Ice storm pics of Missouri. Dial up users beware!

Help Support CattleToday:

Well said Stocky, I agree, most of this was poles snapping. I heard a number of 3000 poles from our electric co-op.

This is the 10th Day without power and school just started re-opened today.

Many thanks to all the hardworking crews working 16 to 18 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Dub

DoubleK":31i7nojj said:
Here are some pictures of the ice storm that hit SW Missouri on January 15th. One week ago and I still have no power at home. I'm sure this is why Dun hasn't been on in a while.

Dub

sgf1.JPG

sgf2.JPG

sgf3.JPG

sgf5.JPG

sgf6.JPG

I look over my woods we have, and most of the tops of the trees ave some damage, all I see is broken tops, sad looking for sure. Some people around here were told it could be another week or more before power is restored, I am thankful ours got restored last Thursday, real thankful.

GMN

Curtis - I didn't realize you were a lineman...STAY SAFE.... Dangerous conditions for you.

My husband is a lineman, and whenever there is major damage, there are usually REA's sending in a crew to help get power up and running. The REA my husband works for is usually on the ball and ready and willing to send a volunteer crew out. I asked my husband last week, who was going to MO/OK/AR area where there is heavy damage.

Now, my husband is not a TV/NEWS watching type of person, he usually gets his news 3rd hand through talking with others.

He had no clue about the damage and after I brought it up, he was surprised they had not done something about it at his job....then I got to thinking about, I only knew about it thru threads on here.....

Bothers me the area isn't getting more attention! Good luck to all affected, stay warm and stay safe.

Michele

Michelle, There has been a great deal of help from other areas. Last week, I saw 6 giant line trucks and 2 smaller trucks from Mt. Airy, North Carolina. The area of ice and electric failure is so large including most of Oklahoma and some of Kansas, as well as Arkansas and Missouri that the people from other places are scattered around. However, they are here and we are sure thankful for them.

Last summer they went through and cleared all of the trees that were within about 20 feet either side of the middle of the right away. In this area, the majority of the poles that went down weren;t from trees, although some were, most of them snapped just from the shear weight of the ice. There were a number of them on the road in front of us that broke of just below the cross arms. It seems that in rolly terraine the highest pole in the line were the ones that broke off. One problem that they experienced here was that on sunday they had run out of poles and had to wait for more tuck loads of them to come in from other areas. Just in our small neck of the woods, about 5 miles square, there were crews from MN, TN and AR along with the local crews.

dun

Latest posts