But then now I am wasting my time.

(Yes I have found that little link at the bottom that lets me unsubscribe so I wont get those emails).

Mike

PS. If you got something to say you probably better PM me since that is the only notices I will get.

Latest posts