I just like to kill em, not eat em.

Help Support CattleToday:

lilmac

Reaction score
My brother-in-law came by a couple of months ago with two hogs that some fellers came in from out west and paid big bucks to kill. After two clean kills they thanked the land owner, shook his hand, got in there truck, and drove home. :mad: He said do you want one. "DUH" I smoked him for three days, he was great.
Last week my cousin calls. He was visiting one of the bigger ranches down south. Seems some fellers came in from back east, killed ( 6 ) deer. Got back in there lil plane and flew off patting each on the back. Do you want some. "DUH", bring me two. That evening he called me back. We got rid of 5, do you want #6, "DUH" bring him on, I just did not want to be greedy, if you do not take him, I don't know what he will do with him.
Waist not, want not, I had allready shot two with the bow, but I only like big horns on cows :lol: I want my deer young and tender ;-) , so the two that I shot were small. I gave one to my sister, and shared with my in-laws, and some other family mimbers. So every one was happy. The rancher got a lot of money, I got a lot of free food, and the hunters got a lot of memories of a successfull hunt, WIN WIN.
Still don't make it right though. If you shoot it, EAT it!!!
Good hunting, and god bless,
Mac

lilmac":15qih02s said:
Still don't make it right though. If you shoot it, EAT it!!!
Good hunting, and god bless,
Mac

I agree with you 95%. Me and some of the boys get together on occasion and have a feed and swap lies and catch up on gossip. We normally have deer, pork or fish but we always have something special, something exotic. Muskrat, beaver, bear, alligator etc. A friend of mine named Ronald who is - in the truest sense of the word - a Redneck, killed a coyote the other day and had as he put it "his wife soak it in a marmalade all day" :lol: and we cooked it. Well, I gotta say it might keep you alive but I'd never get fat off of it. :lol: So I'm pretty darned sure I ain't eating the next one I kill. :lol:

I'v shot a lot of crow, and I'v eat a lot of crow, but never eat a crow that I shot.
Guess that makes me a hypocrite :eek: ,
Mac

I never could understand the mentality of just killing.
I was brought up you don't shoot it unless it is killing your stuff or tearing you place up, or for food.
Never hunt close to the house that is for hard times.
Don't get me wrong I love to hunt like yesterday took the squirrel dog killed 6. I like to watch the dog work and I have a new one that is going to be a cracker jack. Didn't need anymore for supper.

Caustic Burno":37an6od0 said:
I never could understand the mentality of just killing.
I was brought up you don't shoot it unless it is killing your stuff or tearing you place up, or for food.

No matter if it's messing with my herd or not...I shot every coyote that I see...that's about the only animal besides groundhogs that I will kill just to get rid of the dang things

wow in nebraska if you put a bullet thru a coyote youll prolly get one thru yourself as well. here we have alot of mange and so we dont have many coyotes. but i do understand why you would shoot ANYTHING messin with your herd. i had a dog that chased my calves...that dog went to the pound. trust me i wanted him to go to doggie heaven cause hes caused so much trouble.

Funny thing about yotes, they are one of those kind of animals, that has more pups under hunting pressure, than they do when not hunted. Meaning, they will reproduce at a faster rate, with the more pressure put on them. Seriously look it up. I'm not even kidding. :shock: :shock: :shock: :idea:

The only things I've ever shot and not at least attempted to eat was dogs, coyotes, skunk, and some hogs, but only when I shoot too many for me to handle and no-one else want's them except in pretty little packages.

sidney411":xujijwfi said:
The only things I've ever shot and not at least attempted to eat was dogs, coyotes, skunk, and some hogs, but only when I shoot too many for me to handle and no-one else want's them except in pretty little packages.

There are some ranchers around shooting hogs out of feeders and coverting them to buzzard food.

backhoeboogie":2smh4qq0 said:
sidney411":2smh4qq0 said:

There are some ranchers around shooting hogs out of feeders and coverting them to buzzard food.

hmmm, so hogs converted to buzzzard food could bring in scores of Mexican buzzards. Wonder how many of those buzzards somebody could shoot before the buzzards got wise to it and left it alone? I'm finding myself beginning to work up a mission...a killing Mexican buzzard mission. Yeah, it's illegal, but when the old man's cows that are on the property across the road start calving, those buzzards drive those mamas half nuts. I hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em.

Alice

Alice":1qvhntp4 said:
backhoeboogie":1qvhntp4 said:
sidney411":1qvhntp4 said:

hmmm, so hogs converted to buzzzard food could bring in scores of Mexican buzzards. Wonder how many of those buzzards somebody could shoot before the buzzards got wise to it and left it alone? I'm finding myself beginning to work up a mission...a killing Mexican buzzard mission. Yeah, it's illegal, but when the old man's cows that are on the property across the road start calving, those buzzards drive those mamas half nuts. I hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em.

Alice

S S and S Are there houses around you? If so you may have to put a baby bottle nipple on the end of a 22 rifle to make it sound like a BB gun.

Only house around me is a good ways away...but not far enough that they couldn't hear a shot. However, they have no problem with shooting anything that bothers their animals. They've even shot hawks for looking funny at their chickens. I think I'd be safe shooting the things...

Is that for real? A baby bottle nipple silencer?

Alice

S S and S Are there houses around you? If so you may have to put a baby bottle nipple on the end of a 22 rifle to make it sound like a BB gun.

Have talked to some guys who tested the "Nipple" theory and they said it didn't work very well unless the .22 ammo was "CB's" that are subsonic anyway.

The nipple also caused accuracy that was highly undesirable.

Next to none past Point Blank.

Latest posts