I didn't see this mentioned by anyone here...

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms said:
Has anyone received their book yet? I pre ordered and paid for my book on 2/11/19 and haven't received it yet.
I haven't got mine either, I ordered on the 15th.

I can't read, so if someone wants to cut the pictures out and send them to me, I will gladly pay a dollar for them.

True Grit Farms said:
Has anyone received their book yet? I pre ordered and paid for my book on 2/11/19 and haven't received it yet.
I don't think they are exactly ready to be shipped yet.
They are just taking pre-orders right now...the book won't be ready to ship until Mar 25. From the link:

"Forthcoming title to be released March 25, 2019! Pre-order and save! "
Gary Brumbelow just gave us a heads up to offer us some savings by pre-ordering, plus it possibly gives the publisher an idea how much interest there will be in the book.

The Kindle version is probably ready tho and the reviews look every bit as good as we all knew they would be.

" I thoroughly enjoyed reading "Mountain Ranch at the end of the road" and the stories related in it. It is a must read, especially for those of us who are of similar vintage and can relate the stories to the adventures and misadventures encountered in our own lives. Each story brings back memories long since forgotten. Old and young alike will find the book an inspiration to look for and pursue opportunity even when it is necessary to discover new ways to achieve success. It has been an honor for me to review this book and learn much more about the life lived by my friend Tom Hook. "
-- Dr. Chad Gibson, PhD, Range Sciences

" Mountain Ranch at the End of the Road, a personal story about a fourth-generation ranching family who leave a "sure-fire" ranch in Colorado, to a not-so-sure ranch in the mountains of British Columbia, Canada. Praying earnestly for God's leading, Tom, and Connie Hook and their boys, loaded up all their belongings, including machinery, horses & mounted up for the Empire Ranch. Mountain Ranch is well worth the read for the entire family."
-- Pastor Jack E Miller, author of Tough and Tender, a cowboy poetry book

" The only let down with Tom Hook's writing was its being cut short by his death. The manuscript was so interesting that I couldn't put it down. I met Tom and his family when they moved to Owyhee county, Idaho, where they immediately became good neighbors. Tom was optimistic, sharing his knowledge and expertise, joining in our struggles dealing with the Bureau of Land Management and so-called conservationists. His disappointment was that many of the bureaucrats had little knowledge of resources they were charged with. Even more so was their apparent desire to disregard science-based management of the same. "
-- Michael Hanley IV, Rancher, historian, and author of seven books including Owyhee Trails, winner of the 1973 Cowboy Hall of Fame Western Heritage Wrangler Award

"We were blessed to become friends with Tom and Connie when they moved to Owyhee County, Idaho. Their commitment to God and family, their adventurous spirit, and love of a good challenge that we saw in their lives shine brightly in this book. We always enjoyed Tom's stories of their time in Canada and reading them felt like listening to Tom again."

-- Tim & Rosa Maria Lowry

Ordered mine yesterday, but it was a lot better when we could ask questions and make comments. :(

Just finished reading this book. It was very good. Sent it to a friend who probably knew some of the folks they write about.

Somehow I had missed this thread originally but I will have to see if I can get my hands on a copy. Looks like my kind of reading.

Latest posts