I Have a Problem With the Local Weatherman

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
I just wonder if all weathermen are like this. The guy at Ch. 13 (Macon,Ga.) really rubs me the wrong way. He thinks it's a disaster if we get any amount of precip. or even cloudiness. (Never mind that we have a 12 in. rain deficit for the year and the ground water table is beyond the reach of most plant life.) He's only happy if there are clear skies in the forecast. Any chance of precip. and he delivers it like a eulogy. He kicked it up a notch this week by celebrating the fact that temps. are in the 80's after a killing frost last weekend. Is this a sore point with others of you? The solution, I think is simple: require all weathermen to have grown up or have spent a good deal of time on a farm while growing up. What say you?

ga. prime":3qx36rp0 said:
I just wonder if all weathermen are like this. The guy at Ch. 13 (Macon,Ga.) really rubs me the wrong way. He thinks it's a disaster if we get any amount of precip. or even cloudiness. (Never mind that we have a 12 in. rain deficit for the year and the ground water table is beyond the reach of most plant life.) He's only happy if there are clear skies in the forecast. Any chance of precip. and he delivers it like a eulogy. He kicked it up a notch this week by celebrating the fact that temps. are in the 80's after a killing frost last weekend. Is this a sore point with others of you? The solution, I think is simple: require all weathermen to have grown up or have spent a good deal of time on a farm while growing up. What say you?

Or at least work a real job with us normal folks.
They will find that rain isnt that big a deal unless you DONT get it.

MD

The problem I have with ours is that they almost always have rain(we've been in a drought) at the end of the 5 or 7 day forecast. Then guess what? As that time approaches the chance is less and less then it disappears. They just do that to get us to watch. Seems like lying to me.

I know what you mean. I think they are all golfers. Heck, we got more water this summer when they said whe had a 20% chance of rain than when we had 60%. I used to be able to forecast the weather much better than the weatherman by the way my leg would ache. Doctors did too good of a job putting me back together though so now I'm at the mercy of these yahoos. The other day, ours said there was a 50% chance we were going to have a wet winter! :roll:

Gate Opener, I know just what you mean. At one point this past summer the ch. 13 weatherguy had a 30% chance of rain everyday for 6 straight weeks. We got nary a drop during that time. But everyday, this guy was warning everybody to take their umbrella with them. We finally got some rain when the chance dropped to 0%.