I love it

Help Support CattleToday:

$1.79 is the cheapest I've seen around here. While I'm enjoying it at the pump, if oil prices stay this low very long it will almost certainly do bad things to the economy as a whole, especially in my part of the country.

Rafter I'm sure it will effect your area. The one thing about low fuel prices is it will bolster the rest of the economy elsewhere. It will give households a raise and that money will be spent in the marketplace. People are predictable. A 50.00 a week saving will be spent on other things.

Who got on you, Sky? And why?

I have mixed feelings about the prices of fuel these days. On the one hand I'm glad to see it coming down a bit. On the other hand there going to a blood letting within the energy companies. Already Baker Hughes/Halliburton have announced they are laying off 12,000 to 14,000 workers. (Yes, not all related to oil prices.) Another example is I have been dealing with a pipeline company who wants to cross my land and were willing to pay handsomely for the ROW. Got a call from them last week and the deal is off - price of oil does not justify the expense of putting in the pipeline.

Diesel was $2.42 yesterday for road fuel. The high rollers in the oil business are still living large. While the working man takes a beating. I'm glad we couldn't afford to buy heating oil futures this year. The little man loses the most, percentage wise. But nothing new here.

Me too
I have no control over it and nothing I can do about it
I'm going to enjoy while I can. Everyone knows it's temporary

lavacarancher":16xgvo61 said:
Who got on you, Sky? And why?

I have mixed feelings about the prices of fuel these days. On the one hand I'm glad to see it coming down a bit. On the other hand there going to a blood letting within the energy companies. Already Baker Hughes/Halliburton have announced they are laying off 12,000 to 14,000 workers. (Yes, not all related to oil prices.) Another example is I have been dealing with a pipeline company who wants to cross my land and were willing to pay handsomely for the ROW. Got a call from them last week and the deal is off - price of oil does not justify the expense of putting in the pipeline.

Here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96106
Craig Miller was not a happy camper

it depends on what side of the fence your on. People in the gas industry want it high. The rest of the population wants it low. My business is a driven by the oil and gas industry and the high cost of products has driven a lot of people out of business and caused the economy to tank we need lower prices. Its time for some of the rest of us to have our feast and the others can deal with the famine of the last 6 years for a while.

Last thursday in sprignfield it ran around 163, tuesday this week it pumped 20 cents a gallon. In Lebanon it's stayed steady at 171 for the past couple of weeks, I can live with that

Its obvious your state needs to raise its fuel tax like ours is fixing to. We need more DOT workers to hold up shovels.

skyhightree1":1993ahmj said:
My big question is how long will prices stay low and how low will they go?
When all of those ''homeless :shock: '' oil field workers in the other thread show up for supper, you will be sure it is long enough! Keep stocked up with cheese for sandwiches since they are paying you to burn fuel and starve American workers!! :lol:

What is killing he gas/oil companies is reduced demand. If oil prices stay down long enough the demand will grow. We will be driving gas hogs again and the cycle will start over. The high cost of gas is one thing that has caused prices to be so high for everything. Now maybe we will see prices on produce and products drop some. The biggest problem I see is that this will shut down our own production and we will be captive to OPEC again. A side benefit is that it is driving those eco nuts crazy that we can still drive out SUVs and trucks as much as we want. Maybe if it drags on long enough some of them will die of old age and frustration. Chevrolet just announced a new all electric car. what is that going to do to the oil and gas companies when we can get by without them?
I really think that the increased demand fueled by low costs will off set the loss in revenue over the long term. In the mean time I can afford to drive into my day job and still eat.
Judge Sharpe

They blamed fertilizer price rocket on natural gas. Natural gas has been dirt cheap again for three years now Fertilizer has not come back to what it was before the hike.

mwj":36qufpmy said:
skyhightree1":36qufpmy said:
When all of those ''homeless :shock: '' oil field workers in the other thread show up for supper, you will be sure it is long enough! Keep stocked up with cheese for sandwiches since they are paying you to burn fuel and starve American workers!! :lol:

Comments like this is what coined the phrase "Let them freeze in the dark" and I cleaned it up - a lot. You have no idea how many seemingly unrelated business will suffer and shut down because of the down turn in the oil patch. When they shut down you will be unemployed. When you're unemployed you will not be able to eat $7.00/pound steak. Then the price of steak goes down to compensate and the growers will then be pi$$in' and moaning' cause they can't get $5.00/pound at the sale barn. It's all tied together, like it or not. ;-)

lavacarancher":263k4ty6 said:
mwj":263k4ty6 said:
skyhightree1":263k4ty6 said:

Comments like this is what coined the phrase "Let them freeze in the dark" and I cleaned it up - a lot. You have no idea how many seemingly unrelated business will suffer and shut down because of the down turn in the oil patch. When they shut down you will be unemployed. When you're unemployed you will not be able to eat $7.00/pound steak. Then the price of steak goes down to compensate and the growers will then be pi$$in' and moaning' cause they can't get $5.00/pound at the sale barn. It's all tied together, like it or not. ;-)

He gets it.

The price of oil drove everything up in the first place. So I'm not sure if I follow your thinking Lavacarancher. It won't be long before the price of fuel starts going back up. Because the oil companies raise the price of fuel anytime something happens.