I need detailed pic on headgates and squeeze chutes.

Help Support CattleToday:

edde_1

Reaction score
Im going to build my own squeeze chute and headgate.

I can´t buy good headgates in sweden, and the one i can buy ar to expensive.
Im going to bulid my own. I got my own engineering workshop, so i have all the facilities to do it. But i dont have any contructiondrawings on a good fairly simple headgate. So i hope you real ranchers over there can help a young swederancher out with detailed pics och even better a drawing.

Best regards//
Daniel

edde_1":3tnu9i4k said:
Im going to build my own squeeze chute and headgate.

I can´t buy good headgates in sweden, and the one i can buy ar to expensive.
Im going to bulid my own. I got my own engineering workshop, so i have all the facilities to do it. But i dont have any contructiondrawings on a good fairly simple headgate. So i hope you real ranchers over there can help a young swederancher out with detailed pics och even better a drawing.

Best regards//
Daniel

I didn't reverse engineer mine. I just got out the tape, square, and started cutting and welding. I bought the head gate but built the chutes and everything else. The chute needs to be 31 inches wide. other folks will tell you different and each of us have our own critters and purpose. I don't know the "universal" number but 31 inches works for me. You need a drop gate on the side for castrating or whatever,

This was posted earlier...

certherfbeef":cuj11olc said:
Not sure if this is what you are after.
You can attach your head catch to something like this. Gate on the upper side will squeeze in a bit. Gate on the lower side opens at the head so the cow can go out the side if needed. 4 corner posts are telephone poles. Not the main working facility but gets used enough.
Roof does not work...you still get wet.

RHcalves004.jpg

Latest posts