I'm cutting back and you may want to also!

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I'm going to bite the bullet, too!!!! President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget. I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2,000 a month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., but it's time to get out the budget cutting axe, go through my expenses, and cut back. I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of my total budget.
After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2,000 a month, I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents. Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is all about.
I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries - six cents worth. Did this President actually think no one would do the math?

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation...
One is by sword...
The other is by debt."
John Adams 1826

Good idea dun! As true Americans we have to cut deep and sacrifice just like the feds are.
Looks like my cow herd will have to get by on about 1 oz less mineral per month.
I Hope that Change don't kill any of them.

I'm impressed at the lengths they are willing to sacrifice not spending money that is not theirs. It speaks volumes.

I'll do one better, i'm going to cut it by 1 whole dollar...hopefully obummer will follow my sacrifice.

or not

I wonder how many people will think them heros if they keep us from going off the cliff? I bet they will vote themselves a raise as well.

Dun, your just trying to make odumba look bad. Who's numbers are they?? :D Thanks for doing the math Dun, I woulda never Dun't.

highgrit":op888o7j said:
Dun, your just trying to make odumba look bad. Who's numbers are they?? :D Thanks for doing the math Dun, I woulda never Dun't.
I didn;t, I got it from my brother, he's the educated one in the family

dun":lxw3vzku said:
highgrit":lxw3vzku said:
here's one that somebody done the math on another thread... the problem, 34.721 post over a 10 year period... how many post a day would that come to??
:p

Jogeephus":22fxetmg said:
I wonder how many people will think them heros if they keep us from going off the cliff? I bet they will vote themselves a raise as well.

Didn't need a vote Joe...Obammy did it for them today....another executive order. Gave ol' crazy Joe Biden a big raise.

ALACOWMAN":25jyctf2 said:
dun":25jyctf2 said:
highgrit":25jyctf2 said:
here's one that somebody done the math on another thread... the problem, 34.721 post over a 10 year period... how many post a day would that come to??
:p

C! Yep, I'm sure it would be C.

When in doubt, always choose C on multiple choice questions. Every 6th grader knows that--almost always gets ya a passing grade.

dun":1xyb1hck said:
I'm going to bite the bullet, too!!!! President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget. I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2,000 a month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., but it's time to get out the budget cutting axe, go through my expenses, and cut back. I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of my total budget.
After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2,000 a month, I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents. Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is all about.
I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries - six cents worth. Did this President actually think no one would do the math?

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation...
One is by sword...
The other is by debt."
John Adams 1826

Look's like a tough row ahead to hoe.

Well my thinking is we (the people) should stop paying all forms of taxes....when at the store, pay the price of the item but not the sales tax, no payroll tax, no tax of any kind. What are they going to do.....throw the entire American public in jail?

Okay....no....I'm not drunk....it was just one of those wild and crazy ideas that one gets when they are fed up to here (over my head) with the Fed.

I'm calm now.....yes, I am so very impressed with the decision that our fearless leader has made. :roll: I think I too will follow dun's lead (not in posts though....I don't want to get picked on for too many posts :lol2: ) and cut back on our household spending by 6 cents. I hope the dogs can get by with 2 or 3 less kibbles of dog food each day.

Okay....I'm done.

Katherine

It would put those forked tongue politicians to shame if they gathered up a group of average working class folks and gave them the federal budget and a red pen and a highlighter. The folks who know about living within their means would have it balanced in no time and with the least pain. I have given up on the parties and just vote out the incumbent every time. And every time I make the mark on the ballot I make the flushing sound to myself.

MO_cows":1r3kgol9 said:
It would put those forked tongue politicians to shame if they gathered up a group of average working class folks and gave them the federal budget and a red pen and a highlighter. The folks who know about living within their means would have it balanced in no time and with the least pain. I have given up on the parties and just vote out the incumbent every time. And every time I make the mark on the ballot I make the flushing sound to myself.

I want somebody to explain to me why we ship billions overseas in foreign aide to people that hate our gut's and complain SS is going broke.

govt-spending-obama-going-forward-cartoon.jpg

Jogeephus":3fc9mo4e said:
That's funny, and sad. Unfortunately, the majority of the voters do not realize that "FORWARD" is a relative term. The benefit or lack thereof is contingent upon the direction one is headed.