I am so sad. I have to share!

Help Support CattleToday:

roulettegrl67":1ahrra42 said:
Oh, in response to calving time, the summer is rough here so any other time is fine in this climate.
And Alice, the woman has 2 scottish highlanders, 1 Zebu and 2 Braford. My bull was a Braford. I think that would be a Brahman/Hereford mix. (Sorry for the layman's terms)....lol
Karen :)
what the heck is highlanders doing in south fla. never much good comes from loaning bulls. but thats a new one on me. i borrowed a bull one spring to breed some heifers. he jumps the fence to the neighbors and kills his bull didnt get a calf from him. and had to pay for his bull to boot. now you think you are sad that one hurt like heII. glad it worked out for you ;-)

I think the lady told me she rescued the highlanders from a zoo of some sort.
Not quite sure what else you said but I am glad it worked out for me too. Well I haven't met with them to complete the transaction, but being optimistic...lol

backhoeboogie":1f6biy6t said:
auctionboy":1f6biy6t said:
How poorly the other women may manage her cattle doesn't have anything to do with what happened.

Hey auctionboy,

Why don't you go loan her your bull if the way she manages her cattle makes no difference to your decision?
What you wrote doesn't make any sense? If I was going to rent out a bull as long as it was fed well and the cattle had correct vac. I wouldn't care if the farm I rented it to was being managed to its potential. Also I don't want to pay the bill for shipping from Ny to Florida.

Again.. as always.. patience is a virtue..and things work out in the end.. for the most part.

roulettegrl67":1446abku said:
I happen to work for the sheriff's dept. This is far from over.
A personal vindetta complete with badge and gun hmm.
Maybe I missed it. How much did you lose on this?
Actual expense be it time invested or money paid?
The way I've read it so far you haven't been out anything.
The bull was given to you. It was left where it landed because you weren't ready to take possession.

dj":rzvdjy6w said:
roulettegrl67":rzvdjy6w said:
The bull was given to you. It was left where it landed because you weren't ready to take possession.
If someone paid for a possession of theres is not what qualifies if someone is allowed to destroy it. What if you inheritted a house can someone burn it down? You didn't pay for it. How do you know that if the theysaid "the bull had to go" that she couldn't take possession?

roulette,

I've been watching the conversation. Sorry about the loss. I hope things work out for you in the end. Thanks for putting up with the harshness and keeping us updated. I'm new to raising cattle, so I don't have a qualified opinion.

I would say I have learned a lot from these guys and I hope you don't take their comments personally. They are mostly a good-hearted bunch ready to share their expertise (for which I am thankful).

Star,
Yes, some in here are tough, but I have to say I kind of like the challenge :)
I was raised by a tough father and my grandpa was a gritty cattleman. Even though they were hard shelled, underneath was soft marshmallow...lol
I have thick skin, I can take it.
I respect everyone on this board for the most part.
Thanks for your kind words and I won't be leaving anytime soon. I will be chewing all your ears when it's time to start all over again with some cows/ STEERS, etc. lol
Take care,

DJ,
I said I worked for the Sheriff's Dept. I am not a Deputy.
This is not about a vendetta. Didnt you read the posts after that one? The woman and the man called and wanted to make it right somehow. I did pay 350.00 to have a hole dug and bury him. This is a situation where they admit mistakes and are willing to step up to the plate.
Hmmm

Auctionboy,
Yes, as always I agree with you,friend.
The point isn't so much about the money as it is about the principle of it all. Sometimes you can never put a price on something. No amount of money will make this alright. The fact that they admitted fault and apologized is great. The fact they want to cover the burial expenses is even better.
I think DJ is just trying to stir the "Sh..t pot"...lol
Have a great weekend!
Karen

dj":g8zlwe8o said:
roulettegrl67":g8zlwe8o said:

The clarity of it is amazing DJ sure sounds like veiled threats.
Nothing a box of kitchen matches a cigarette and a rubber band wouldn't fix.

auctionboy":21gc7rbe said:
dj":21gc7rbe said:
roulettegrl67":21gc7rbe said:
If someone paid for a possession of theres is not what qualifies if someone is allowed to destroy it. What if you inheritted a house can someone burn it down? You didn't pay for it. How do you know that if the theysaid "the bull had to go" that she couldn't take possession?

auctionboy
Their words here, not mine

roulettegrl67":21gc7rbe said:
Once he was there, the owner of the cows asked if I could keep him in there and see if he would get some pregnant. I said sure and I figured this would buy us some time to get a sturdy fence up on my property. Karen from Sarasota

dj":qwtjllsl said:
auctionboy":qwtjllsl said:
dj":qwtjllsl said:
roulettegrl67":qwtjllsl said:

auctionboy
Their words here, not mine

roulettegrl67":qwtjllsl said:
Once he was there, the owner of the cows asked if I could keep him in there and see if he would get some pregnant. I said sure and I figured this would buy us some time to get a sturdy fence up on my property. Karen from Sarasota
They didn't take the bull because of fencing problems, they took the bull to breed. Who knows what kind of info structure was made in 2-3 months? It doesn't matter no one could force them to take the bull if they didn't want it there and they said they wanted it there and made zero requests for it to be removed, that makes them liable for the damages, sorry I had to get all lawyer on you.

Auctionboy,
You are hired, my friend!...lol
You hit the nail on the head!
I think some people here just like busting chops.
Have a great weekend!

Latest posts