I n t e r l o p e r s

Help Support CattleToday:

Dogs and Cows":2dkeku7b said:
JMJ Farms":2dkeku7b said:
I've got something I've just got to say. The wife and I decided to bring the kids to Savannah for the weekend. We have been down on river street. Before I start let me say that I have extensively studied mathematics, statistics, ratios, etc. I can count and add. At least, I say at least 1/3 of the people that we seen tonight downtown, in a moderately small southern town not an urban metropolis, we're speaking something other than English. I couldn't believe it. Still can't. I knew we were in trouble but I'm telling you friends, our simple way of life as we know it is changing. And I'm scared that not only can we not stop it, I don't even think we can slow it down. My eyes have been opened. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Not really. I don't care. If it does, then you probably don't belong here. Let's see how long this one stays up.

Not sure I follow this...you are unhappy and afraid your way of life is changing because you were in Savannah and 1/3 of the folks were speaking something other than English?? How do you know they were not tourists, or even American citizens...if they were speaking among themselves they have every right to do so in the language they choose. As you stated later...this is a free country right? Seems to me all you have done here is condemn a bunch of people for simply speaking a different language. And for all who say their families learned English when the emigrated to this country...that is true...but most still spoke their native tongue when they were with family...whether Italian, Scandinavian, German, or anything else. I am really having trouble seeing how a different language is changing your life...

Well d&c, first of all I know my(our) way of life is changing. Now if it makes me a bad person or selfish or just an a$$hole because I don't want to accept this influx of people from other parts of the world coming to my country, then so be it. I bust my a$$ every day to make a decent living and provide for my family. No big deal. That's what any decent man is supposed to do. You know why it takes me 12-16 hours a day instead of 8 hours to do this? Because not every able bodied person is doing their part so I have to pick up the slack. I know immigrants aren't the only problem. But they are a major part of it. The different language has nothing to do with it.

The issue is what those different languages represent. Diversity. The USA was found on unity.

It boils down to this. The way I feel about this may be wrong. But I ain't changing the way I feel. I don't like it. I don't like the POTUS. I don't like mu$limS. I think the two are one in the same. I don't like people who come to this country just to take advantage of what they can reap from it while they sow nothing. And I'm with Teddy. "We have room but for one language".

Ever heard that saying....When in Rome, do as the Romans do. :deadhorse:

Latest posts