I'm Gone From Here

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeJoel":3vr993vb said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":3vr993vb said:
If you truly think this board is useless then perhaps you yourself should leave. As stated before Im trying to help people make money on here. If they have crap we need to let em know so that they can make changes for the betterment of their herd.

Uhhh? You dont catch on fast. That is what Im saying.

Caustic Burno":3vr993vb said:
Cal has chose to be the victim.

Your many words are only out done by your growing ego.

Caustic when you going to learn that you aren't that important.
What you say doesn't make facts.

I guess Im a loser to cause I dont see any reason to stick around either.

See caustic, you think others are losers cause instead of trying to get past your childishness they decide to just leave. I think a loser is someone who cant control their mouth and succeeds in making an entire forum a useless area.

Kind of reminds me of that kid everyone has in their class. The one that HAS to be the center of everything and only succeeds in preventing anything usefull from getting done.

See ya'll later

Mikey your post are from a victims standpoint in life everyone is always picking on me.
Take a stand and be a man choose to be responsible for your thoughts, actions and decisions and not everyone one is being mean to me.

I know the the thought process might be a little tough to grasp at first from some one from the instant gratification generation. Try it on you might feel better when look at the world through eyes that takes responsibility versus the victim.

Caustic Burno":2xb4obo6 said:
Mikey your post are from a victims standpoint in life everyone is always picking on me.
Take a stand and be a man choose to be responsible for your thoughts, actions and decisions and not everyone one is being mean to me.

I know the the thought process might be a little tough to grasp at first form some one from the instant gratification generation. Try it on you might feel better when look at the world through eyes that takes responsibility versus the victim.

:D Caught me just before I left.

Hmmm. Interesting.
"Always pick on me"? "victim"?

Caustic, once again... Get over it. You DONT know me, you DONT know my posts (obviously), you DONT know what I have been doing.

I have to admit when I first came here you upset me, now I just laugh. It is amazing to see someone who is so always right, no matter how wrong they are.

My generation (LOL, yeah I guess Im close to those other "kids", being 30).

I may be "young" (though I doubt few would call me that anymore) but I do know that someone who thinks their right all the time is usually wrong most of the time.

Keep it up caustic, keep being you. Afterall the earth has survived you so far so I guess it can continue.

Bye Caustic. You sure spend a lot of time in here for someone who claimes to be such a BIG cattleman.

I might drop in now and then to ask CERTAIN people.

Bye

(Thanks to those who actually did have usefull information)

Mike

MikeJoel":ldeqe4vo said:
Caustic Burno":ldeqe4vo said:

I know the the thought process might be a little tough to grasp at first form some one from the instant gratification generation. Try it on you might feel better when look at the world through eyes that takes responsibility versus the victim.

:D Caught me just before I left.

Hmmm. Interesting.
"Always pick on me"? "victim"?

Caustic, once again... Get over it. You DONT know me, you DONT know my posts (obviously), you DONT know what I have been doing.

I have to admit when I first came here you upset me, now I just laugh. It is amazing to see someone who is so always right, no matter how wrong they are.

My generation (LOL, yeah I guess Im close to those other "kids", being 30).

I may be "young" (though I doubt few would call me that anymore) but I do know that someone who thinks their right all the time is usually wrong most of the time.

Keep it up caustic, keep being you. Afterall the earth has survived you so far so I guess it can continue.

Bye Caustic. You sure spend a lot of time in here for someone who claimes to be such a BIG cattleman.

I might drop in now and then to ask CERTAIN people.

Bye

(Thanks to those who actually did have usefull information)

Mike

Mikey got to go and finish putting pick-up teeth in the bailer,
see you tomorrow remember to bring your marbles so we can play.

Caustic Burno":3mbdhiyt said:
see you tomorrow remember to bring your marbles so we can play.

:lol: :lol:

If ya'll think ol Caustic is so good at running people off, maybe we need to put him down on the border for some immigration control. ;-)

Caustic Burno":36np68i6 said:

As I was reading the above, I felt a strange urge to belt out an Elton John song......

Caustic Burno":36np68i6 said:
I know the the thought process might be a little tough to grasp at first from some one from the instant gratification generation. Try it on you might feel better when look at the world through eyes that takes responsibility versus the victim.

.....ahhh, but you came through for us..

Nice work. :D :lol:

I will try to give a break to the new guys in this way of life. But the facts are this is a hard life some good times and a lot of hard times. so you need to grow a thick skin or all yall not going to make it.

No I did not learn cattle ranching from a book or a website. but from my dad and grandpa. both shown me ranching by hard work and a size 13 boot to my backside when I did it wrong. COWBOY UP and sometime yall have a ranch to hand over to your kids- that is the reward here boys. and Girls.

Caustic is just giving y'all the size 13 via the web. trust me the real boot hurts more :)

I totally agree with Caustic. We dont need the whiners on here." Oh, please dont offend me " Its called contstructive criticism. Get over it. Too bad I cant spend as much time on these boards as some, or I might just be the topic of a thread. I do have a thing or two I'd like to start a topic on myself.

I know I shouldn't have bothered but I checked to see if caustic had anything more to say.... and just had to make one last reply (yes another last).

"Run people off"? I dont think so. Once again you show that you dont even pay attention to what is posted in your hurry to bash. I had pretty much decided to get off this board before caustic started posting.

As for "my hobby" think again caustic and others. This is not a hobby (and get over it Im not a cattleman, Im a farmer. You know someone who can do more than just one thing at a time ;-) )

Caustic I would have love to have you out here last year. I bet you wouldn't have lasted a week.

No one is running me off. Dont let your ego get ahead of your mouth again. Im out of here because for the people who have no information that they ever share (as far as Ive seen) ruin any usefulness of this board. As mentioned by another poster there are certain ones on here that are excellent but the ones that just waist people's time like caustic and SRR and such just run the place down.

So I will privately contact certain ones if I need help but otherwise got a lot I can do besides have to sift through a bunch of posts from people who never contribute information (and bash people while quoting Bible verses) to get to the posts from the useful ones.

By all.

MilkMaid, born2run, beefy, and the others. If you dont mind when I have a question Ill just PM you since it will cut out all the sifting.

whatabull":3fm4sng8 said:
I will try to give a break to the new guys in this way of life. But the facts are this is a hard life some good times and a lot of hard times. so you need to grow a thick skin or all yall not going to make it.

No I did not learn cattle ranching from a book or a website. but from my dad and grandpa. both shown me ranching by hard work and a size 13 boot to my backside when I did it wrong. COWBOY UP and sometime yall have a ranch to hand over to your kids- that is the reward here boys. and Girls.

Caustic is just giving y'all the size 13 via the web. trust me the real boot hurts more :)

This is a very good post. I came up pretty much the same way. Raising cattle is not something that is learned in books or over the internet. If you do everthing exactly like the books you will wind up with $2500 in a $900 dollar cow. Caustic actually is giving you several years of experience in his postings. Heeding "most" of his advice will save you several years off the school of hard knocks. Raising cattle is a tough business. If your new or in it only as a hobby is one thing but trying to make them pay for themselves is a differant matter. To make money you will have to tighten a lot of strings. Caustic has a very good knowledge base on which strings you have to tighten.

On here I usually just read, laugh at the foolish arguments, take in some useful info once in a while, Look at some good and some bad stock. Generally evaluate how I'm doing.

But in this case I'll stick my two cents in and probably make some mad.

There's lots of truths being said on both sides of this. Too many wear their feelings on their sleeves. It is a harsh business and it's tough to survive the long haul. Some need to wake up to that fact.

It's also easy to forget manners when your not looking someone in the eye. I've got to wonder how long people would keep a full set of teeth talking to others in real life the way they do on here. Seen it posted MANY times, if they think it's tough here, the folks at the sale barn will be tougher on them.
For the most part, folks at the barn are polite, never seen one shout out, who brought in that POS. You do get the idea that's what they are thinking from the bidding.

So for my part, I think once I see one of the arguing or whining posts, I'll just ignore it. Go back to reading something more useful. Something I enjoy more, posts about cattle.

there's a fine line between giving advice...and being an a$$hole...there's a few people thats straddling that line...some people give good advice, but always with some smarta$$ comment afterwards...the advice is good enough without the extra comments

Seems to me no one gets run off. They actually choose to leave.

For Cal, I truly don't think that he couldn't take the heat and got out of the kitchen, I think he just decided to go elsewhere. Maybe he will find a better place, maybe he won't. I wish him the best.

I truly don't think anyone wants to be told they are managing cattle correctly, when they truly aren't. Subtle hints?

Great posts Bama and whatabull.

FWIW - I haven't ever butted heads with Caustic, so to speak. I try not to fight battles I know I can't win. And I can't win a war of insults against Caustic. :lol: ;-)

I've watched a lot of you newcomers hiss and spit like little kittens - and I've watched the ones that have the guts and desire to stick around, actually begin to respect Caustic. I know I do. Once the ground lines are in place and you pay attention to what he has to say instead of taking it all so personal - might not be a friendship or an amicable relationship, but it's not near so hostile as two tomcats meeting when you both post on the same thread.

I've seen this on other boards before, now I see it on this one, I'll see it again on the next board. Lot of adults acting like little kids complaining to Mommy that so-and-so called them names.

I'll side with Caustic - all I see is a children packing up their red wagon and going home. I've never had any problem with the way Caustic says things because that's the way I want to hear it. I don't like people beating around the bush, I don't like flattery, and I don't like having to read between the lines to find the hidden message. I'd rather it all be told straight from the beginning. Not that I usually say it that way, but that's the way I like to hear it.

I've seen a lot of this on other boards - the "I don't like the way *certain people* have been treating me, so I'm leaving" -- and the inevitable "Wait! Don't let *those people* run you off, you're an asset to the boards, we like your posts, etc, etc, etc."

Usually it was the women that posted that sort of stuff (no offense intended to others of my gender!) and I usually passed it off as an play for attention and begging for a compliment. I have an opinion about people that do that and it can't be portrayed with any of the smiley face emoticions.

To MikeJoel, since you asked- I don't mind people sending me PMs and you and anyone else is welcome to do that (well, with the exception of PrincessFatu and the Nigerian scams or anything off-color!). Provided I know the answer to a question, I'll answer anyone - including TTCLM - I'm not hung up over little things like not liking someone and being unable to answer their questions.

As far as that goes - where are all these people that are "afraid to post because of what kind of response they're going to get"? You stick with normal cow questions pertaining to raising cows and dealing with their problems and provided you don't mention chicken litter, not castrating, dehorning or vaccinating, no one will ever pay you a second thought. (LOL)

Plenty of folks that post pictures of bulls - it's only the ones that insist their hatchet butt is the best thing to ever walk the earth that hear from Caustic. All the others are gone from memory as soon as the post leaves the first page.

You don't argue about common-sense things like not feeding chicken litter and you'll get along fine. Stick with basic cow raising questions and you'll get along fine so long as it doesn't slip into debates about massaging calves, the ethics of floating downer cows, and how much a cow costs per year. Why bother with all the insults anyways? makes for some hilarious reading but that's about all.

Little longer than I intended it to be, but there's my take on the matter. Back to cows. ;-)

Things get exciting when I am out playing with the pigs. I know the premise behind that there is no stupid questions and agree.

But in reality there really is some stupid questions. If you have a sick cow and it has been down for a few days and you have not called the vet but come on here to ask questions on what it could be or what to do, them might be stupid questions! Because no one should be raising cattle that does not have a basic understanding of how to care for them, Grass, Water, Mineral and Vet when sick.

But the good thing is we all have asked stupid questions in our life and all been embarrassed when it was pointed out to us. But that is how we grow. So I say do not let a couple tough remarks scare you away. If they come from total idiots then ignore them, if they come from obvious cattle men, then glean what you can and move on.

I will have to admit that I have not always agreed with things said here, but I do respect everyone on the boards. I know that if I say somethng off base, someone will come around and bring me back to reality. I have gotten some really good info on these boards and I have benefitted from the expertise of everyone. Plus, I have had some laughs, and that's great. I have also had my time of being thin skinned. But I come back again and again because I know that I can learn a lot reading these posts.

And I do respect the hard-liners because they have been there. So I will ignore the occasional harsh remark, I suspect that it is done half the time just to get a reaction anyway. And it does.

That is what is great about living in this part of the world. You can say what you want to say. You can't say that about some other countries or regions of the planet. Along with the freedom to post is the freedom to respond or not. If you take on someone like CB (and I don't mean to aim any comments toward him, he's just the first one to come to mind), you are going to be on the losing end. He just knows too much and he will express himself. I respect that.

I am a new-comer, and I will keep coming back. I learn something every day.

I am new to all this, and would be classified as a hobby farmer right now. But I want to learn, and even though I may keep a "calf in the house" when I need to :D I have found that when I need help I can always find it on here. I don't take anything personally, I mean it's not like I have to live with these people. I think if you don't like the advise or what ever your getting from here, SIGN OFF :shock: I mean that's what the power button is for. IMO this board is a wealth of information, learn what you can and leave the rest, there is no need to whine, or be an a## to anyone, and no one is making anyone sign on here everyday to take abuse as you call it.

backhoeboogie":jpchark9 said:
Seems to me no one gets run off. They actually choose to leave.

For Cal, I truly don't think that he couldn't take the heat and got out of the kitchen, I think he just decided to go elsewhere. Maybe he will find a better place, maybe he won't. I wish him the best.

I truly don't think anyone wants to be told they are managing cattle correctly, when they truly aren't. Subtle hints?

Backhoeboogie, you hit the nail on the head.
aint too many times i've been run off from anywhere.
And as far as the statement, being a victim, a victim of what?
I've just decieded it aint worth my time reading all this bull some of ya try to dish out.
Trying to make you're a cowboy riding through hell and brimstone with both sixshooters blazing. actually it's funny to read some of the posts where you try to leave this impression and others think you are their hero.

Not saying i'm so mean and tough, but i am a survivor.
Born and raised in the missouri ozarks trying to make a living out of farming the rocky hillsides.
Joined the army at 17yr old so I could send my mom and dad some money to help with the farm.

Became a man overnight in nam. Spent 7 yrs in the special forces 28 months of it combat. Came home with 2 purple hearts,1 bronze star and my own country against me.
Until you have been in a position where you knew you were going to die or even thought you were dying,and you learn to abbreviate the lords prayer cause you don't think you have time to say it all, or you've held your best friend in your arms while he breathed his last breath, don't even go there with this nonsense of being a quiter,no back up,or victim.
It never once got in my mind to run to canada to keep from fighting for a country I dearly love.

The whole thing boils down to like I said I've had enough negetive things in my life and I just don't need to be coming on here to read more.
It's a sad thing when a young man can't come on here and ask how to improve his farm without some ol blazing saddle cowboy cutting him down.
I will say there is a world of good info here and some wonderfull people who know how to answer the questions without being an a$$hole. But then ther's the others.
And by not wanting to read the bull on here by no way means i'm quittin the cattle buisness, just means I can find a better way to get info. This sure aint the only place in the world to learn how to raise cattle.

To those who have helped me in this I really appreciat it. I also thank you who have pm'd me.

It's just that its not worth my time to be reading all this negitive bull.

Many thanks to you who have helped, and I hope nothing but good comes to you.

Cal

Latest posts