I am so sad. I have to share!

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":2kqdofsa said:
roulettegrl67":2kqdofsa said:
Limo,
I understand what you are saying. I am sorry about your dogs. The only difference here was that my bull was invited to this particular pasture. He had broke out a week prior to this. I didn't make myself clear, sorry. It's a long and difficult story to explain on this board without it taking up 3 pages...lol
I happen to work for the sheriff's dept. This is far from over.
He did say it was a civil matter, just not a criminal. I can live with that. Just a side note. To not sound repetative, the man who killed my bull, went in to feed the cows/bulls, he didn't own the land or the cows. Not as cut and dry.
I do respect your comments though. :)
Have a good day.
im seeing everything more clearly now that i know the rest of the story.you was nice enough to loan your bull to the neighbors.so they could breed their cows.has nothing todo with the bull gettting out an roaming.in my eyes the neighbor is responsable for the bull.an everyone here knowd you dont try to cut a bull out away from feed or hay.because if you do someone is gonna get hurt.all the bull wanted todo was eat hay.he wasnt going to hurt no one that i could see.the lesson here is never an i mean never let a green horn mess with your cattle.around here that guy would be paying for the bull fast.because if he didnt he be blackballed in the whole area.stupidity like that makes my blood boil.

an everyone here knowd you dont try to cut a bull out away from feed or hay.because if you do someone is gonna get hurt.

Precisely! :nod:

roulettegrl67":3u5om30h said:
Caustic,
God, you just don't get it man, do you?

Karen, Actually he does get it. You don't. Lets look at this logically:

Why didn't the lady ask you to feed for her since she was needing someone to feed while she was out of town and you had an animal there? That would make logical sense to me. She obviously has a problem with you or with asking you. If you had been over there regularly taking care of business she would probably have decided you were a responsible person and asked you.

Why would she ask an idiot to feed her animals? He was indeed an idiot who doesn't have a clue. Yet she chose to ask him rath than you and he doesn't have an animal on the place. Hmmm.

Why was the bull being cut out? My guess is that the lady had made comments to the idiot. She was tired of feeding your animal. Open cows should have been covered in a months time. How many months has that bull been over there? Two months is way too long. Has it been six, seven or even a year?

Do you even have a pen built yet? This is a jumper bull in the first place that no cattleman would want. If he was an excellent bull he wouldn't have been given away.

I have fed horses that were left on my place. Someone asks to leave it here for a week and you don't see them for months.

Hence, I would sit down with Caustic for a cup of coffee. I would truly be interested in knowing "The whole story" but I don't think I would want to sit down with you over a cup of coffee and hear it.

If you have an animal, take care of it. Period. If you cannot take care of an animal, don't leave your responsibility up to someone else.

Every cattleperson on this board has had to deal with someone else's problems. Your bull was a jumper. You didn't have a fence to keep him in on your own place. He was hungry. Obviously very hungry. Where were you?

Hoe,
Why didn't the lady ask you to feed for her since she was needing someone to feed while she was out of town and you had an animal there?
I didn't know she was away, and would've been more than happy to feed all the animals! Told her I would feed them. She made her own arrangements without my knowledge.
She obviously has a problem with you or with asking you. If you had been over there regularly taking care of business she would probably have decided you were a responsible person and asked you.
You're joking, right? lol
Why would she ask an idiot to feed her animals? He was indeed an idiot who doesn't have a clue.
Hmmm, we actually agree on this one. And that's what I am trying to find out too.
Why was the bull being cut out? My guess is that the lady had made comments to the idiot. She was tired of feeding your animal.
Once again, your lack of intelligence is quite shocking. My Bull was there for a few days.
Hence, I would sit down with Caustic for a cup of coffee. I would truly be interested in knowing "The whole story" but I don't think I would want to sit down with you over a cup of coffee and hear it.
I haven't heard him invite you for a cup. But might be a good idea you guys have a lot in common...lol
You werent serious when you mentioned looking at this logically, were you? I think you just like stirring the pot.
God Bless

Alice, Stepper and BigBull,
An update! The lady and her killer called today and said they want to make this wrong right! They have restored my hope of decency again!! He called my husband and said he was sorry. He said he was scared and panicked. (Think so?...lol)
My husband kept his cool and said what the heck were you thinking. He said he was just trying to feed the woman's cows and not ours by trying to get in between the bull and her cows. (Dumb a$$ reason, but whatever)
Word has gotten around about what he did and being our "BigBoy" was loved by all the neighbors, he must've been feeling the heat. The woman wanted to apologize as well by not thinking her decision through and being she was the responsible party at that time, wants to split the value with the man. When we get the green I will let you all know. But that's better news! Atleast I feel that we were vindicated to some degree and they were big enough people make this terrible situation a little better.
I know the real cattle ranchers probably will think this is so "pansy" but the kids in the neighborhood have left flowers by the pasture and have made pictures. He was an unusually sweet animal. Makes me feel better.
Thanks again guys/ladies!
Will fill you in as things unfold. Until then don't let Haas and Hoe make you crazy....lol
Karen :)

backhoeboogie":22ug0iad said:
roulettegrl67":22ug0iad said:
Caustic,

Karen, Actually he does get it. You don't. Lets look at this logically:

Why didn't the lady ask you to feed for her since she was needing someone to feed while she was out of town and you had an animal there? That would make logical sense to me. She obviously has a problem with you or with asking you. If you had been over there regularly taking care of business she would probably have decided you were a responsible person and asked you.

Why would she ask an idiot to feed her animals? He was indeed an idiot who doesn't have a clue. Yet she chose to ask him rath than you and he doesn't have an animal on the place. Hmmm.

Why was the bull being cut out? My guess is that the lady had made comments to the idiot. She was tired of feeding your animal. Open cows should have been covered in a months time. How many months has that bull been over there? Two months is way too long. Has it been six, seven or even a year?

Do you even have a pen built yet? This is a jumper bull in the first place that no cattleman would want. If he was an excellent bull he wouldn't have been given away.

I have fed horses that were left on my place. Someone asks to leave it here for a week and you don't see them for months.

If you have an animal, take care of it. Period. If you cannot take care of an animal, don't leave your responsibility up to someone else.

Every cattleperson on this board has had to deal with someone else's problems. Your bull was a jumper. You didn't have a fence to keep him in on your own place. He was hungry. Obviously very hungry. Where were you?
So everyone that leases out a bull should expect it to be shot for no other reason then it was trying to get feed? The fence jumping has nothing to do with the fact that her property was killed. The fact that the bull was given wasn't valid reason for it to be killed. If people take a bull for free to breed all of there cattle then they shouldn't mind feeding it for a few more months.

Caustic Burno":1tff2v2h said:
roulettegrl67":1tff2v2h said:
Caustic,
Obviously you are mentally incapable of understanding much.
Never said he wasn't my responsibility.
Do all of us a favor and go back to bed.
Putting you on ignore right about now.

I get it you don't take responsibility for your action and you are a whiner. It is always somebody elses is fault not mine.
I can here you know old fence jumper got out and got in the road and some mom taking her kids to school in a minivan was killed as well her kids when they hit him. It can't be my fault can it. He has onlt jumped the fence a few times.
What does this logic of imaginary situations have to do with the facts of what happend?

Looks like it was all settled amlicably in the end anyway.

What I fail to understand is how some people can think the owner of the bull would be responsible for the lose.

(1) The bull was legitimatley leased out regardless if money changed hands or paperwork was completed. This doenst look to have ever been a question.

(2) The leaser had knowledge the bull was a fence jumper as that is how it got there in the first place. Regardless the bull was still there in the leaser's pasture, the one it was supposed to be in, anyway; so that isnt an issue either. It really doesnt matter if a different producer would have shipped the bull or not.

(3) The guy feeding the bull was acting as the agent of the leaser, which would make the leaser jointly responsible.

(4) I would have filed a Damage to Private Property complaint with the local SO. What many people fail to realize is it really isnt up to the police if they feel you are a victim or not or a crime was actually commited. If you are making a complaint of a crime they are required, in every state I know of, to take the complaint, regardless of if it is determined to be founded or not. Doesnt mean the complaint will actually go anywere, but if they never take the complaint then it definitely wont for sure.

I do think you would have a civil case rather than a criminal one in the end though; but without the police report how would you ever show it even occured several months later when it hits the docket.

Just my opinion.

so glad that the lady an the guy she had feeding for her is settling with you.i figured he paniced an got madd from the beginning.the lady was the 1 that wnted her cows bred.an thats why he was there in the 1st place.i dont get why she had cows an no bull.unless it was to get the ag exemption on her land.

so glad that the lady an the guy she had feeding for her is settling with you.i figured he paniced an got madd from the beginning.the lady was the 1 that wnted her cows bred.an thats why he was there in the 1st place.i dont get why she had cows an no bull.unless it was to get the ag exemption on her land.

You got it right BigBull!! She gets the AG exemp!
Thanks again for your good wishes.

3MR,
You are one smart cookie! I'll listen to your opinion anyday!...lol
I too am glad it has worked out, so far.
I was surprised with the response. Such great advice and maybe some not so great, but I have appreciated all of it.
Take care,

roulettegrl67":1b7e97r1 said:
Once again, your lack of intelligence is quite shocking. My Bull was there for a few days.

You werent serious when you mentioned looking at this logically, were you? I think you just like stirring the pot.
God Bless

If your bull was there only a few days, then yes, this is tragic and you are entitled to a full reimbursement for ths animal.

Why would this lady want her cows bred now? Most cattle people don't want calves dropping in December or January. This is why I assumed your bull had been there way too long and you didn't say how long until now. Fall calvers work fine for me in this climate. You are in Florida and likely enjoy a long calving season as well. A cow bred right now equates to a December birth.

It is good that she called you and is going to compensate you. Had I known from the get go that it had only been a couple of days, I would have felt different about this. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Just for curiosity sake...how many cows does this woman have, Karen?

Alice

backhoeboogie":pn28epcx said:
roulettegrl67":pn28epcx said:

God Bless

If your bull was there only a few days, then yes, this is tragic and you are entitled to a full reimbursement for ths animal.

Why would this lady want her cows bred now? Most cattle people don't want calves dropping in December or January. This is why I assumed your bull had been there way too long and you didn't say how long until now. Fall calvers work fine for me in this climate. You are in Florida and likely enjoy a long calving season as well. A cow bred right now equates to a December birth.

It is good that she called you and is going to compensate you. Had I known from the get go that it had only been a couple of days, I would have felt different about this. Sorry for misunderstanding.
How poorly the other women may manage her cattle doesn't have anything to do with what happened.

auctionboy":1do3b268 said:
How poorly the other women may manage her cattle doesn't have anything to do with what happened.

Hey auctionboy,

Why don't you go loan her your bull if the way she manages her cattle makes no difference to your decision?

Oh, in response to calving time, the summer is rough here so any other time is fine in this climate.
And Alice, the woman has 2 scottish highlanders, 1 Zebu and 2 Braford. My bull was a Braford. I think that would be a Brahman/Hereford mix. (Sorry for the layman's terms)....lol

roulettegrl67":28997ajx said:
Oh, in response to calving time, the summer is rough here so any other time is fine in this climate.
And Alice, the woman has 2 scottish highlanders, 1 Zebu and 2 Braford. My bull was a Braford. I think that would be a Brahman/Hereford mix. (Sorry for the layman's terms)....lol

Well, if by chance any of them were bred, the calf/calves ought to be interesting looking. :)

Alice

Latest posts