I'll take a whole herd like her!

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
I love this cow!
Took this pic last week, she is raising her third calf (all AI sired, and her first heifer calf). The calf is sired by GLS Declaration (Select Sires bull).
28bedmw.jpg

This is the most white she has ever thrown, and we were glad it was a heifer!.

That calf was born the first part of November. Her second calf was a bull, sired by Pays to Dream, in December of 17. Her first calf was a bull, sired by Uno Mas, in Jan of 17. She is a May 15, so calved her first calf at 19 months of age. She is now 25 days bred to Cowboy Cut (Genex), and will be due Sept 9th next year. Her calving interval has to be one of the tightest! And, she has a perfect udder and teat size! I have only used 4 straws of semen on her (so she sticks the first time).

This is her second calf:
33os74j.jpg

This is her with her first calf:
212v4zo.jpg

And in her show clothes....
w1uubp.jpg

Here is her ASA record. We have not sent off the registration on this heifer yet.
https://herdbook.org/simmapp/action/ani ... er=3027452

I think she was a wise investment. :tiphat: I would like a bunch more that produce and keep as easy as she does! Her face has not hit the grain bucket since she was pulled off the show string in the fall of 2016.

Good looking pair. I`m glad you posted the picture of a Declaration calf I`ve used him some this fall on some of my white faced cows. No doubt he`s much more economical to use than his sire.

I've heard some good reports on Declaration. Lots of power. We have one due the end of January. How big is that cow being out of a full sub to loaded up?

Very good udder and teats!, and nice all around

I bet you can see her swishing her tail from a mile!.. My last bull had a really white switch and you could always see where he was

Very nice. What does she weigh now? Update us on that calf of hers in a few months.

That is a fine looking cow for sure, I'd take a few liker as well, only thing I'd change is the black to red or yellow :hide:
That udder will allow that cow to stay in the herd for a very long time.

Franke":11vtu0lp said:
I've heard some good reports on Declaration. Lots of power. We have one due the end of January. How big is that cow being out of a full sub to loaded up?

The cow is smaller framed. She was 1245 pounds when we bred her to Cowboy, 31 days after she calved. She was 1085 when we weaned her this summer. Her sire was a herd bull that ran for the guy I bought her from (and yes, full sib to Loaded Up). He sold the bull before he realized the value in his calves! He lost the dam of our cow not long after we bought her (found her dead, not sure from what), so he really wants to see how this heifer calf grows and likely buy her off our daughter (if she will let her go! lol).
The heifer calf was 72 pounds, at 280 days gestation. She is growing great, and one of our favorite calves out of the fall group. We call her Oreo, and I registered her last night after posting this; Double Stuff! Kids came up with it, since she has double the filling (white) like an Oreo Double Stuff cookie! Her dam is Cookie. So it fits. The docility on the Declaration seems good also. That calf follows me everywhere, very curious. I suspect she will be on the show string next year, since she is bred and owned for my daughter. Here is a pic I took of her tonight:
345bfhj.jpg

And Silver, I would love a few red ones in my herd. I even like the traditional Simmental markings. Sadly, bull buyers will not touch one with any body white out here, so I have to limit the old Simm look for my market. I have bred a Beef Maker x Angus cow to HPF Tradecraft for a fall 19 calf. Hoping to get red out of that.