I think I smell pineapple

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
The temperature here jumped up into the 50's overnight and it is pouring down rain. The pineapple express has arrived. Lots of roads closed because of slides and flooding. Both Highway 12 and 101 in and out of Aberdeen/Hoquim and closed because slides which virtually shuts those towns off from the outside. I am sure that the river will be running through my pasture by this afternoon. The snow level in the mountains went from 3,000 feet last night to over 8,000 feet today. With the rain and the snow melt all those rivers with their headwaters in the mountains will be flooding big time.

It's not what we got here.. it's been flurrying for 24 hours, got about 4-5" on the ground... Going to be a mucky time when warmth comes around!

Nesikep":3qqbrxqb said:
It's not what we got here.. it's been flurrying for 24 hours, got about 4-5" on the ground... Going to be a mucky time when warmth comes around!

The last shot of the storm track I saw it was headed your way. You might have enough of a high pressure to deflect it off to the east. But it is packing plenty of power. The winds were in the 40's and the southwest side of the Olympics got 7 to 9 inches of rain. I have an old 2 quart sauce pan that I use to take scraps out to the chickens. I emptied it at about 2:00 yesterday afternoon. I set it down on the back porch and forgot it. At 5:00 this morning it was over flowing with water.

Latest posts