I am so sad. I have to share!

Help Support CattleToday:

auctionboy":dfq0es1u said:
redfornow":dfq0es1u said:
backhoeboogie":dfq0es1u said:
Auctionboy, you still don't have a clue as to what cattlemen ethics are.

I will second that.
I couldn't careless what either of you think.

As you grow up you will begin to care more about what people think. But it will take time.
We will be waiting.
Till then :oops:

MD

Roulette girl, your bull crossed the Street? I just hate it when that happens. Next time, cut your losses and try for a trade at that point.

Your bull got out and crossed the road. At that point you become liable. And anyone here who has had cattle for long has had one get out. But we know that we are liable for ones that get out. That is why we all make every effort to not let them escape and why we ship fence jumpers.

Once the neighbor asked you to leave the bull there to breed her cows she is taking responcability for your bull. Now she is liable for the bull.

It sounds like the guy who shot the bull had other courses of action that he could have taken to get away from your bull. At least that is what your story sounds like. If that is so then he is liable for his actions.

I think I would talk to a lawyer. But I would question how far it is worth pushing the case.

Dave

redfornow":1bv5hgnj said:
auctionboy":1bv5hgnj said:
redfornow":1bv5hgnj said:
backhoeboogie":1bv5hgnj said:
Auctionboy, you still don't have a clue as to what cattlemen ethics are.

I will second that.
I couldn't careless what either of you think.

As you grow up you will begin to care more about what people think. But it will take time.
We will be waiting.
Till then :oops:

MD

If he gets grown.
With his temper and going to go to someone's house and take it out however might fly in NY. In my neck of the woods there would only be one side of the story when the sheriff arrived.

roulettegrl67,with all due respect, bulls are not pets,I hope you learned a lession from this,maybe you should consider getting a pet that is more manageable,probably the fastest way I know of to get sideways with a neighbor is to be or have your "pets"on private property.
I cannot count the times I have had heated disputes with folks not keeping their cattle up.While I have never shot one nor do I condone the idiots action that did,I have hauled some to the sale barn as strays,knowing where they belonged,just got tired of hauling them back home.................good luck

What I wonder about was just exactly what it was the bull was doing when he 'attacked'? Was it a serious attack (charging)? Or a simple threatening head shake as in stay away from my girls? Or, considering the fact that he was already known to be quiet, and that the bloke was feeding out hay, did he come over to the truck to get the feed? Seems like to me the guy feeding was an idiot who was scared of this bull. Especially since he decided to get between a bull (which may have been showing signs of aggression) and his cows.

Karen, I'm still shaking my head that the guy was trying to separate the bull from the heifers with a pickup! Did he happen to say why he was doing that?

Alice

Alice,
Sorry, my head has been spinning from all the posts...lol I am still shaking my head about this guy's thinking ability.
The guy said he wanted to feed the girls and not my bull. He was trying to get in between my bull and the girls with his truck. Made no sense to me. He shouldn't have been authorized to be in there period. It was a bad situation, and I am sure there is a lesson to be learned from this. The lesson is trust no one with your animals. A painful lesson to learn.
I am going to cut to the chase here and just say, I was able to get a fella with a huge tractor /backhoe and buried my "bogboy" tonight.
I appreciate all the solicited and unsolicited advice. I am aware that there are some hardcore cattlemen/women on this board and some folks that raise cows for fun. I am also wise enough to know that all pets or animals or beasts could be potentially dangerous and deadly if not respected. I was able to love my bull through the barb fence. I get attached, I fall in love and I am not ashamed of that...lol That's always been my way. I am like that with all of my animals, horses, goats, dogs, fish, kids, etc...lol
I didnt intend for my original post to be one of a pity party. I was inquiring to know if I had any legal standing on this matter and from what I have read I may or may not. To me, it's worth looking into.
Thanks for your time ,
Goodnight all.

roulettergrl67

If you do look into getting legal advice and if you would not feel i am pring into your personal bussiness. I sure would be interested in knowing what the outcome is ?

roulettegrl67":h4t5c1xq said:
Alice,
Sorry, my head has been spinning from all the posts...lol I am still shaking my head about this guy's thinking ability.
The guy said he wanted to feed the girls and not my bull. He was trying to get in between my bull and the girls with his truck. Made no sense to me. He shouldn't have been authorized to be in there period. It was a bad situation, and I am sure there is a lesson to be learned from this. The lesson is trust no one with your animals. A painful lesson to learn.
I am going to cut to the chase here and just say, I was able to get a fella with a huge tractor /backhoe and buried my "bogboy" tonight.
I appreciate all the solicited and unsolicited advice. I am aware that there are some hardcore cattlemen/women on this board and some folks that raise cows for fun. I am also wise enough to know that all pets or animals or beasts could be potentially dangerous and deadly if not respected. I was able to love my bull through the barb fence. I get attached, I fall in love and I am not ashamed of that...lol That's always been my way. I am like that with all of my animals, horses, goats, dogs, fish, kids, etc...lol
I didnt intend for my original post to be one of a pity party. I was inquiring to know if I had any legal standing on this matter and from what I have read I may or may not. To me, it's worth looking into.
Thanks for your time ,
Goodnight all.

The guy said he wanted to feed the girls and not my bull.

Incredible...and incredibly stupid. The only reason I can think of that the idiot thought he could keep that bull from eating with the cows is that...he's an idiot. And, it wouldn't matter if it was a bull or a cow...when food's on the table, they're all gonna want their share. Idiot...scarier...idiot with a gun.

Alice

roulettegrl67":2bj2o8u7 said:
Alice,
Thanks for your time ,
Goodnight all.

OK your upset as you were letting your bull run is someone's pasture that didn't know anything about cattle. Your bull your responsiilty.

Caustic,
God, you just don't get it man, do you?
Obviously you are mentally incapable of understanding much.
Never said he wasn't my responsibility.
Do all of us a favor and go back to bed.
Putting you on ignore right about now.

roulettegrl67":3a2tkua5 said:
Caustic,
God, you just don't get it man, do you?
Obviously you are mentally incapable of understanding much.
Never said he wasn't my responsibility.
Do all of us a favor and go back to bed.
Putting you on ignore right about now.

I get it you don't take responsibility for your action and you are a whiner. It is always somebody elses is fault not mine.
I can here you know old fence jumper got out and got in the road and some mom taking her kids to school in a minivan was killed as well her kids when they hit him. It can't be my fault can it. He has onlt jumped the fence a few times.

I am not trying to be insensitve here, but I have had dogs killed by neighbors because they were in their pastures, and NOT in my own. Bulls to me are the same way. Yes, the man shoulda, woulda, coulda done something different, but he didnt. Senseless killings of animals or humans never make sense. As to legal recourse? who know.. only an attorney can tell you that. Sounds to me like the sheriff gave you a bit of an idea about what the future holds.

Limo,
I understand what you are saying. I am sorry about your dogs. The only difference here was that my bull was invited to this particular pasture. He had broke out a week prior to this. I didn't make myself clear, sorry. It's a long and difficult story to explain on this board without it taking up 3 pages...lol
I happen to work for the sheriff's dept. This is far from over.
He did say it was a civil matter, just not a criminal. I can live with that. Just a side note. To not sound repetative, the man who killed my bull, went in to feed the cows/bulls, he didn't own the land or the cows. Not as cut and dry.
I do respect your comments though. :)
Have a good day.

A big mouth on a another mans porch is a dangerous combination.

I can here you know old fence jumper got out and got in the road and some mom taking her kids to school in a minivan was killed as well her kids when they hit him. It can't be my fault can it. He has onlt jumped the fence a few times.

Hey Haas,
Looks like you are entering some dangerous territory. You are getting way too close to my porch now! You should really take your own advice.
Don't ruin these boards. They are a great source of information and expertise for us cowpokes!
Sorry for this ugliness members.

roulettegrl67":3vw3dcbj said:
Limo,
I understand what you are saying. I am sorry about your dogs. The only difference here was that my bull was invited to this particular pasture. He had broke out a week prior to this. I didn't make myself clear, sorry. It's a long and difficult story to explain on this board without it taking up 3 pages...lol
I happen to work for the sheriff's dept. This is far from over.
He did say it was a civil matter, just not a criminal. I can live with that. Just a side note. To not sound repetative, the man who killed my bull, went in to feed the cows/bulls, he didn't own the land or the cows. Not as cut and dry.
I do respect your comments though. :)
Have a good day.
im seeing everything more clearly now that i know the rest of the story.you was nice enough to loan your bull to the neighbors.so they could breed their cows.has nothing todo with the bull gettting out an roaming.in my eyes the neighbor is responsable for the bull.an everyone here knowd you dont try to cut a bull out away from feed or hay.because if you do someone is gonna get hurt.all the bull wanted todo was eat hay.he wasnt going to hurt no one that i could see.the lesson here is never an i mean never let a green horn mess with your cattle.around here that guy would be paying for the bull fast.because if he didnt he be blackballed in the whole area.stupidity like that makes my blood boil.