I failed....feels like in everything....

Help Support CattleToday:

Life is full of trials and often we lose track of where our priorities should be.

Examine your situation, learn from it, and refocus yourself.

You're not a failure till you give up and quit trying.

there I knew your Mom and Dad wouldn't shout and go on at you they are supportive, as most of your posts suggested, you should never be afraid to talk to them as they seem like good parents, and not a lot fazes good ones. Go and see what you can do to resolve your course, if all else fails try another one at another college, don't roll in the corner and play dead, you don't sound that kind of girl. Is there one nearer home you could go to? so as you wont feel so Homesick, I worked with Children all my working life and a child with a good home life and good folks were the ones to be homesick out on field trips....Take care have a good summer. and get straight back to it in the new school year.......Chris

There are lessons to be learned from everything - even failure. No one has ever been 100% successful 100% of the time. So if your worried about the flunking grade in Physics (or what ever) don't! Simply take it again if it's a requirement for your degree plan.

If you're worried about what your parents are going to say then may I suggest you put things into perspective. (this is supposed to be funny but you may not think so right now)

Tell your parents that you think you may be pregnant and that you think the father is now in prison. You think you also contracted a STD from him. You wrecked your car and the guy you hit is suing for $3,000,000. The pedestrian you hit is also suing but is expected to recover. The green hair dye that was supposed to go away in a couple of days is now permanent but shaving your head will accelerate the regrowth of your normal hair color. And you can throw a few zingers in as well.

When your folks pick themselves up off the floor then tell them the truth. They will be so relieved that you JUST flunked a course. Perspective, everything in perspective.

Thanks for the kind words.

Well, today I found out some more things. Not only can I go into the Fresh Start program, since that's only IF I choose not to appeal the RTW statement, but I can appeal the RTW by writing a letter to the Associate Dean to tell him why I did not do so well, what happened, and things I can do to improve for the next year.

If I win the petition, then I go on with the courses that I chose for the next coming semesters under academic warning. Which sounds good for me.

So, things are turning out better than I expected after all. Mom was with me with all of this so when she heard about this it sure makes her feel better, as well as me.

THanks again everyone. :)

if you decide to take the physics class again - or if you find another class that is just kicking your butt....

in college I had the hardest time with college algebra - I just couldn't get it - dropped it twice and the third time didn't look good (obviously, it was required :x )
finally, a friend of mine that was in the engineering program decided he could help me - he taught me other ways of getting to the answers and I came out with a B in the class!

find a friend or pay a tutor - there is more than one way to skin a cat!

and don't ever forget about that last day to drop deadline
it costs money but doesn't look as bad on your transcript as that F

Thank You for getting back to us, just keep in mind next semester if we see you posting too much in here the, "Why Are you not studying physics! " issue may be raised!!! :lol:

ALX

AngusLimoX":bq3z05hh said:
Thank You for getting back to us, just keep in mind next semester if we see you posting too much in here the, "Why Are you not studying physics! " issue may be raised!!! :lol:

ALX
Now that is worth saying and it says a lot :!:

Reminds me of a friend of mine who was a math professor. Each class meeting he would call on a few students to "take the boards" and show how to work problems they were assigned the last class. If one did not know how, he would ask them another question. How much time did you spend on this material since the last class? Did you spend at least three hours?

If they were sincerely trying and having trouble, he was willing to help them on a one to one basis. If they didn't have the sincerity and commitment, they deserved to fail.

Any new thing you don't like, if you will apply yourself you will begin to learn. Then a funny thing happens. The more you learn, the more interesting it becomes.
But with an attitude of "I don't like that crap", you are working against yourself. You are trying to learn and wanting to avoid it all at the same time. That is like having your foot on the accelerator and brake at the same time. Wasting time and burning gas.

My daddy used to say, "get to work or go to the house." He had little patience with hanging around. Guess I am the same way.
(When I say "you" I mean anybody/everybody)

Ryder":3mnay59u said:
AngusLimoX":3mnay59u said:

ALX
But with an attitude of "I don't like that crap", you are working against yourself. You are trying to learn and wanting to avoid it all at the same time. That is like having your foot on the accelerator and brake at the same time. Wasting time and burning gas.

I don't mean to hijack here, but do you think that would also apply to someone who doesn't hate or even dislike math - just has a very, very long history of not being able to understand it?

msscamp":3lzkq9l7 said:
Ryder":3lzkq9l7 said:
AngusLimoX":3lzkq9l7 said:

ALX

I don't mean to hijack here, but do you think that would also apply to someone who doesn't hate or even dislike math - just has a very, very long history of not being able to understand it?
We have to be realistic about our limitations. For instance, it would be futile for me to waste one minute taking singing lessons with the hopes of becoming an opera singer. I am pretty much tone deaf, therefore limited.

AngusLimoX":f46qnw1g said:

ALX

:lol: :lol: Yeah, okay, I can take that...btw, since I wasn't all that into this Bio 207, I dropped that this spring. I'll take it again when crap like this doesn't, or won't crop up again.

So it looks like I got a six-week "holiday," lol...thanks again all. :D

Please don't think you are a faliture--I raised one of those..
Drug addict,does NOT want to be helped-thinks she's haveing "adventures like all teenagers"----She's 37..
You have a strong family,and good values.. "When a door closes,a window opens" Good luck,keep us posted..

peg4x4":1lsyiax6 said:
Please don't think you are a faliture--I raised one of those..
Drug addict,does NOT want to be helped-thinks she's haveing "adventures like all teenagers"----She's 37..
You have a strong family,and good values.. "When a door closes,a window opens" Good luck,keep us posted..

Thanks peg, I will.

Well, it looks like I'm back at the grindstone again...not saying that's a bad thing.

I got a thumbs up from the folks at my faculty,which means I won the appeal (from the appeal letter I sent in over a month ago), so I can continue my An Sci degree...under academic warning. But nonetheless, I'm looking forward to a new year.

So, I guess I ain't a failure in everything after all...besides, what's that old saying again? "There's always a way in which the good comes out of the bad." Sure learned a very hard lesson though, I'll tell you that.

IluvABbeef":8xvzvls3 said:
So, I guess I ain't a failure in everything after all...besides, what's that old saying again? "There's always a way in which the good comes out of the bad." Sure learned a very hard lesson though, I'll tell you that.

We have all failed at something. The key is to pick yourself back up and keep on plugging away.

When my daughter was in college she had foreign instructors telling her that she needed to go home and be a mom. I couldn't believe she let those nobodies get to her the way she did. But it happens. I was very proud of her when she overcame all the obstacles and got her EE degree. She is now running with the big dogs.

Don't let anyone or anything dictate what or who you become. Ten years from now you'll be ten years older, with or without a meaningful career. You parents can't put you there nor can your friends. You have to do it.

Those who have given up on their dreams will always try to talk you out of yours. Keep your eyes on your goal. Stop and smell the roses along the way but always remember your goal.

Charge Girl!!!
You can do it!!!!

Just a little fact, my parents sent my oldest sister to college. She flunked out and quit. No credits. Older sister No college.
Myself barely graduated high school. Night school for 2 college classes. 6 credits. Phycoliogy and Socioliogy. Can't remember how to spell them. :D

So if an C-D student like me can get those 6, as smart as you come across you can do better.

as the song says 'Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again' well done on winning your apeal, now use it wisely and you will be fine.....Good Luck.

Latest posts