I don't eat out much....

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I don't eat out much never really went to fast food places that is. I have to eat ever so often due to stomach acid issues and I was out longer than expected so I decided to get my favorite tea and a large fry from McDonald's the tea 1.00 cool the fries were 4.18 ...WTF I could have bought 10# of potatoes for that. I guess I'm getting old and think about that stuff more.

I don't eat out much never really went to fast food places that is. I have to eat ever so often due to stomach acid issues and I was out longer than expected so I decided to get my favorite tea and a large fry from McDonald's the tea 1.00 cool the fries were 4.18 ...WTF I could have bought 10# of potatoes for that. I guess I'm getting old and think about that stuff more.
Sounds like you ordered a bucket of fries.

That's cheap.

We were hauling calves yesterday and wanted a little snack for ride home. I ran in to a gas station while we were getting fuel to grab a little thing of chex mix.... $3.xx. 😳 I would have gladly paid $4.18 for a burger and drink. I usually keep summer sausage or dried sausage sticks in my I've chest but forgot. They are like $4-5 /# to have the processor make but it a way better value.

When I was traveling to oilfield boom towns it was nothing to pay $20 for a basic meal. A hamburger, fries and drink would be $10-15. Pre-made salads or sandwiches or any thing like that at restaurants/ gas stations were $10-15.

Fast food meals have gone up about 20% I think. Drinks not so much, but the food has and the pieces are getting smaller... KFC has gone up a little in price, but the broilers are smaller now and they are picking them up at the houses sooner so not as much growth. They are all going up. I eat out less and less... and try to remember to take stuff in the car for work.... so I can eat on the way home when I am hungry or tired...
Gone back to making my own sun tea in a gallon glass jar too.....although McD's tea is usually cheap enough....you pay for it in the increased food prices.

That's cheap.

We were hauling calves yesterday and wanted a little snack for ride home. I ran in to a gas station while we were getting fuel to grab a little thing of chex mix.... $3.xx. 😳 I would have gladly paid $4.18 for a burger and drink. I usually keep summer sausage or dried sausage sticks in my I've chest but forgot. They are like $4-5 /# to have the processor make but it a way better value.

When I was traveling to oilfield boom towns it was nothing to pay $20 for a basic meal. A hamburger, fries and drink would be $10-15. Pre-made salads or sandwiches or any thing like that at restaurants/ gas stations were $10-15.
Lol I got no burger just fries and a dollar large tea

Fast food meals have gone up about 20% I think. Drinks not so much, but the food has and the pieces are getting smaller... KFC has gone up a little in price, but the broilers are smaller now and they are picking them up at the houses sooner so not as much growth. They are all going up. I eat out less and less... and try to remember to take stuff in the car for work.... so I can eat on the way home when I am hungry or tired...
Gone back to making my own sun tea in a gallon glass jar too.....although McD's tea is usually cheap enough....you pay for it in the increased food prices.
Love their tea lol

How is your stomach issue doing now??? You getting rain today? It stayed east of us AGAIN...... we are needing it pretty bad....
Issues still there can't eat beef nothing with alot of acid small frequent meals. We are in flood watch 4 inches of rain so far. How much have y'all got?

I like my tea unsweetened with nothing in it. McDonalds is really sweet, it will almost curl your tongue up......lol Be careful if you ever take proton pumps as a lot of research is not positive for long term use. Sky have you ever had your gallbladder checked as that could be problematic?

The avoidance of PPI medication may prevent the development of dementia.

I drove 16 hours today delivering a trailer and took everything I ate or drank with me.
But stopped at a truck wash and paid 43.40 to get a pickup and bumper hitch trailer washed.

I like my tea unsweetened with nothing in it. McDonalds is really sweet, it will almost curl your tongue up......lol Be careful if you ever take proton pumps as a lot of research is not positive for long term use. Sky have you ever had your gallbladder checked as that could be problematic?

The avoidance of PPI medication may prevent the development of dementia.

Yes sir I don't take the meds all the time because of that. I just alter my diet. I had my gall bladder removed in 2018 and have a really slow digestive system so I eat small frequent meals.

I'm the same way. I can put a yeti or othe brand ice chest on back with ice, gatorade, water, whitetail summer sausage, snacks etc and still save money. I buy all my drinks in bulk at HEB. Snacks are bulk also but mostly meat from deer we kill. Basically dont buy any thing from a gas station but fuel. I do eat DQ or Subway from time to time but a lot of time I get just a burger or wrap... no fries... some times a drink. I will pay for a good homestyle cafe. It's amazing how much money per month you can save.

Latest posts