I have a bull calf that likes to eat ice out of my hands.

Help Support CattleToday:

Campground Cattle":2ozv3m0f said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2ozv3m0f said:
Arnold Ziffle":2ozv3m0f said:
Please do the right thing and offer her some RC Cola when you feed her those Moon Pies. :lol:
Here I thought people from Texas were Dr Pepper fans !

My family was since it was started by a relative. Grandma always had cases setting on the porch. Truck delivered them ever week.
The Bride must be a true Texan then cause diet DrPepper is all that she ever drinks. I liked watching that Justin Wilson fella. I remember him always saying " ONYANS" for onions. :lol: He sure did tell some good stories. Kinda like some of the bull that floats around on here. ;-)

We Texans do like Dr. Pepper, but Coke is the predominant "soda". Of course, down here just about all carbonated beverages are referred to as coke (and if you refer to it as "pop" you'll be humiliated :D . The RC Cola and Moon Pies might be a bit of local or regional humor. Don't exactly know how it came about, but the conventional & colloquial notion around here when I was growing up was that one of the snacks that black folks loved was "awra C Cola and moon pies" (that is, RC Cola --- it's hard to get the Southern black accent down in writing). (In addition to "Bar B Q and red soda wadda"). But us poor white folks sure liked them too, and it got to be that whenever we bought moon pies it was sort of obligatory to also get an RC Cola. Hope this wasn't offensive to any of our black members, certainly not meant to be

My uncle used to drive a RC truck, and that got my family started drinking it, and I still do. I like Dr. Pepper as well, but more than one blind taste test has chosen RC as the best tasting cola. Clark Howard did a blind taste test among his staff, and RC was chosen, but the Coke and Pepsi drinkers refused to believe that they had chosen RC! I know this is OK not Texas, but that's my two cents.

Seems to me I remember that Racc came in a bigger bottle than coke????
Some kids liked to pour a bag of peanuts into the bottle. I didn't because I thought it was a waste. Nothing extra to buy peanuts anyway.

Creme soda is not popular, but has got to be the very best.

Iteresting taste tests! As native Texan, guess I'll just stick with Coke, Pepsi, RC...

Always thought those Dr Pepper people were Democrats who wore Pith Helmets...lol. Dr. Pepper Advertising: "Be A Pepper"...really now... :) Back in late 50's or early 60's Dr. Pepper tried a campaign promoting "Hot Dr Pepper" (heat it up with twist of lemon). Something nasty about hot prune juice... :p

Beefy":17xk1upo said:
theres nothing like a coke in a glass bottle with peanuts in it.

I'll sure go along with the GLASS bottle, never tried the peanuts.

dun

Beefy":1cpx5utm said:
Amen
I think the comedians name who started the RC and Moon Pie thing was Brother Dave Gardener. Have one of his albums somewhere. He also said he did not believe there was a North and a South in America because even what was North of the South was still South of Canada. Kind of a southern Yogi Berra. :lol:

Chuck":2ribn8vo said:
Beefy":2ribn8vo said:
Amen
I think the comedians name who started the RC and Moon Pie thing was Brother Dave Gardener. Have one of his albums somewhere. He also said he did not believe there was a North and a South in America because even what was North of the South was still South of Canada. Kind of a southern Yogi Berra. :lol:

Could have been, haven't heard of him or Rusty Warren in years, or thought of them either for that matter.

dun

Ok.. I"ve been educated! I've never heard of Moon Pies and RC cola! To tell you the truth, I didn't think they SOLD RC cola in Texas!

I've converted to Dr. Pepper.. I guess too many years in Texas! But those Moon Pies are still nasty..

I don't think Cokes are as good as they used to be thirty years ago or so. I have heard that they used to use sugar and now use corn syrup. Any truth to that?

ollie":1yomgtjs said:
I don't think Cokes are as good as they used to be thirty years ago or so. I have heard that they used to use sugar and now use corn syrup. Any truth to that?
Right ollie. They used to use sugar and then changed to some of the artificial sweeteners and/or corn syrup.

The Coca in the name came from the cocaine that they used to have in them.
I remember them little 7 oz bottles for a nicke or a case for $1.00
And they were real good. Beat the heck out of what they make now.

Over the years they have ruined ... oops, I mean changed, food ingredients to make us healthier and live longer. I miss the old style Twinkies :cry:

TheBullLady":tax0mr06 said:
Ok.. I"ve been educated! I've never heard of Moon Pies and RC cola! To tell you the truth, I didn't think they SOLD RC cola in Texas!

I've converted to Dr. Pepper.. I guess too many years in Texas! But those Moon Pies are still nasty..
Do they have creme soda in Texas?
(For those with a discriminating taste) ;-)

It was back in the early 50s that they changed to the new filling

dun

Ryder":9hkswp4o said:
TheBullLady":9hkswp4o said:

Do they have creme soda in Texas?
(For those with a discriminating taste) ;-)

Yes I.B.C. makes a good Cream Soda but they make an even better Root Beer! 8)

Latest posts