Let's see em...

Help Support CattleToday:

There is no secret to big deer... no magic wand... they have to reach maturity. It's not protein, culling, blinds, guns, scent clothes... none of that junk. Take out the predators no matter if it's cats, coyotes, or humans... let the deer mature... and you will have as good of deer at that area will provi

There is no secret to big deer... no magic wand... they have to reach maturity. It's not protein, culling, blinds, guns, scent clothes... none of that junk. Take out the predators no matter if it's cats, coyotes, or humans... let the deer mature... and you will have as good of deer at that area will provide.
Big deer are in the eye of the hunter. Not you are the State of Texas. What's it to anyone what someone shoots on their land. If you want to raise big deer build a fence. I see you've drank the deer management cool aide. Lots of deer camp Bullshyt above.. 😂😂

Big deer are in the eye of the hunter. Not you are the State of Texas. What's it to anyone what someone shoots on their land. If you want to raise big deer build a fence. I see you've drank the deer management cool aide. Lots of deer camp Bullshyt above.. 😂😂

I agree with you and if you want to fight the state of Texas I'll back you but until then work with what you got.

If fence is what you do deer is what I do. You can believe or not believe but don't come crying when it ain't working. You have been told.

... and FYI. You had an the opportunity to speak your mind about TPW and have it heard but chose to try to be cute and belittle it. Now you will eat your bs soup whether you like it or not.

Ho
I agree with you and if you want to fight the state of Texas I'll back you but until then work with what you got.

If fence is what you do deer is what I do. You can believe or not believe but don't come crying when it ain't working. You have been told.

... and FYI. You had an the opportunity to speak your mind about TPW and have it heard but chose to try to be cute and belittle it. Now you will eat your bs soup whether you like it or not.
How's deer what you do????

Who's serving the soup .....???. you? 😂

Texas has the highest deer population in the USA. My area has the highest deer population in Texas. People especially kids should be able to shoot whatever walks out. Period..
I agree. Have you proposed a plan for that with TPW?

Are you aware of all the draw hunts kids can apply for on Texas property? They have a very high chance of getting one if they apply.

I agree. Have you proposed a plan for that with TPW?

Are you aware of all the draw hunts kids can apply for on Texas property? They have a very high chance of getting one if they apply.
No I don't care to get tpwd in my business. Learned that with the stripers.
And some family who've dealt with them in deer breeding. No thanks.

What do draw hunts have to do with this??

Again...how is deer what you do???

So you say they don't know what they are doing but aren't willing to share you expertise?

Kids are getting more and more opportunities to hunt every year due to TPW. Although it is not perfect, it is getting better and better though people getting involved to make changes and open up opportunities.

It falls in my purview with some of the properties I take care of.

So you say they don't know what they are doing but aren't willing to share you expertise?

Kids are getting more and more opportunities to hunt every year due to TPW. Although it is not perfect, it is getting better and better though people getting involved to make changes and open up opportunities.

Quit putting words in my mouth.
Not everyone has the same goals.

Why should I answer you when you won't answer me??

Because you are trying to come at me personally rather than debating the subject. I feel like I'm on The View with you Whoopi.
I asked a question about your statement. That's hardly coming at you. Why so defensive.?? 😂

For the discussion. If I want to grow big old deer. I would shoot the long yearling 4 point and let the 21/2 year old racked buck walk. That's just me lol

I asked a question about your statement. That's hardly coming at you. Why so defensive.?? 😂

For the discussion. If I want to grow big old deer. I would shoot the long yearling 4 point and let the 21/2 year old racked buck walk. That's just me lol
You wish. I told you years ago what I thought of your opinion. 😄I'm standing up for the people doing the work on these programs rather than just complaining about them.

You wish. I told you years ago what I thought of your opinion. 😄I'm standing up for the people doing the work on these programs rather than just complaining about them.

You don't care for my opinion but you ask it... interesting. Who are you standing up for.? I'll wager you don't know. I've got just as much right to my opinion as you. Probably more.
And I told you years ago your full of shyt.
You keep on digging... lol 😂

Your right I don't. I'll type it out for the others who care to learn about this stuff.

A lot of these start of as projects from grad students. These arent done by govt contacts or special interest groups. Some grad student at A&M might be looking for his next project and reading along with this thread. For all the flaws the enet can be an amazing tool.

I've been on some of the properties and met these people doing these studies and our local co-op brings them in as guest speakers along with a lot of it being posted online like the Texas Agrilife stuff.

It's very helpful in my opinion to actually meet and speak with them and see the data that influenced these decisions so you can decide for yourself. I've found them all to be very nice, normal people who are very cadid about the pros and cons of their own work. Some of these are done over years and I'm I'm always amazed by these people's dedication to the animals or or grass or the water to help us better understand and manage them. I think that's very admirable.

Your right I don't. I'll type it out for the others who care to learn about this stuff.

A lot of these start of as projects from grad students. These arent done by govt contacts or special interest groups. Some grad student at A&M might be looking for his next project and reading along with this thread. For all the flaws the enet can be an amazing tool.

I've been on some of the properties and met these people doing these studies and our local co-op brings them in as guest speakers along with a lot of it being posted online like the Texas Agrilife stuff.

It's very helpful in my opinion to actually meet and speak with them and see the data that influenced these decisions so you can decide for yourself. I've found them all to be very nice, normal people who are very cadid about the pros and cons of their own work. Some of these are done over years and I'm I'm always amazed by these people's dedication to the animals or or grass or the water to help us better understand and manage them. I think that's very admirable.
Their work might be admirable. But forcing their agenda on others is not.

There is no secret to big deer... no magic wand... they have to reach maturity. It's not protein, culling, blinds, guns, scent clothes... none of that junk. Take out the predators no matter if it's cats, coyotes, or humans... let the deer mature... and you will have as good of deer at that area will provide.
It is genetics, population density and feed resources. Same as cattle. Yes, age makes them bigger. A lot of research has been done for a long time and not just in one state. They have 1.5 YO bucks with huge racks. They selected for that and fed and kept density down. Doe hunts really help. But lower populations do not please a lot of hunters as they want to see deer and shoot more than a few. There's wildlife management and there's politics and public acceptance. The end policies and rules are often a blend of the two.

It is genetics, population density and feed resources. Same as cattle. Yes, age makes them bigger. A lot of research has been done for a long time and not just in one state. They have 1.5 YO bucks with huge racks. They selected for that and fed and kept density down. Doe hunts really help. But lower populations do not please a lot of hunters as they want to see deer and shoot more than a few. There's wildlife management and there's politics and public acceptance. The end policies and rules are often a blend of the two.
No doubt. I'm talking low fence and focusing on what you can control.

No matter what happens it takes age to see the full potential. All the other stuff with out age is a waste.