I'm baaack!

Help Support CattleToday:

Dun, my comments were of course in jest. Seems like the govt. takes a ho hum attitude toward the destruction in the middle of the country. Boone

boone":39sderwy said:
Dun, my comments were of course in jest. Seems like the govt. takes a ho hum attitude toward the destruction in the middle of the country. Boone

It's the old squeaky wheel gets the peanut butter deal. The mid country folks are too busy trying to get on with getting the problem resolved while in other areas they're looking for a way to blame it on dubya

dun

dun":2e2zlo81 said:
boone":2e2zlo81 said:
The place just isn't the same without you. When can I expect to see you on the national news talking about how the government is screwing you? Do you have a good spot for the new doublewide that FEMA is bringing?? :lol: Boone

Wrong part of the country. Hillbillies are to ornery to want that kind of help from the gov. Now if they would buy some firewood from me.........

dun

see my has anyone noticed post...

whaddya do with frozen firewood....if its frozen ya cant thaw it to burn it to make heat to thaw it...nobody's gonna buy that dun...oh yeah we were talking gov't. theyll probly buy it all or trade ya for some walmart cards

Our electricity was out too, but one of our fences runs on a solar charger. I wonder if it worked while covered in a layer of ice too? I'm too chicken to just grab on the wire for no apparent reason, I'm usually the tester anyway so I get enough shocks as it is :eek:

sidney411":1sdzpsm6 said:
Our electricity was out too, but one of our fences runs on a solar charger. I wonder if it worked while covered in a layer of ice too? I'm too chicken to just grab on the wire for no apparent reason, I'm usually the tester anyway so I get enough shocks as it is :eek:

Just chase a calf through it and see how it acts.
A couple of years ago we had a real thin coating of ice and I went out and just wacked the fence and the ice would shatter. I had a stick and it was wet. One time when I wacked the fence I got my attitude adjusted. Don;t know ifr I just hit a magic spot that was clear or not.

dun

glad your up and running Dun. or at least slipen and sliden..im sure your farmer to do list has grown greatly! .....:shock: .... Rose

On a normal Winter N MN gets Ice Storms, Lots of Blizzard conditions, power goes off often, Dangerous windchill most all the time, blocked roads, never no mention aid. Heck never makes the news. :) Let the storms go a little South of us and it's a big deal. :shock:

Glad y'all came through OK.

mnmtranching":3apjmts0 said:
On a normal Winter N MN gets Ice Storms, Lots of Blizzard conditions, power goes off often, Dangerous windchill most all the time, blocked roads, never no mention aid. Heck never makes the news. :) Let the storms go a little South of us and it's a big deal. :shock:

Glad y'all came through OK.

We get ice storms generally eveyr year too. But the ice isn;t measured in multiple inches. Had one in early December with only about 1/2 inch of ice and all it did was make it hard to get around.

dun

Lets hope that most of your precip comes in the form of
spring and Summer rains. Ours too. :)

Latest posts