I need warm socks!

Help Support CattleToday:

FWIW for many years I have had to choose between boots that keep you dry in wet snow etc or boots that let my feet breathe.

I recently tried a set of some boots called "Muck Boots" and find the combination of the Muck Boots and Red Wing "steel toed" socks (socks intended for steel toed boots) is the best thing/combination I've ever worn on my feet in winter. I can be slogging around the snow and slush all day and your feet still stay dry and warm.

The Muck boots are easier to get on and off my big feet than any other waterproof boot I've ever had. And there is something about them that seems to wick the moisture out - keeps your feet warm and dry all day even though mine usually sweat like crazy in waterproof boots. Just get them large enough so your toes are not bound up with the heavy Red Wing socks. At least 1/2 size larger than you usually buy. Red Wing sells several types of socks, the only ones that work for me have the "steel toe" sticker on them.

The combination is amazing, at least compared to anything else I've tried over the years. jmho.

Latest posts