I Retired!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Haven't been on much lately. Love you all, but don't need as much help as I used to, and not as much time to chat -- some of you I talk to on FB. ANYWAY . . . . I retired today!! 40 years in the legal field is long enough. I am happy to wake up, not having someone unahppy w/ me every day from now on. Not making any big changes. Will make a road trip to Oregon Saturday to pick up some bull semen; spend a few days with one of my brothers who has a "surprise fishing trip" set up; and a BBQ at the bro's place on the 4th with some Oregon friends of many years that I see seldom (one, not since high school). Then .... finish projects started and never finished and projects planned but never started. And the cattle and the garden. Put in 3 new raised beds this year, and we'll be AI'ing in July for April calves. Slaughter for a couple steers set for Oct., and another couple for Jan. Hubby is glad I'll be able to help him every day with moving the reel line -- just hooking it up to the tractor, so he doesn't have to go on/off/on/off to do it. I picked up a 3 more reg'd British White cows a couple months back, a couple with calves at side, and all bred back, 2 for Fall and 1 for Spring. Waiting for one more "fall calver." One of the "fall calvers" was preg checked at 4 mos. bred in April, and she calved in June. Yes, I'm watching the one that was checked same time as 3-mos. bred. We are 4 and 4 bull/heifer calves so far this year, w/ that one to go. The "bunch" is now at 26 head, and I said years ago: "We'll never have more than a dozen!" Looking forward to whatever comes next. :D

Congratulations. It sounds like you may be like my sister, who retired a few years ago. I keep telling her she needs to go back to work so she'll have some spare time.

Kathie, i forgot to tell you that I don't know how I ever had time to go to work I am so busy. I see the same thing coming on for you.

Good for you! I only have 30 more years, so you'll have to let me know what I'm looking forward to.

Latest posts