If I Were An Inventor......

Help Support CattleToday:

d6cattleman":3lwmp54g said:
If i were an inventor id make a 2x4 with a ruler stamped on one side of it. We are building a 30x40 show barn, and i usually do all the cutting with the chop saw.It would be much easier that way and wouldnt cost much more.Patent Pending!!!

Why don't you just take a tape refill and tack it to a 2X4 or what ever will hold it straight. :cboy:

KenB":1989h970 said:
d6cattleman":1989h970 said:
If i were an inventor id make a 2x4 with a ruler stamped on one side of it. We are building a 30x40 show barn, and i usually do all the cutting with the chop saw.It would be much easier that way and wouldnt cost much more.Patent Pending!!!

Why don't you just take a tape refill and tack it to a 2X4 or what ever will hold it straight. :cboy:

Or set up a jig with a stop at the proper length.

dun

Because im not cutting all the boards the same length, and to tack a tape measure on every board i cut would take longer than just measuring it. Thats why my idea is good.
d6cattleman

d6cattleman":29ry3e9s said:
Because im not cutting all the boards the same length, and to tack a tape measure on every board i cut would take longer than just measuring it. Thats why my idea is good.
d6cattleman

It would still only work for the first cut. That's why a jig with a stop is so handy. Plus you wouldn;t have to pay extra for every board you bought to have the numbers put on them.

dun

d6cattleman":2m4kx88t said:
d6cattleman

:shock: :roll: Tack a tape measure to just one 2X4 and use it as a measuring stick, not on each one you are going to cut.
After you are done with your project remove the tape measure and you will have a good board to use, not a 2X4X? measuring stick to store. ;-)

Latest posts