I n t e r l o p e r s

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
I've got something I've just got to say. The wife and I decided to bring the kids to Savannah for the weekend. We have been down on river street. Before I start let me say that I have extensively studied mathematics, statistics, ratios, etc. I can count and add. At least, I say at least 1/3 of the people that we seen tonight downtown, in a moderately small southern town not an urban metropolis, we're speaking something other than English. I couldn't believe it. Still can't. I knew we were in trouble but I'm telling you friends, our simple way of life as we know it is changing. And I'm scared that not only can we not stop it, I don't even think we can slow it down. My eyes have been opened. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Not really. I don't care. If it does, then you probably don't belong here. Let's see how long this one stays up.

I can relate to your assessment. We had a Mexican cook prepare Japanese food for our Christmas supper. But I gotta say Fred did a good job though. I don't have the answer but I do know gun control is not the answer.

We had the same issues with a farm about 10 miles form here. Lost 3 cameras in 5 years, uncounted numbers of locks, a couple of gates and a lot of chain. Finally sold the farm a month or so ago.

greybeard":2n1lnx4c said:
The very first or original owners of Manhattan said the same things.

Probably because they failed to recognize the threat to their existence in time! Had they eliminated every white man who landed on the spot they would still be in charge!...............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

3waycross":d97zucaw said:
greybeard":d97zucaw said:
The very first or original owners of Manhattan said the same things.

Probably because they failed to recognize the threat to their existence in time! Had they eliminated every white man who landed on the spot they would still be in charge!...............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

lol!

Stopping the original illegal immigrants in their tracks one might say!

Have any of you stopped to think that these brown skinned invaders might be the descendants of the original inhabitants of the original humans that occupied this part of the hemisphere.I have the ones here in North America have been placed on reservations and I do not think there was enough Spaniards to totally subdue the indigent people occupying Mexico and South America.

http://www.npr.org/assets/news/2014/06/ ... Mexico.pdf

hurleyjd":12ekteld said:
Have any of you stopped to think that these brown skinned invaders might be the descendants of the original inhabitants of the original humans that occupied this part of the hemisphere.I have the ones here in North America have been placed on reservations and I do not think there was enough Spaniards to totally subdue the indigent people occupying Mexico and South America.

So when do u plan to give them your piece of the pie? Maybe it will help you get over that feeling of white privilege!

hurleyjd":11pzr8qq said:

I doubt the original population of this hemisphere considered themselves to be indigent.
They were, tho mostly subdued, then assimilated but not nearly exterminated. Spaniards took wives (and liberties) from/with the indigenous population.

3waycross":2me9rrij said:
hurleyjd":2me9rrij said:

So when do u plan to give them your piece of the pie? Maybe it will help you get over that feeling of white privilege!

Best response ever! :clap:

Disease brought by the spaniards,english and french explorers and settlers wiped out far more than were killed with weapons. And they were gladly received as some of the indian populations believed that a "white god" would visit them at some time so they opened the doors to them and received them as gods. There were a lot of battles but guns always win out over knives made of stones and small bows and arrows. Their own practice of human sacrifice probably didn't help the population.

3waycross":1xicc1k8 said:
hurleyjd":1xicc1k8 said:

Right on 3way. I can't worry about what my ancestors done that might have been right or wrong. I can only worry about me. But I can't swallow these "interlopers" coming in and wanting to change the way we do things. Drag over there to the Middle East and tell them you want rights. They will give you your last rights. I'm just an a$$. And I know it. But I think if you want to come to America then you should have to accept and follow our customs, our beliefs, our language, etc. if you don't wanna do that. Fine. Stay where you are. Don't come here and try to change this country. This country was founded on freedom and G od. We have just about lost both.

One grandfather was first generation American, his father was born in Ireland
One grandmother was first generation American, her father was born in Denmark
My father was first generation American, his father and mother were born in Italy.
The rest were hillbillies and jack mormans...........

ALL of the people listed above spoke ENGLISH........none of them spoke it with an accent(except some of the hillbillies who still do,God bless em)

My point is they ALL assimilated in one generation. Some retained the ability to speak or understand their native language. NONE of them EVER asked for a handout.
They ALL worked their way out of (in some cases STAGGERING) POVERTY.

.............and every dam one of them came here legally. I don't owe the government anything and neither did they. I have little or no tolerance for those who would denigrate that history or the country who made it possible.

I do find it a bit ironic that the original post, lamenting the lack of proper English, was chock-full of English mistakes; Miss Evans (my fear-inducing English Lit teacher) would have happily flunked you. ;-)

And yeah, people can and will disagree with you and yet retain every right to "be here." Kinda how it's set up. (Just for the record, my peeps have been here many centuries and fought in the Revolutionary War (and many thereafter)).

Mind you, I'm not a huge fan of immigration with all the problems we already have. I just get real tired of people throwing down the gauntlet that anyone who disagrees with them can get out or doesn't belong here. I find that notion fundamentally unAmerican. Just rubs me the wrong way.

boondocks":w9360uxb said:
I do find it a bit ironic that the original post, lamenting the lack of proper English, was chock-full of English mistakes; Miss Evans (my fear-inducing English Lit teacher) would have happily flunked you. ;-)

And yeah, people can and will disagree with you and yet retain every right to "be here." Kinda how it's set up. (Just for the record, my peeps have been here many centuries and fought in the Revolutionary War (and many thereafter)).

Mind you, I'm not a huge fan of immigration with all the problems we already have. I just get real tired of people throwing down the gauntlet that anyone who disagrees with them can get out or doesn't belong here. I find that notion fundamentally unAmerican. Just rubs me the wrong way.
As long as the immigrants enter legally and are willing to and do assimilate into the culture of the country I'm fine with it.

boondocks":3ltw0shc said:

Let's not focus on the wrong topic here. This ain't (we use the word ain't down here in the south) English class. I don't have a problem with immigrants that come legally and with good intentions. But that's all but a fantasy. The ones that come over here, illegally, play the system, and live more comfortably than I do (most)... I have a problem with them. They have more rights than me and you!!! Ragheads with backpacks offend me. I ain't (oops) forgot 9/11.
Mexicans with food stamps offend me. Indians that don't pay taxes offend me. Able bodied White and Black folk that have 12 kids, food stamps, a cell phone, Medicaid, draw a disability check, get a $20k income tax refund, and a new car (at the taxpayers expense) offend me.

JMJ Farms":1ovgq8hg said:
Let's not focus on the wrong topic here. This ain't (we use the word ain't down here in the south) English class. I don't have a problem with immigrants that come legally and with good intentions. But that's all but a fantasy. The ones that come over here, illegally, play the system, and live more comfortably than I do (most)... I have a problem with them. They have more rights than me and you!!! Ragheads with backpacks offend me. I ain't (oops) forgot 9/11.
Mexicans with food stamps offend me. Indians that don't pay taxes offend me. Able bodied White and Black folk that have 12 kids, food stamps, a cell phone, Medicaid, draw a disability check, get a $20k income tax refund, and a new car (at the taxpayers expense) offend me.

Personally, that's what I see the most of, by orders of magnitude, in my neck of the woods. Ain't no trash like white trash. And they have had the longest to "assimilate" and get a "jerb" (to quote my favorite South Park episode). In our county, the majority of the budget goes to medicaid. Of course, it's also true that in the pre-globalization era, a certain number of these fine folk would have had factory jobs and made a decent living. In a way, it's hard to blame them for making a rational economic decision: given their lack of skills, they are better off not working for minimum wage. We need to enforce the requirement that they do some kind of work (cleaning up the roadsides, cleaning graffiti, whatever--something, anything) to contribute to the community. Frankly, I think it would be better for them too---it's a good feeling to earn some money from your own efforts.

Further to the above, here is a typical local CL posting tonight for some industrious folks looking for a house to rent:

"In Desperate need of a full house for a growing family right now there is my wife and I, our daughter, my Cousin and her husband, and my Cousin M., and we have 2 unborn children due about April and June. We are on SSI and TA we can afford up to $800 a month total from County. We are in search of a 4 or 5 bedroom house. Willing to work on a Security Deposit in payments as we are only paid once a month even willing to work it off with maintenance jobs on or off property."

So, a bunch of adults, all on the dole, with multiple babies on the way, who would love a 5BR house. (Wouldn't we all...). And in case ya missed it, although they are disabled, they want to "work off" the security deposit by performing property maintenance. Somebody should rent to them, get video of them doing such physical labors (as-if), then submit the video to the proper authorities.

Latest posts