I'm Gone From Here

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I have emailed M Gravlee to take my name off this Cattle Forum.
I have a good friend who has been in the cattle buis. for 40 yrs and and always has the time to stop what he's doing and answer a question for me. And he will do it without a hateful or smarta$$ remark. And to me he says that no quedtion is a dumb question when you are trying to learn the buisness.
I am very fortunate to have a friend like this. However there are some who are starting the buis. and come on here to get help. For the most part there are people on here with a lot of knowledge on raising cattle and will help all they can.
Then ther's the other few that may know the buisness, but wouldn't give you an answer without making some rude remark,
cut you down or make you feel stupid even to name calling.

To make a long story short I really don't need all the crap some of you dish out here. I don't have to name any names everybody knows who you are.
I feel that I have made a lot of friends here, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I don't need to read the negative bullsh## here. I have enough of that without coming here to get more.

It's really sad that a man can't ask a question without that select few being hatefull to him.

So the only way to stop reading the stupidity of the very few on here is to just quit coming on here.

Good luck to all

Cal

Good luck to you Cal. I'll miss your posts. Even tho I sometimes disagree with your stance on given issues, I respect your opinion.

sorry to lose another member due to a few jerks!! they know who they are and it probabally makes them feel better to belittle anyone and everyone,
it is obvious there are a few with egos bigger than their brain
and this forum only increases their ability to feed that ego. and that is sad what used to be a good board is slowly going down hill ruined by a few

Calman think it over. This is a GREAT SITE. I know there are a few here that talk down to you every chance they get. Its pretty obvious who they are and that they don't know as much about cattle as they put on. But enough about those people lets remember the ones here that really help when you need it. Just some names that come to my mind right now is dun, milkmaid, bigbull, beefy, Texan and bama. Thats just a few who are very helpful on this board, not to mention many many others. Just the ones that popped in my head outnumber the few that ruin it.
I hope you reconsider because the way I see it having your friend as a mentor is great but having all the help you can get in whatever you do is always better. If you decide to stay just ignore those that belittle you..... or.. maybe everyone should start calling them out??? ;-) It would definitely help the site if we sprayed the weeds and let the grass grow. :idea: Or maybe not?

Sorry Cal.
Seems that a few bad apples always can spoil just about anything.

I do find it iteresting how much time such "hard working" farmers have to do nothing but start trouble.

Im pretty much just using the board if I have a question (there is no way to use it for entertainment when some think fun entertainment is arguing). So just looking at my own posts. Hate the fact that as I learn something this will prevent me from sharing but it is better that arguing.

Mike

Cal,
I've always been a reader of your posts, and really enjoy them.I feel you are owed a great deal of respect, and have a good idea of what kind of feller you are. Stay put, sink your Spurs in, and ignore the pot holes. We need folks like you here.

Hey Cal

I got an idea, lets keep you and get rid of the ones that are causing the problems.

You know who you are.

Dub

Hey Cal! Stick around a while longer!!

On any board one has to "sort the wheat from the chaf"... some posters get their jollies by knocking others and/or responding with smarta$$ remarks. This is "life"...and life isn't fair...lol.

Get to know who the "real" helpful people are (even if sometimes they are very candid in their responses or opinions). Some people just cut direct to the "core" and tell it as they see it. No real "tact" or "touchy-feely" conversation...

After all... don't take stuff personally... consider "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

;-)

Running Arrow Bill":1selsgc7 said:
Hey Cal! Stick around a while longer!!

On any board one has to "sort the wheat from the chaf"... some posters get their jollies by knocking others and/or responding with smarta$$ remarks. This is "life"...and life isn't fair...lol.

Get to know who the "real" helpful people are (even if sometimes they are very candid in their responses or opinions). Some people just cut direct to the "core" and tell it as they see it. No real "tact" or "touchy-feely" conversation...

Dont think Cal isnt talking about people cutting to the core. Some people (I got a neighbour who is like that) say they are just blunt people that use few words... actually their just rude people who think they know way more than they do.

After all... don't take stuff personally...

How do you not take something personal when you are attacked? When people completely ignore your post cause there in to big a hurry to put down your ideas or you it IS personal.

consider "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

;-)

Never quite understood that saying since words have started wars that did a lot more hurt than sticks and stones :)

Dont people come on this board for only two reasons?
#1 to get help with question and to help other.
#2 to relax and have some entertainment.

Well when a board become useful for neither purpose.....

Mike

Ah, hang in there Calman. There are as many personalities here as Crowder has. Each one has their own opinion. If you hang around long enough you will find the ones who will express it without looking down their noses. Ignore the others.

You can get on a horse from either side regardless of what is supposed to be the proper side.

Never take any advice from me. I am just a hobby farmer with a rocking bull for a herd bull. :lol:

Cal reconsider. We can't cancel life just because there is evil. You have a light, let it shine!

J":20w9ouxu said:
Just some names that come to my mind right now is dun, milkmaid, bigbull, beefy, Texan and bama.

Hey Cal, if it makes you feel any better, I've been lambasted by at least three of the more level headed members listed above -- and I'm STILL not going anywhere! :shock: :D

Then again, I have a tendency to wear other people's disdain like a party hat, so maybe I'm not the best judge... :lol:

The bottom line is that the more people who quit this place because a few crusty old farts like Causic (that's right... I'm naming names... SO?) push them around, the less people there are to push back.. When you don't have checks and balances, you wind up with a bad case of groupthink.. Uncovering new and different ideas is suddenly discouraged, and pretty soon the whole system goes in the toilet.

Personally, I don't care how many people I have to piss off to keep that from happening. :)

cmjust0":1az5ap1i said:
J":1az5ap1i said:
Just some names that come to my mind right now is dun, milkmaid, bigbull, beefy, Texan and bama.

Hey Cal, if it makes you feel any better, I've been lambasted by at least three of the more level headed members listed above -- and I'm STILL not going anywhere! :shock: :D

Then again, I have a tendency to wear other people's disdain like a party hat, so maybe I'm not the best judge... :lol:

The bottom line is that the more people who quit this place because a few crusty old farts like Causic (that's right... I'm naming names... SO?) push them around, the less people there are to push back.. When you don't have checks and balances, you wind up with a bad case of groupthink.. Uncovering new and different ideas is suddenly discouraged, and pretty soon the whole system goes in the toilet.

Personally, I don't care how many people I have to be nice off to keep that from happening. :)

Well son this is a tough business for tough people not whiners.
A three leged one eyed monkey could make money in the cow business right now. It is not going to stay this way .
See I haven't had any words with Cal so leave my name out of it. If I mix it with you I will not cry like some snot nosed kid when people don't agree with me. Your expertise continues to be amazing for a 27 year old kid coming on here with a ten acre farm. Everyone has to start somewhere but you want everyone to believe you are the next Shanghi Pierce.
Have enough balls to come at me like a man not some sneaky scared kid from the back.

"a 27 year old kid coming on here with a ten acre farm."

I truely hope this comment wasn't intended for me. I am a 27 year old "kid" as you put it, with a ten acre farm, so at this point the shoe kind of fits, so if it was for me then I would like for old caustic or ANYONE else on this board to show me where I have ever shown expertise, talked down to or about someone. Mr burno you need to turn it down a notch. I have never been cross with you although I've had to bite my lip on many occasions. Get a grip, I agree the business is pretty good right now and it won't always be this way but why not put some of your "expertise" to work and help little snot nose kids out? I have many memories of old men, those that were just plain gripey and those that spoke their mind but made the point and I learned alot more from the later, althought I learned from the grumpy A$$ old men how not to act.

Dear Cal,
Sorry to see you go. You cant let certain people rub you the wrong way just ignore them or fire back. People like Caustic probably respect you more for disagreeing than for running away.
Signed,

Three Legged One Eyed Monkey :lol:

I feel basically like Cal does.

If this forum was supposed to be useful it is failing because a lot of people wont ask questions they want to because of the way they get treated. So that makes this a useless board.

Caustic Burno":42sky70m said:
A three leged one eyed monkey could make money in the cow business right now. It is not going to stay this way .
See I haven't had any words with Cal so leave my name out of it. If I mix it with you I will not cry like some snot nosed kid when people don't agree with me. Your expertise continues to be amazing for a 27 year old kid coming on here with a ten acre farm. Everyone has to start somewhere but you want everyone to believe you are the next Shanghi Pierce.
Have enough balls to come at me like a man not some sneaky scared kid from the back.

Caustic you are kidding right? Isn't that the EXACT same phrase I have seen you getting after a certain other person on here for doing?
This aint a John Wayne movie, you realize that?

A lot of OTHER people's knowledge on things would amaze a lot of people, if they weren't so busy admiring themselves to see it.

I know, I know, what does the calico cowboy know? That was another of your USEFUL inputs.

Caustic Burno":2g8a5o8e said:

Son?

Man, that explains a lot! No wonder so many people here think I'm a jerk. :lol:

See I haven't had any words with Cal so leave my name out of it.

Oh, well, my mistake...

I have a strong suspicion I'm not the only one who made it, though.. :shock:

If I mix it with you I will not cry like some snot nosed kid when people don't agree with me.

Oh, of course not.. You're well known around here for taking disagreement in stride..

:lol:

Your expertise continues to be amazing for a 27 year old kid coming on here with a ten acre farm.

What can I say, Caustic? I'm honored.. Not for being an expert on anything, but for the fact that I'm clearly sticking to the roof of your brain..

Granted, you got the details wrong (I'm 28, farm's 27 acres) but who cares.. I'm just happy you NOTICE me.. :heart: (Hehe.. Hehehee.. Heheheheee.)

Everyone has to start somewhere but you want everyone to believe you are the next Shanghi Pierce.

Ya know Caustic, I had to google that.. Here's what I found. (Click here!) As I read it, I couldn't help but think... "This guy IS Caustic!"

If I think he's you, and you think he's me, then that's why we're having problems..

Too much alike.

Think about that next time you call me a knowitall. :D :lol:

Have enough balls to come out me like a man not some sneaky scared kid from the back.

PUHlease! Caustic, we all know there's no coming at you from the back around here... I knew full well that you'd be on this like white on rice within 1/2 hour -- TOPS..

Lo and behold.... :cboy:

J":2rom7570 said:
"a 27 year old kid coming on here with a ten acre farm."

I truely hope this comment wasn't intended for me. I am a 27 year old "kid" as you put it, with a ten acre farm, so at this point the shoe kind of fits, so if it was for me then I would like for old caustic or ANYONE else on this board to show me where I have ever shown expertise, talked down to or about someone. Mr burno you need to turn it down a notch. I have never been cross with you although I've had to bite my lip on many occasions. Get a grip, I agree the business is pretty good right now and it won't always be this way but why not put some of your "expertise" to work and help little snot nose kids out? I have many memories of old men, those that were just plain gripey and those that spoke their mind but made the point and I learned alot more from the later, althought I learned from the grumpy A$$ old men how not to act.

J wasn't at you everyone has to start somewhere, it was for the other snot nosed kid. Started with one bred cow at 16.
Never did like a whiner, people like that just take up your time and nothing is every accomplished by it.
It all gets down to you are responsible for everything in life or you are a victim in life. Cal has chose to be the victim.
You are responsible no one else in how you view, run your life and operation from every right or wrong discision you make.

Caustic Burno":1r1lg9xc said:
J wasn't at you everyone has to start somewhere, it was for the other snot nosed kid.

He was talking to me, J..

But, before you two shake hands, take note of how he used the word "other" to distinquish the two of us...

We're stupid, because we're young.. That's just the way it is in Causticland.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":3dassrnj said:
If you truly think this board is useless then perhaps you yourself should leave. As stated before Im trying to help people make money on here. If they have crap we need to let em know so that they can make changes for the betterment of their herd.

Uhhh? You dont catch on fast. That is what Im saying.

Caustic Burno":3dassrnj said:
Cal has chose to be the victim.

Your many words are only out done by your growing ego.

Caustic when you going to learn that you aren't that important.
What you say doesn't make facts.

I guess Im a loser to cause I dont see any reason to stick around either.

See caustic, you think others are losers cause instead of trying to get past your childishness they decide to just leave. I think a loser is someone who cant control their mouth and succeeds in making an entire forum a useless area.

Kind of reminds me of that kid everyone has in their class. The one that HAS to be the center of everything and only succeeds in preventing anything usefull from getting done.

See ya'll later

Latest posts