I'm a moron!!

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
I've had some problems with seafood allergies in the past. Nothing major or life threatening, just a minor reaction if I eat too much of it, so I try and stay away from it. So I bought a shrimp ring at the store this morning 'cause it was on sale and it looked good. Without thinking, I oinked down about half of it earlier this afternoon. Within an hour, I broke out with hives and was itching like a dog with fleas. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first and then it dawned on me. It was the dammed shrimp. Took some antihistamines and everything's fine now. Apparently, the phrase "live and learn" doesn't apply to me.

If you live you learn if you die you don;t. Now using what you learned that's a different ball of wax

Why would anyone spend hard earned money on shrimp when you can get Mustard Sardines .
:lol: :lol:

I don't think I would have fallen for the temptation of shrimp that was on 'sale', perhaps that was the problem :shock: .

curtis":1wa2n6ko said:
Why would anyone spend hard earned money on shrimp when you can get Mustard Sardines .
:lol: :lol:

or canned smoked oysters....and of course vi-inny sausages........now that's good stuff

3waycross":1mgxw8yh said:
canned smoked oysters

Good stuff. They have them on sale at the dollar store. :mrgreen:

Van, don't feel bad cause you aren't the only moron. If would make you feel any better I'll post a picture of the exit hole in my good Carhart jacket that I was using as a prop to sight my rifle yesterday. Apparantly a cotton jacket is no match for a 270magnum and I think some people would have sworn it was snowing in south georgia yesterday. :lol2: :oops: :lol2:

Oh I think there's a lot of ways to show off your moronic ways. Like yesterday at the ranch. We had some city folks up after Thanksgiving to try out their new shotguns. One thing led to another and I brought out my 9 mm and .45 semi auto handguns. I loaded the 9 with plinking rounds, jacked one in the chamber and pulled the decocker. Everything worked just fine, everyone was safe. Then I loaded my .45 with plinkers, jacked one round in the chamber and tried to operate the decocker. Darn thing didn't work. So I held the hammer and pulled the trigger to release it. The hammer slipped out from under my thumb and the gun went off. Everyone was OK, I had the weapon pointed down range away from everyone. So everything was OK, right? Well, have you ever had your thumb (or top of your hand) behind the slide when the weapon fires? Holy smokes! Man that hurt. Dummy. Moron. Idiot. My thumb still hurts.

Hubby was welding on the pipe fence the other day. He said he noticed he was feeling a little warmer than usual in the coveralls, rofl.... he caught them on FIRE!!! Not bad, just enough to think - how dumb!!!
Valerie

I am allergic to fish and seafood - it does not stay down long. I was on my third date with my husband and he took me to a very nice restaurant. Very quiet and romantic. I ordered the Caesar salad. I knew not to do it but I was used to eating it at another restaurant that didn't put in anchovy past so without thinking (like you) I ordered it. I didn't much like it either but ate it to be polite, my mother taught me if a man is paying for your meal you eat it. After dinner I told him we had to go. My car was at his apartment and I was hoping to make it home. Didn't happen, I got to his place and ended up spending four hours in his bathroom, with him asking if I needed to go to the hospital. :oops:
He actually asked me out again though. :banana:

Victoria":34pqtkmk said:
I am allergic to fish and seafood - it does not stay down long. I was on my third date with my husband and he took me to a very nice restaurant. Very quiet and romantic. I ordered the Caesar salad. I knew not to do it but I was used to eating it at another restaurant that didn't put in anchovy past so without thinking (like you) I ordered it. I didn't much like it either but ate it to be polite, my mother taught me if a man is paying for your meal you eat it. After dinner I told him we had to go. My car was at his apartment and I was hoping to make it home. Didn't happen, I got to his place and ended up spending four hours in his bathroom, with him asking if I needed to go to the hospital. :oops:
He actually asked me out again though. :banana:

I had a similar experience when I was a kid. I took a young lady to see a disturbing movie about a family that was murdered back in 1959. It upset me so bad that I blew chunks after the show and it ended up being our first and last date. Guess she wasn't impressed with my "strong stomach."

Van, don't feel bad cause you aren't the only moron. If would make you feel any better I'll post a picture of the exit hole in my good Carhart jacket that I was using as a prop to sight my rifle yesterday. Apparantly a cotton jacket is no match for a 270magnum and I think some people would have sworn it was snowing in south georgia yesterday. :lol2: :oops: :lol2:[/quote]

One of my friends dad was shooting at a coyote one time. Unfortunately, it was an older pickup that had a raised rib down the center of the hood and yup, you guessed it, he got the pickup instead of the coyote. It was kind of funny as he was telling my friend that he needed to sight his rifle it. He turned a couple shades of :oops: when he found out why he missed.

alisonb":sgknl5uu said:
I don't think I would have fallen for the temptation of shrimp that was on 'sale', perhaps that was the problem :shock: .
Yep. The "On Sale" is what got him.
I can't talk though since some people say I am the original scrooge.
My philosophy is, If it is not on sale, wait until it is.

Fly-guy":30386qjj said:
Van, don't feel bad cause you aren't the only moron. If would make you feel any better I'll post a picture of the exit hole in my good Carhart jacket that I was using as a prop to sight my rifle yesterday. Apparantly a cotton jacket is no match for a 270magnum and I think some people would have sworn it was snowing in south georgia yesterday. :lol2: :oops: :lol2:

One of my friends dad was shooting at a coyote one time. Unfortunately, it was an older pickup that had a raised rib down the center of the hood and yup, you guessed it, he got the pickup instead of the coyote. It was kind of funny as he was telling my friend that he needed to sight his rifle it. He turned a couple shades of :oops: when he found out why he missed.[/quote]

Friend of my Dad's did that a few yrs ago. Best part was he was shooting at a Desert Bighorn at the time and yes...you guessed it, the truck was a Dodge Ram. We took an old hood ornement off another Ram pickup and had it mounted on a board for him.

Wow, I have the same reaction, break out in hives and rashes, every time the president shows his face on tv. Even blew chunks once.

With an allergy like that it can get worse as you get older. So if it didn't kill you this time, later in life it might. So I wouldn't be testing it out again. JMHO.