I needed to go to the mailbox...

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
but the rain is coming down so hard and the lightening is popping all around. It takes me a lot longer now that the big crack has opened up in the center of my yard. I would have to run all the way around it to get there. If the lightening didn't strike me, the rain we had yesterday, 1.52" probably filled that crack up with water and I could possibly fall in and drown if I tried to jump over it. It is supposed to rain here tonight, 80% chance with over an inch predicted. By then the grass might be too tall to find the mailbox. Oh the problems I have!! :D

Arn't we the lucky ones...we are getting a sprinkle also about enough to settle the dust, thought that I'd get some tractor work done without looking like a dust storm but hit a rock and split the sidewall now its work on the tractor.....anyway the temp has dropped enough to remind me of all the things that I need to get done before winter....rambling on, don't want to go back out in the rain...Dave Mc

MikeC":37jstdp8 said:
Has rained here 18 days in a row. No haying going on either.
2.5 in here on Monday afternoon in about 3 hrs All soaked in too. Now just another soaker in a couple more days would be ideal.
Hasn't rained here except for a few drops that didn't wet the sidewalks or deck in 3 to 4 weeks.

We're about to get our first rain in this area in over 3 weeks. Thundering real good right now. Hope it does'nt go around us like the rest has. Like a desert here right now.

We have been feeding hay for a while now.We are about 8 - 9 inches behind at least. If anybody can spare some rain,please send it our way.Pastures are gone.I went ahead and put out the lime,and will put out some 10-20-10 next month late,and drill in some wheat and rye if we get some rain,then hit it with nitrogen in the spring. Ain't farmin' grand? :shock: :D :cboy:

Hadn't seen rain here for weeks - maybe a month - and then it went and poured on us tonight. Over an inch. Neighbor had 30 acres of alfalfa he was going to bale dry...not anymore.

Seems like it doesn't rain enough here, but it always sprinkles when someone's got good hay they want baled dry.

I would love to send the rain to you guys! 3rd cutting has been laying in the field for almost 2 weeks, rained on almost every day. I'm not complaining about the rain, but Mother Nature's timing really bites the big one this year!! :( :roll:

Latest posts