I hauled some GINORMOUS Limmi cows today!

Help Support CattleToday:

jasonleonard

Reaction score
A local cattlewoman that has nothing but pure limmi cattle talked me in to bringing her cows in from summer pastures. I had never seen her cattle up close before today.
Usually I can haul around 11 or 12 cows on my 24 foot gooseneck. I was only able to get 8 of these big girls on the trailer at a time today!
I think some of these cows would have been over 1800lb. I asked the lady if she liked big cows, and her response was that she only raised cattle on pasture and hay (no grain or silage), and she didn't breed her heifers until they passed their second birthday. She said breeding them younger than that would STUNT them!
I told her I didn't think she could stunt these monsters!

The lady that I hauled the big cows in for says that the local salebarn owner has been putting pressure on her to put a BA bull on those big cows.
The barn owner tells her it will get rid of the "Limmi look!"
This lady is older, and set in her ways....she said "I have worked years to get those azzes on those calves, and I ain't gonna lose it with one BA bull in the pasture"! Sure made me laugh!

jasonleonard":hziq4hgo said:
The lady that I hauled the big cows in for says that the local salebarn owner has been putting pressure on her to put a BA bull on those big cows.
This lady is older, and set in her ways....she said "I have worked years to get those azzes on those calves, and I ain't gonna lose it with one BA bull in the pasture"! Sure made me laugh!

Do not know her but now I really like her !!! :D

She sounds like a gal that sticks to her principals .

hillsdown":343mx4ro said:
jasonleonard":343mx4ro said:

Do not know her but now I really like her !!! :D

She sounds like a gal that sticks to her principals .
:wave: Sounds like someone I would get along great with. I like the bigger framed cows to keep those udders out of the MUD! :tiphat:

Latest posts